Windows 10: Recent trouble moving and copying.

Discus and support Recent trouble moving and copying. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As of a couple of weeks ago, I have been having trouble with files opening when I am trying to move or copy them. It doesn't happen every time, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StateofConfusion, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Recent trouble moving and copying.

As of a couple of weeks ago, I have been having trouble with files opening when I am trying to move or copy them. It doesn't happen every time, but keeps getting worse. I am using Windows 10 and I do have single click engaged, but this has not been a problem in the past. It is a cordless mouse. Could it be going bad?

:)

StateofConfusion, Aug 1, 2021

2. How to clear the 'move to' and 'copy to' lists

Is there a way to delete the list of folders in the 'Move to' and 'Copy to' lists? I use the menu shortcut keys a lot but the drop down list of suggestions is becoming unmanageable. I usually scroll to the bottom and 'Choose location'

BarbaraHungerford, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Brian2090 Win User
    How to clear the 'move to' and 'copy to' lists

Is there a way to shorten the list of folders in the 'Move to' and 'Copy to' actions of Explorer's ribbon menu?

I use the menu shortcut keys a lot but the drop down list of suggestions is becoming unmanageable.

I have to scroll to the very bottom and 'Choose location'. This has been asked before but not answered well.

The best suggestion I've found is at this SuperUser.com link. Clear them in the View-Options-Folder settings.

How to clear "Move To" and "Copy To" Explorer Tool Bar on WIndows 10

Brian2090, Aug 1, 2021
  4. klxdrt10 Win User

Recent trouble moving and copying.

Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles

Hi, *Shock

Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles. I've been using Terracopy to copy/move files for yrs with no problems; however it doesn't seem to work with W10.

The W10 copying function works but info presented is cattiwampus. For example I origionally copied 12,999 files & in 1999 folders. But when I copied them to a 2TB USB HD then copied them to W10, the number of files tribbled increased to 207,164files/folders16,805. I used WE > properties in all cases.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Seems strange if W10 is off the mark Win set 30 yr ago. Just think of the Kaos/Money if each city, town, etc used/changed the traffic lite std of Red, Yellow, Green to any color combo they wanted.

Regards,

klxdrt

klxdrt10, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

Recent trouble moving and copying.

1. Recent trouble moving and copying. - Similar Threads - Recent trouble moving

2. Move to and Copy to options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move to and Copy to options: I recently upgraded to Windows 11. A feature that I don't see which I used quite often in Windows 10 is the option to Move to or Copy to which used to be in the top ribbon. Can someone please tell me if it was removed or if I just don't know how to locate it?...
  3. trouble with the most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trouble with the most recent update: my audio on my laptop has stopped working after having installed the latest update for windows 11, and I am very confused as to why it is not working as I have also tried many, many solutions in order to fix it. I also cannot go back to the previous version either nor can I...
  4. trouble with the most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trouble with the most recent update: my audio on my laptop has stopped working after having installed the latest update for windows 11, and I am very confused as to why it is not working as I have also tried many, many solutions in order to fix it. I also cannot go back to the previous version either nor can I...
  5. Trouble Copying Boot Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble Copying Boot Files: @topgundcp I have the following situation: I am taking the HD out of an older laptop running Win10 version 21H1 and wish to clone it to a newer HD to put into a newer Laptop. I have successfully cloned the drive using AOMEI Backupper but the drive fails to be recognized in...
  6. copy move files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy move files: Hi I am a photographer and on Windows 10 I manually copy images to backup all the time.... I want to copy files to backup and filter only by name & size and not by Date/Time... Because of Daylight Saving Time many times my backup files do not jive with the original files...
  7. Moving or Copying

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Moving or Copying: Sunday, December 6, 2020 Yesterday when I first went to copy a file to another location, when I clicked on the copy-folder icon, instead of seeing a tiny button appear to the lower right of the icon saying "choose location" I'm getting this 10" drop-down window which...
  8. Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles: Hi, *Shock Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles. I've been using Terracopy to copy/move files for yrs with no problems; however it doesn't seem to work with W10. The W10 copying function works but info presented is cattiwampus. For example I origionally copied 12,999 files...
  9. trouble with copy and paste

in Windows 10 Support
    trouble with copy and paste: Hi all, I have copied a calendar jpg using the snipping tool and have previously used edit - draw board and inserted an ellipse or circle to signify special dates. Today it won't work. C&P works everywhere else but no more on that jpg nor any other jpg's on my comp. I can...
  10. Copy to/Move To

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy to/Move To: Will the Copy To/Move To registry hack for Windows work with Windows 10? Add Copy To / Move To on Windows 7 or Vista Right-Click Menu 20557