Windows 10: Recent update broke audio output selection.

Discus and support Recent update broke audio output selection. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just a heads up for people who use multiple audio outputs. After recent update default audio selection does nothing and I need to reboot the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/snaut, May 18, 2020.

1. /u/snaut Win User

Recent update broke audio output selection.

Just a heads up for people who use multiple audio outputs.

After recent update default audio selection does nothing and I need to reboot the system each time I want to change audio output.

submitted by /u/snaut
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/snaut, May 18, 2020

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 18, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    HDMI audio output to Sony TV

Hi,

One possible reason why your HDMI audio output was not working due to outdated drivers. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to connect your computer to your TV?
    • Have you tried updating your HDMI audio driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, May 18, 2020
  4. Recent update broke audio output selection.

No audio output: Win 10 Pro

Hi Nelson,

We would like to know more about your concern regarding the audio output of your computer. Have you received any error messages? After checking the audio drivers on the
    Device Manager, have you updated the audio drivers on your computer?

I would suggest you to check again the Device Manager and follow the steps below:

• In the Control Panel, remove the given sound software
    • Remove also the sound driver of the computer in the Device Manager
    • Restart the computer
    • Open Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes
    • If there are no audio device that can be detected by the computer, you can update the chipset driver from the manufacturer's website.

Please keep us posted for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Recent update broke audio output selection.

1. Recent update broke audio output selection. - Similar Threads - Recent update broke

2. how to select the output audio speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to select the output audio speakers: windows Media Player suddenly plays through the laptop speakers rather then the Bose speakers. Last night twas fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-select-the-output-audio-speakers/0fe1ce0f-6271-44e7-b84f-6982ab11c8f4
  3. how to select the output audio speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to select the output audio speakers: windows Media Player suddenly plays through the laptop speakers rather then the Bose speakers. Last night twas fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-select-the-output-audio-speakers/0fe1ce0f-6271-44e7-b84f-6982ab11c8f4
  4. recent windows update recently 'broke' my gpu.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recent windows update recently 'broke' my gpu.: Ok, so today morning i did a restart for technical purposes and the next boot i noticed my color was desaturated and my gpu software said my gpu wasnt installed correctly, so i went to recovery mode and reverted the last update. and now here i am with yellow parts of my...
  5. Audio broke after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio broke after update: I updated a few days ago and after booting up a game the system crashed and showed me a blue screen. After looping back and forth between booting up the computer and going back to the blue screen it finally stopped after an attempt at repair. So Im at my desktop any...
  6. Recent update broke sound in headphones

Recent update broke sound in headphones: Hello, I updated win10 about an hour ago, but since the update, i am getting no sound from headphones at all, I am on asus rog 503vm, I tried to reinstall realtek drivers, when that did not work, i tried drivers form ASUS web page, for this model, didt work either, everything...
  7. Recent update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent update broke my computer: A week or so ago, I updated windows with the most recent update. The next day I turn it on to use it and it started up fine, got to the login screen fine but when I logged in my desktop was gone, all I had was the tool bar on the bottom. When I would scroll my mouse down to...
  8. Audio issue recently - DAC won't play audio - have to keep selecting output devices

Audio issue recently - DAC won't play audio - have to keep selecting output devices: Hello, The past 2 days (not sure if related to the Windows update on 11/8) I'm having trouble with my JDS Labs EL DAC. I use Voicemeter Potatoe to get two outputs simultaneously because I have studio monitors that I play through my Focusrite Scarlette and I have my...
  9. When Windows detects a new audio output device, it automatically selects it as the audio output

in Windows 10 Customization
    When Windows detects a new audio output device, it automatically selects it as the audio output: Hello, my issue lies with sound settings. Specifically, the fact that when a new audio output device is detected by Windows, it changes the system's audio output to the new device. However, this is irritating for me as I would rather do this myself as and when I need to....
  10. Recent update broke my laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent update broke my laptop?: So, I have an Acer Aspire F-15 laptop on Windows 10 that I use for everything. I've had no problems with it at all, and I don't download too many programs that I don't trust. So, the last time I used it, and proceeded to shut it down, it said it needed to update. I didn't...