Windows 10: Recent problem with icons of PWAs and UWP apps

Discus and support Recent problem with icons of PWAs and UWP apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In a last few days icons of PWAs in start are blank, there are some duplicated apps, and UWP apps icons are blank too. When I create desktop shortcut,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/miki_patak, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Recent problem with icons of PWAs and UWP apps

In a last few days icons of PWAs in start are blank, there are some duplicated apps, and UWP apps icons are blank too. When I create desktop shortcut, icons for those apps have some kind of padding and accent color behind them. I create PWAs in Microsoft Edge, which is fully updated at the moment. I've tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc /scannow. It didn't help. Windows 10 Pro 20H2 fully updated, activated, malware free.

submitted by /u/miki_patak
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/miki_patak, Jan 29, 2021
  2. matt1111# Win User

"PWA" auto-generated app icon on windows store, why?

I submitted my app to the store, uploaded all the graphic assets included the 2 icons .png of suggested sizes,

but on the windows store now the app doesn't show the official icon, has a "PWA" auto generated title instead.

why is that? can i show the app icon without resending the app?

matt1111#, Jan 29, 2021
  3. How to Install PWA on Lumia510 with Win10?

Hello,

I was very excited to know the developments that MS is doing with PWA. I have a Nokia Lumia 510 with Windows 10 installed on it. And just about when I was thinking to get rid of it, there seems a doorway.

So primary questions are as follows:

1. How to install a PWA on the Nokia Lumia 510 running on Windows 10?

2. Are MS PWAs different from MS UWPs?

3. Are MS PWAs different from Google PWAs? Other than framework that it is built in.

4. How to deploy a MS PWA so it is available across devices and OSs?

Thanks,

A

Aneri Ghosh, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Recent problem with icons of PWAs and UWP apps

UWP app icons in Windows 10 build 14316 are corrupt

Pic: Screenshot - e3291153f0df01ad3d2174770a3e7379 - Gyazo

As you can see, the Win32 app icons are completely fine, but all of the UWP app icons are corrupted. They almost appear as if they're running in some sort of safe mode.

Any suggestions?

sadisticpotato, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Recent problem with icons of PWAs and UWP apps

1. Recent problem with icons of PWAs and UWP apps - Similar Threads - Recent problem icons

2. UWP Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP Problem: è da novembre che Armoury crate viene sospeso nel task manager mi esce un icona UWP. avevo quest'app installata anche prima e non aveva mai dato problemi. ho formattato il pc e reinstallato windows 11 in modo pulito ma niente.Ho provato a seguire una guida UWP Suspending...
  3. UWP apps icon disappearing when searching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP apps icon disappearing when searching: Hello, I had a problem with my search icons for UWP apps, and now I finally found a way to resolve it!You would know I had this problem a long time ago, but I needed to create a new user account, and I didn't want to. Here is the post.To resolve it, you must follow these...
  4. UWP apps icon disappearing when searching

in Windows 10 Customization
    UWP apps icon disappearing when searching: Hello, I had a problem with my search icons for UWP apps, and now I finally found a way to resolve it!You would know I had this problem a long time ago, but I needed to create a new user account, and I didn't want to. Here is the post.To resolve it, you must follow these...
  5. UWP apps icon disappearing when searching

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Icons disappeared for UWP and Windows apps

in Cortana
    Icons disappeared for UWP and Windows apps: Hi there, I recently created a thread for the same: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icons-disappeared-for-uwp-and-windows-apps-in/1e6527f6-2ff7-4216-bfc2-3b4cc074ef50. However the issue seems to have transferred from one PC to another, yesterday it...
  7. Problem with reinstalling uwp apps after deleting uwp apps folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with reinstalling uwp apps after deleting uwp apps folder: Please keep in mind I don't want to reset at all costs.One day I corrupted the WindowsApps folder permissions and probably some other folders I don't know about right now, after many tries to fix it I decided to delete it, uninstall most uwp apps, and then try again. I didn't...
  8. Light theme UWP apps taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Light theme UWP apps taskbar icons: [IMG] Hey, is there any way how to manually change taskbar icons of UWP apps for the light theme? It seems like many UWP apps don't have built-in support for the light theme of Windows Shell and therefore the taskbar displays plated version when the user switches to light...
  9. Windows 10 icons missing for UWP apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 icons missing for UWP apps: This problem has been bugging me for months. Right now I don't really have the option to make a new user profile or reinstall due to some parts of my very janky setup, but UWP icons are just gone. This question seems to have the same problem as me. The weird thing is the...
  10. Problem reinstalling uwp apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem reinstalling uwp apps: Hello everyone, hope you can help me. I recently installed an SSD in my laptop. Before that, I had some Microsoft Store (non-default) apps installed in my HDD (on a secondary partition named DATA). After I cloned the OS from the HDD to the SSD and booted Windows from it I...