Windows 10: Recent places missing

Discus and support Recent places missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi - there are various threads concerning this, but nothing has been done. My productivity has crashed with WIndows 10, and a lot is to do with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Iancbs, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Iancbs Win User

Recent places missing

Hi - there are various threads concerning this, but nothing has been done.

My productivity has crashed with WIndows 10, and a lot is to do with the file opening and saving. I can pin recent folders to the file open widow, which helps, but when saving files this can't be done.

I, and most people, tend to work ion the same place for a while, and I want to be able to go stright to the right place to save a file. At the moment every time it's about 10 clicks more than it used to be with Win 7.

It was always a given in CAD applications that every new release would REDUCE the number of clicks required for any given operation. This should be part of every uipdate for Windows. We are not at all concerned with how pretty it is, but we want minimum clicks for every operation. Given that today I have worked on 45 files relating to 5 customers, I want those places to come right at the top, so when I open or save, it's almost in the right place.

Productivity is king

This must be possible, as the recent folders link is still there in the "users" folder, but it should be there always.

Next upgrade please?

:)

Iancbs, Mar 2, 2020

2. Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 2, 2020
  3. EileenPM Win User
    recent places not working in Windows Explorer

These solution descriptions do not match the problem. The directory feature "Recent Places" just stopped working. I have no missing or corrupted files but this easy shortcut that lists recently used files just stopped working. "Recent Places" is listed
    but is now an empty folder. I can still find the files but it takes longer because I have to work through the folders of my document directory to find and open a recently used file again.

EileenPM, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Recent places missing

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Recent places missing

1. Recent places missing - Similar Threads - Recent places missing

2. lost Recent Places

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost Recent Places: Lost the Recent Places folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-recent-places/459225e6-8c26-4249-a98f-d3844ae163d5
  3. lost Recent Places

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost Recent Places: Lost the Recent Places folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-recent-places/459225e6-8c26-4249-a98f-d3844ae163d5
  4. After recent update of bios, temporary profile is in place

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    After recent update of bios, temporary profile is in place: After updating the bios, I can't seem to log back in my normal account. I have tried the method of going in to regedit and deleting one, but still it goes in preparing window and log ins without my old setting. I am able to access the account only in safemode. I would greatly...
  5. Recent places in Explorer doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent places in Explorer doesn't work.: Hiya, has had this issue for a couple of days now where I right click on the Explorer app on the taskbar and click a recently visited folder and nothing happens, there is no window popping up with the location. I have also looked through Brink's tutorial on the forums...
  6. Recent places when saving from any app is missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent places when saving from any app is missing: Hi, When I save a file in windows 8 i use to get at left site of explorer recent places, which was quite handy but in windows TP it is not showing it *Sad does anyone else noticed it ? I search on feedback and no one mentioned about it so I posted it. If you ave ny trick...
  7. Recent Places on File Explorer Always Empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Places on File Explorer Always Empty: Hello guys , i really don't know what to do. The recent places on file explorer alwyas empty and shows only the pinned folders , in notepad for example it do shows the "recent" Anyone know how to solve it? Thanks. 66036
  8. Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off 'Recent Items' and 'Frequent Places' in Jump Lists in Windows 10 Recent items is a list of the files that you have used or opened recently. These items are displayed as "Recent...
  9. Missing icons in 2 places for devices

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing icons in 2 places for devices: Never seen this before in other OS, just noticed when i hook up my external WD Ultra Passport no icon shows in Devices and Printers just square white icon, same happens in notification area under Safely Remove. Also in Devices and Printers my Epson Printer no longer shows as...
  10. Where are 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' in file explorer?: Much as I like Windows 10 (despite an unnecessarily difficult installation), I'm horrified to find that they have apparently abandoned the 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' folders - which I used constantly and had grown to love. Are they hiding them somewhere? Is there a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 recent places missing