Windows 10: Recent Microphone Problems

Discus and support Recent Microphone Problems in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Wondering if anyone else has had audio/microphone problems over the last few weeks? We've been having issues across both Dell & HP devices with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tblake9303, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Recent Microphone Problems

Wondering if anyone else has had audio/microphone problems over the last few weeks?

We've been having issues across both Dell & HP devices with the microphone randomly stopping working. Have done the usual uninstall/reinstall drivers, disable & re-enable in device manager etc

We've tried disabling and uninstalling the realtek audio drivers which works temporarily. Wondering if a recent Windows update has been causing problems?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/tblake9303
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tblake9303, Mar 9, 2020

2. Microphone Problem

Hello,

The issue that you're experiencing with the microphone may be caused by outdated driver. We would like to know more details about your concern so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we would also suggest that you update your driver. To do that, here are the

steps
    on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Mar 9, 2020
  3. Microphone Problems (Please Help)

Hi Larry,

We'd like to verify a few things in order for us to assist you effectively. Kindly confirm the following:

Were there any recent changes made to your computer prior to the issue? (Windows update, software or hardware installation, etc.)

• Do you get an error when you're trying to use your microphone?
    • What is the make and model of your microphone?
    • How did you install your microphone to your Windows 10 PC? Kindly verify if the steps below are the same as the steps you have performed:

To install a new microphone, follow these steps:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the volume icon on the taskbar and select
      Recording Devices

• In the Recording tab, select the microphone or recording device you'd like to set up. Select
      Configure.

• Select Set up microphone, and follow the steps of the
      Microphone Setup Wizard

To test a microphone that has already been installed:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the volume icon on the taskbar and select
      Recording Devices

• In the Recording tab, look for green bars rising as you speak into your recording device. If the bars are moving, your device is connected and working properly.

Let us know.

Joanna 777, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Recent Microphone Problems

Microphone problem Windows (8/10)

Hi,

To resolve your microphone issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click Windows + S then type Speech Recognition on the search bar.
    • Click Set up microphone and follow the Microphone setup wizard.
    • When you reach Adjust the microphone volume, please note if the volume bar moves from yellow to red.
    • Once the Setup wizard is complete, we can check if the microphone works properly. We can eliminate hardware problem from the possible causes of the issue. Please check to if the issue persists in the Third-party software.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Recent Microphone Problems

1. Recent Microphone Problems - Similar Threads - Recent Microphone Problems

2. "Microphone problem"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Microphone problem": Hello, my microphone "runs as it should" picks up my voice, but it's not like before. I mean, after I downloaded and played one video game. So my microphone doesn't run as it used to, he used to pick up my keyboard evenly, which I didn't mind. I'm so weird, and I'd like it to...
  3. Microphone problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone problems: Hi,I've been having some problems with my microphone latelyWhen I record videos on the camera app or when I record audio with the voice recorder app, no audio gets recorded. I've tried many suggestions given here and other ones on the web, but nothing seems to be working....
  4. Microphone problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone problems: So on my computer my microphone plays me talking really quiet and plays my desktop audio loud. my discord isnt testing my audio and my mic isnt going through my head phones...
  5. Microphone Problem

Microphone Problem: Hello Everyone,, I was using my laptop in a Zoom Meeting, and my inbuilt speaker started blasting my voice and had a hum behind it. It also has static noises and it is unhearable. Please help I am in urgent need. It Is Synaptics HD Audio Microphone with an Intel Core i5...
  6. Problem with Microphone

Problem with Microphone: Hello I just tried to use a microphone with my Windows 10 - 64 bits After several tries, I got the sound going from the microphone through the speakers But I am unable to "connect" the microphone to any sound application : the microphone is not recognized Thanks for your...
  7. Problem with Microphone

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Microphone: Hello I just tried to use a microphone with my Windows 10 - 64 bits After several tries, I got the sound going from the microphone through the speakers But I am unable to "connect" the microphone to any sound application : the microphone is not recognized Thanks for your...
  8. Microphone problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone problem.: Good morning friends, I have a problem, my microphone worked well, but one day, I turned on the computer and when I spoke, my voice was not reproduced, but if the sounds produced by my desk are heard, try to solve it, but I can not, someone would help me please? submitted by...
  9. Microphone problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone problems: Hey, when i plug my headsets into the laptop it doesn't want to use the integrated microphone. Is there a way to fix it? submitted by /u/speedban99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fq6ig6/microphone_problems/
  10. Microphone problems

Microphone problems: Hello, I'm trying to connect and use a headset and it it is TRRS. Because of this I am using a splitter cable to connect it both to speaker and microhpone jack. However for some reason, it is recognized as a line in and doesnt record any voice. I've tried so much from...