Windows 10: Recent Problem Opening Pictures with the Photos App

Discus and support Recent Problem Opening Pictures with the Photos App in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just a few days ago I started having issues where I would open an image with the Photos app and it would take a while to load and then would just give... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChariotRider94, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Recent Problem Opening Pictures with the Photos App

Just a few days ago I started having issues where I would open an image with the Photos app and it would take a while to load and then would just give me a black window. I try again, sometimes I get the same black window after a long load and other times the picture shows up but still after a long load. However, once the picture is visible I can freely scroll with the left and right arrow keys to other pictures with zero loading issues.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? I did recently do an optional update so that may have something to do with this. But I'd appreciate any help if someone knows how to solve this or any information about this issue.

Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/ChariotRider94
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ChariotRider94, Aug 6, 2020

2. Windows 10: Photos App is not working while opening pictures.

Hi Lowana,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if photo app is corrupt or there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to checked the issue by opening pictures present in the external USB drive?
    • Have you made any changes in the photo app prior to the issue?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter and also check if you are able to access photos app through search bar.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: I recommend you to check if you are able to access Photos app through search bar.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then check if you are able to open the app.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with opening pictures through photos app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can't open pictures

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are getting error when trying to open Pictures on your computer. I'll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the default application that is set to open pictures?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer?

It could be possible that the application set to open pictures is not working properly. If Photos app is set as the default application to open pictures, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Recent Problem Opening Pictures with the Photos App

Can not open jpeg photos with windows 10 (after deleted the pre-installed "Photos" app)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that if you delete photos app, the pictures that you like to access will open in Windows Photo viewer or the applications which supports the respective format. To open certain images with the apps that you prefer, you will have
    to customize it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below.

• Right click on the pic that you would like to view.
      • Click on Open With.
      • Click on Choose another app.
      • Choose the app accordingly.
      • Place a check mark on Always use this app to open.jpeg.
    I would also like to inform you that even .jpeg pictures can be open with paint application. To check whether the picture is .jpeg format. I suggest you to right click on the picture and click on properties.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Recent Problem Opening Pictures with the Photos App

1. Recent Problem Opening Pictures with the Photos App - Similar Threads - Recent Problem Opening

2. Problem with Pictures not Opening Pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Pictures not Opening Pictures: Problem with Pictures not Opening PicturesI have a iPhone 14 Pro Max that I used to take pictures while on a vacation. When I got hoe I created Folder and transferred those pictures .JPEG and HEIC to my Microsoft Surface Pro 7.When I trt to open a >JPEG file with Microsoft...
  3. photos app and pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app and pictures: Why is it that the photos app duplicates photos into the pictures files? who needs that? The problem is that you cannot move photos to the pictures file or make new folders or choose where you want your pictures to go as it used to be. And why in the world are there two...
  4. photos app and pictures

photos app and pictures: Why is it that the photos app duplicates photos into the pictures files? who needs that? The problem is that you cannot move photos to the pictures file or make new folders or choose where you want your pictures to go as it used to be. And why in the world are there two...
  5. Photos/Pictures Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos/Pictures Problem: I seemto have 2 separate locations for photos since getting a new pc with windows 10. If I wish to upload a photo to a website the "pictures"folder opens, but the picture required may be in "photos" Can I transfer all photos from "photos" to"pictures"? so all photo files...
  6. Problem opening photos and videos with Photos App

Problem opening photos and videos with Photos App: Want to use Photo Apps to trim videos. When I go to the .mp4 video file; right click; and select Open With .... Photos; the file won't open . I get a System Error -2147163901. Same result when I try to open a .jpg. When I double click on the .jpg file it opens up in...
  7. Problem with picture profile videos in the Photos app

Problem with picture profile videos in the Photos app: So when I want to open videos out of my photos gallery that were shot in a picture profile like HLG Hybrid Log Gamma, the colors and the brightness are messed up: The video is way too bright and the colors are completely over saturated. When I open the video with vlc or other...
  8. The Windows Photo App will not open a picture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Windows Photo App will not open a picture: I have just updated to ver 2004 and now the Windows Photo App will not open a picture. I can reset and repair it and it will open a picture. If I try to open another one, the app hangs. Need to know how to resolve....
  9. opening pictures with closen apps photo viewers

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening pictures with closen apps photo viewers: Hi there, I have an issue here. When i dubble klick on a photo jpg, normaly an app activates photo viewer and you can view the photo. But here i only get the popup screen to choose your app before the photo will displayed When i choose the app i want, and saving it,...
  10. Problems with Photos app in Pictures folder

Problems with Photos app in Pictures folder: The first problem is, w hen I try to open a file in This PC > Pictures, I get this error message [ATTACH] The error does not occur if I go to Owner > Pictures instead of This PC > Pictures, or if I am already in This PC > Pictures and I click on the folder again, then open...