Windows 10: Recent update added narrow borders, coloured title bars

Discus and support Recent update added narrow borders, coloured title bars in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I've been using the Aerolite theme as soon as I discovered it, as I couldn't stand white windows overlaying white windows. So I didn't know MS has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dalchina, Sep 7, 2015.

1. dalchina New Member

Recent update added narrow borders, coloured title bars

Hi, I've been using the Aerolite theme as soon as I discovered it, as I couldn't stand white windows overlaying white windows. So I didn't know MS has added narrow borders and coloured title bars.

So if you've been using that theme- well, it seems it's not needed now.
    And my Filebox Extender icons added in the title bar now look normal again (they were kind of crushed together using the theme, and the pin was reduced to an outline).

Hmm, what next? Rounded corners? Transparency? Surely not...*Biggrin

:)

dalchina, Sep 7, 2015
  2. Thommo14 Win User

Windows 10 Photos app

Also noticed that in the screenshot you uploaded that the window title bar is red but the border colour looks like it's black.

In my version of Windows my borders would be red if the title bar was red. I've been wanting Microsoft to make available to users an option that would allow window colours to be configured like they are in your screenshot.

Are you using some sort of hack for this, or is this available natively in your insider preview?

Thanks.

Thommo14, Sep 7, 2015
  3. Latest Windows 10 Update Messed with my Windows' Appearances

After I updated my HP Notebook to the latest build of Windows 10 Home (version 1703, os build 15063.483), and I had immediately noticed something: all of my windows now have a thick border around them the same colour as my accent colour, the title bars
    are this colour, and so does my Start Menu. My cursor has also been changed, as the loading circle is now an hourglass, and the other pointers are different. The icons of the options in the top right of the windows (Minimize, Restore/Maximize, Close) are also
    different in that they are now smaller and thicker, kind of like how bolding works (ex. normal - X vs now - x). I don't really like this, as I had preferred the cleaner look of no borders and the grey title bars. I have fixed the cursor issue,
    by going into the "cursor appearance" part of the Control Panel, but I need help getting rid of the accent colour and borders on my windows. I have tried the "Settings>Personalization>Colour" and turning the "Show accent colour on the Title Bars" off, but
    that didn't do anything.

vinnies.memes, Sep 7, 2015
Thema:

Recent update added narrow borders, coloured title bars

1. Recent update added narrow borders, coloured title bars - Similar Threads - Recent update added

2. Change colour of File Explorer title bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change colour of File Explorer title bar?: I can change the colour of the start menu, taskbar, and program title bars as well as Internet Explorer title bar. However, the File Explorer bar remains grey. I have attached a screenshot to show my settings and results of the selections I chose. Custom - Dark - Light - Show...
  3. Is there no way to have no 1px border but have coloured title bars?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there no way to have no 1px border but have coloured title bars?: I hate this about Windows at the moment. Why do I have to choose between having an ugly 1px grey border around windows or an ugly white title bar on unselected windows when everything else is dark mode. It looks terrible. I don't see why they aren't separate options in...
  4. Title Bar Colours

in Windows 10 Customization
    Title Bar Colours: In Win7 I had title bars that were graded from one colour to another along the length. They started red at the left and gradually merged to be blue at the right. How do I do this in Win10?...
  5. Colour not appearing on Title Bars, WIndow Borders & Apps on Start Menu

Colour not appearing on Title Bars, WIndow Borders & Apps on Start Menu: So recently there was an update, and after the update my colors disappeared on the start menu. It was supposed to look like the picture shown in the preview[ATTACH] But it looks like this instead[ATTACH] I have tried changing to default themes, unclicking all possible...
  6. Title Bar Text / Buttons Colour Mismatch

Title Bar Text / Buttons Colour Mismatch: With certain accent colours (typically ones that are picked automatically based on the desktop background), I get the following problem in title bars: [img] Seems to only affect windows which have those buttons in the top-left corner. On programs without this, such as...
  7. Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders?

Change only the colour of the title bar or the window borders?: Is there a way of changing the colour of ONLY the title bars OR the window borders? In the latest update, they seem to have changed it so that both are changed together I usually have it blue but having this colour obscures the options to the top left and having it white...
  8. Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast

Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast: I have High Contrast enabled in Win10. The active title bar and borders are purple while the inactive title bar and border is dark blue. Can this be changed? 115988
  9. Title Bar Colours

Title Bar Colours: Hi everyone. After the latest update Microsoft have finally allowed different coloured title bars, however, inactive (out of focus) windows now automatically revert to a white title bar colour. I've been searching everywhere and found no way of changing this. Adjusting the...
  10. Transparent Borders BUG with the new 'Title Bars Colour' feature

in Windows 10 Support
    Transparent Borders BUG with the new 'Title Bars Colour' feature: Hi, Does anyone know how can I remove these transparent borders from the 'Notification' and 'Search' boxes? Before the latest Windows 10 build I used a method in order to put some colour on the title bars which was this one: EDIT: Aerolite Theme - Install in Windows...