Windows 10: Recent update(1903) has caused some weirdness

Discus and support Recent update(1903) has caused some weirdness in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello A recent update check has resulted in Windows 10 telling me I must renew my License key. I believe what has happened is the updater saw my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by gregyork88, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Recent update(1903) has caused some weirdness

Hello
    A recent update check has resulted in Windows 10 telling me I must renew my License key. I believe what has happened is the updater saw my College email as the email to use. This has resulted in an unintentional upgrade to Pro/Enterprise. I bought this machine used, and it had been factory reset using the resident files/utilities used for that purpose.
    So, how can I repair this? I downloaded a key finder and re-tried to insert that key in the appropriate place, the reply I receive from Windows says that I need to approach my company's update server to use that key. If the goof cant be reversed then I'll convert over to Ubuntu/Linux

Thanks all

:)

gregyork88, Nov 8, 2019

2. recent windows 1903 update

A recent update (1903) of Windows 10 caused the security essentials to not load. What's wrong?

2Confusing, Nov 8, 2019
  3. varxtis Win User
    Cannot update to 1903

O_O thats a lot of steps. Starting in a few mins. Quick question though:
    You list a set of instructions for "Windows 10 iso as an in place upgrade repair" with links, and then you included a box for "Routine troubleshooting steps" with 13 steps including links.

Which should I be following first?

PLEASE don't hate me for asking this as this just occurred to me. Should I try the update in Safe mode? I downloaded the MediaCreationTool 1903, but it wasn't successful in doing the update, nor was it successful in creating Usb install.

varxtis, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Recent update(1903) has caused some weirdness

Weird Noise after Anniversary Update

Hello John,

Let’s check what is causing that weird sound on your laptop.

Based on the link that you had provided, it seems that it’s either your CPU fan or Hard drive which is creating that sound.

If it’s the CPU fan, it might be an issue due to heavy processing, processor heating up or changes made during the update. If it’s your Hard drive, the issue might be with HDD performance. We suggest you to back up all your data to your external drive
    to prevent data loss.

Follow these steps to resolve your issue:

Step 1: Check your Task Manager

Close all applications and check in task manager for any high usage of resources by any process.

• Press Ctrl + Shift+ Esc together to open task manager.
    • Click on more details and check for any apps that is taking more resources.
    • Take note of any Applications that are taking High CPU usages and try to disable it if it’s not that important.
    Step 2: Start your computer in Safe Mode

Safe mode will start computer with basic drivers to check what might be causing the issue in normal functioning of computer. Check if the weird sounds are still happening.

Start computer in Safe Mode

Step 3: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter

• Press Windows + W, and type troubleshooting.
    • From the search list, click on troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane click on view all to get the list.
    • Click on hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.
    Hardware and device troubleshooter is an inbuilt troubleshooter that will find the issues with hardware devices and try to fix them automatically.

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Recent update(1903) has caused some weirdness

1. Recent update(1903) has caused some weirdness - Similar Threads - Recent update 1903

2. Recent update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent update caused BSOD: HelloFollowing the latest windows updates trying to load games caused BSOD. On the third try it seemed to corrupt the start up sequence. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-update-caused-bsod/c26ebfd4-f1ce-491a-8d07-b7b9da17a4e8
  3. Recent update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update caused BSOD: HelloFollowing the latest windows updates trying to load games caused BSOD. On the third try it seemed to corrupt the start up sequence. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-update-caused-bsod/c26ebfd4-f1ce-491a-8d07-b7b9da17a4e8
  4. Recent update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My windows has some weird issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My windows has some weird issues: Hey there ! My windows started acting all weird lately i can't open personalize or Display settings and when i try to open them a CMD window appears and then disappears really fast and i noticed that my security center is empty like this and it says that i don't have any...
  6. Recent weird optional updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent weird optional updates: So I decided to look into windows updates. And on the optional updates tab I found this Advanced Micro Devices Inc - System - 5.12.0.38 And another amd thing What are these and why did they pop up? submitted by /u/bstoica9904 [link] [comments]...
  7. Weird CPU % utilization post 1903 updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird CPU % utilization post 1903 updates: I am hoping this is a Windows thing and not some super clever trojan CPU miner, It seemed to start after the 1903 updates. So for no apparent reason or with any relationship to any particular running application my CPU% will creep up to about 60-70% which increases the CPU...
  8. recent windows 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recent windows 1903 update: A recent update (1903) of Windows 10 caused the security essentials to not load. What's wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-windows-1903-update/e58eb9b8-3982-477e-97dd-0d2cbc3980a1
  9. Is there a recent update that is causing chaos?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there a recent update that is causing chaos?: I'm seeing a lot of questions here that each have the same problems that I have been encountering. Im about to flip out. I cant tell if I'm being hacked or is it the new additions"features " aka updates. Everything is going haywire. And there is a lot of extra I haven't...
  10. Recent update has bugs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent update has bugs: I'm using Windows 10 1903 and installed the latest update recently. However, I found that there is two bugs in my system. First of all, my taskbar won't auto hide when I play video from my browsers, or media player, after putting my laptop to sleep and wake it. Second, I have...