Windows 10: Recent Microsoft Update screwed up my Computer

Discus and support Recent Microsoft Update screwed up my Computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On Wednesday 6/25/2020 I got a notification for a Critical Update gor Windows 10, I hit “Update& Restart” but ny HP computer never came back on, there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by raichaunbrown, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Recent Microsoft Update screwed up my Computer

On Wednesday 6/25/2020 I got a notification for a Critical Update gor Windows 10, I hit “Update& Restart” but ny HP computer never came back on, there was a constant Resart Loop for hours overnight that kept saying Recovery Failed. After additiobal hours trying to allow it to fix itself, I unplugged my computer to power backup but that didnt work then I was forced to just re-set it. Now my Windows says my Product Key is not valid and Troubleshooting doesnt work. I contacted HP my computer is under 4 months old and Microsoft and keep getting the run around. Im not a Techie & my computer was PERFECT before this update. Now Im being told tgat I should purchase a new product key ir a Recovery usb and I dont have money. We are still dealing with COVID19 and I use my computer to work at home. I had to call off Thursday 6/25/2020 and Today Friday 6/26/2020 Who do I need to sue? Somebody owes me a Brand nrw computer as I played no part in this isdue with a faulty update. Between Microsoft & HP you owe me a computer because HP claims its not a warranty issue. Somebody better make me whole

:)

raichaunbrown, Jun 26, 2020

2. Outlook, Windows update screwed my computer

Hi Bennie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

• When you set up the account, did you create a local account or Microsoft account?
    • What is the exact error message you get when you try to login?

I suggest you to check if you have activated two step verification for your account. If yes, I suggest you to turn it off and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Also check if the Windows Update was successfully installed on your computer.

• Press Windows Key + I and click on Update and Security.
    • Under Windows Update tab, click on Advanced options
    • Click on View update history and check if the update is installed properly.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jun 26, 2020
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Recent Microsoft Update screwed up my Computer

microsoft updates screwed up my computer

Today 10/28/2016 Windows 10 Forced Updates just screwed up my computer again. This is three times now in recent history with the exact same problems as a result. What Microsoft has done to me again is forced an exaggerated panoramic view on every component
    within Windows, so that everything from all my desktop shortcuts to programs and video windows all now have extended panoramic width added to them, screwing everything up. So today I tried to roll Windows back to a previous restore point which it will not
    allow, nor will it allow me to successfully uninstall the new updates. So once again I am stuck with a screwed up computer.

I am going to go out today to an Apple Store, and buy a new computer as I will never again buy or own a Windows Based Computer ever again, even if my life depended upon it. Death before another Microsoft product ever again. At this point I would add a whole
    host of expletives telling Microsoft what they can go do with themselves, if they simply would not use that as an excuse to delete my post.

MSheffieldXG, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Recent Microsoft Update screwed up my Computer

1. Recent Microsoft Update screwed up my Computer - Similar Threads - Recent Microsoft Update

2. hey microsoft, WHY IS MY COMPUTER SCREWED UP!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hey microsoft, WHY IS MY COMPUTER SCREWED UP!?: for some reason, my computer software was messed up. the sign-in screen was messed up. and i even found out the file explorer is messed up too when i tryed to upload this snip! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MESS UP MY COIMPUTER!?...
  3. hey microsoft, WHY IS MY COMPUTER SCREWED UP!?

in Windows 10 Customization
    hey microsoft, WHY IS MY COMPUTER SCREWED UP!?: for some reason, my computer software was messed up. the sign-in screen was messed up. and i even found out the file explorer is messed up too when i tryed to upload this snip! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MESS UP MY COIMPUTER!?...
  4. hey microsoft, WHY IS MY COMPUTER SCREWED UP!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Update has screwed up my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update has screwed up my computer: The latest Windows Update kicked off yesterday evening. Now my computer will not boot. I don't think that the update ever even completed, but it is also in a position where it won't back out any changes either. All I see is that little circle of dots indicating that something...
  6. Update screwed up computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update screwed up computer: After this last forced update which I kept having to uninstall due to constant errors my computer is no longer operating properly. I cannot access the Start menu nor any setting menus. I cannot search any thing. I have tried constant reboots, restarting Windows Explorer....
  7. Windows 10 update screwed up my computer.

Windows 10 update screwed up my computer.: Here is proof: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-screwed-up-my-computer/e5b3362c-86f9-4742-8bd0-8b4f43dad2a1
  8. Update screwed my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update screwed my computer: Hi. Sorry. Second time posting with new information. Anyone knows what this script error is? (https://logincdn.msauth.net/16.000/content/js/ConvergedLoginPagunatedStrings.en_q3Zchj5ehH5oFalnPzrOkQ2.js) Recently got my system up and running but this error pops up. Startup...
  9. Microsoft tech 2 screwed up my computer!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft tech 2 screwed up my computer!: Microsoft tech 2 screwed up my computer! Now what do I do to get help! Everyone I talked to at Microsoft transfers me to someone else now! You erased my external hard drive with all my work on it stored. I have My case number to all of the work and to the original problem...
  10. update screwed my computer

update screwed my computer: just wondering how many peoples computers have been f'd off because of an update that apparently should not have been released. I personally think a class action suit against microsoft from everyone affected by this BS of the nth magnitude. Think that would wake up the...