Windows 10: Recent Places on File Explorer Always Empty

Discus and support Recent Places on File Explorer Always Empty in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys , i really don't know what to do. The recent places on file explorer alwyas empty and shows only the pinned folders , in notepad for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by elior99, Oct 5, 2016.

1. elior99 Win User

Recent Places on File Explorer Always Empty

Hello guys , i really don't know what to do.
    The recent places on file explorer alwyas empty and shows only the pinned folders , in notepad for example it do shows the "recent"
    Anyone know how to solve it?
    Thanks.

:)

elior99, Oct 5, 2016

2. RECENT PLACES IN FILE EXPLORER

Click Start > File Explorer > click Quick Access

There you will find your most recent files and locations.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 5, 2016
  3. RECENT PLACES IN FILE EXPLORER

OTOH, if you're looking for "Recent Places" (as in Windows 8), it's now called "Recent folders". To Pin Recent Folders to the Quick access menu, try this:

Right-click Start, click Run. type:

shell:::{22877a6d-37a1-461a-91b0-dbda5aaebc99}

Press ENTER. This opens "Recent Folders".

Click "Pin to Quick access" button in the ribbon.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 5, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Umm you probably changed your settings to not remember recent items.

bro67, Oct 5, 2016
  5. elior99 Win User
    Maybe , where i can changed it back?

elior99, Oct 5, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    Try Settings - Personalisation - Start. The last toggle in the list is 'Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar'.

Bree, Oct 5, 2016
  7. elior99 Win User
    It's on.
    "Recent folders" is also empty , don't know why.

elior99, Oct 5, 2016
  8. elior99 Win User

Ok , so i'm kind of understanding what happens.
    When the "Show Recently Files In Quick Access" is unchecked it doesn't shows the "recent" on file explorer.
    But when it's checked , it shows the folders but only if you're open some file on same folder.
    It should be like?
    Can't i leave it off and also have the recent folders?

elior99, Oct 5, 2016
  9. Bree New Member
    Yes, that's the way it's designed to work. If you want your folders to remain in Quick Access after you turn off 'Show frequently used folders In Quick Access' then you can pin them to Quick Access.

Bree, Oct 5, 2016
  10. elior99 Win User
    Thanks

elior99, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Recent Places on File Explorer Always Empty - Similar Threads - Recent Places File

2. lost Recent Places

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost Recent Places: Lost the Recent Places folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-recent-places/459225e6-8c26-4249-a98f-d3844ae163d5
  3. lost Recent Places

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost Recent Places: Lost the Recent Places folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-recent-places/459225e6-8c26-4249-a98f-d3844ae163d5
  4. Recent files is always zero

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent files is always zero: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vwev [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqsfzx/recent_files_is_always_zero/
  5. Recent files is always empty? I have it checked on the file option and start option but it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent files is always empty? I have it checked on the file option and start option but it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vwev [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mm4r82/recent_files_is_always_empty_i_have_it_checked_on/
  6. Recent places missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent places missing: Hi - there are various threads concerning this, but nothing has been done. My productivity has crashed with WIndows 10, and a lot is to do with the file opening and saving. I can pin recent folders to the file open widow, which helps, but when saving files this can't be...
  7. Recent places in Explorer doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent places in Explorer doesn't work.: Hiya, has had this issue for a couple of days now where I right click on the Explorer app on the taskbar and click a recently visited folder and nothing happens, there is no window popping up with the location. I have also looked through Brink's tutorial on the forums...
  8. Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List

in Windows 10 Support
    Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List: I've read almost all the threads related to this subject. I would like the right-click jump list on the file explorer icon in the taskbar to show a Recent Folders section. I don't want Frequent Folders. I don't want Recent Files I'm not trying to pin "Recent...
  9. File Explorer and Recent Files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer and Recent Files: At work, I'll open files on a network path that is only accessible at work, e.g. \\mywork.org\shares\file.xyz These files will appear in my recent list when opening File Explorer (Win+E). The problem I have is at home where that network path is not accessible, and the...
  10. Where are 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' in file explorer?: Much as I like Windows 10 (despite an unnecessarily difficult installation), I'm horrified to find that they have apparently abandoned the 'Favorites' and 'Recent places' folders - which I used constantly and had grown to love. Are they hiding them somewhere? Is there a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer recent files always empty