Windows 10: Recent update broke my laptop?

Discus and support Recent update broke my laptop? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, I have an Acer Aspire F-15 laptop on Windows 10 that I use for everything. I've had no problems with it at all, and I don't download too many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TimeSweeperAdam, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Recent update broke my laptop?

So, I have an Acer Aspire F-15 laptop on Windows 10 that I use for everything. I've had no problems with it at all, and I don't download too many programs that I don't trust. So, the last time I used it, and proceeded to shut it down, it said it needed to update. I didn't think anything of it, it's a computer, updates are natural. But when I go to turn it on the next day, it shows the Acer logo for a brief moment, then displays a message simply reading "No Bootable Device" which after looking up, meant it could no longer see my SSD drive. I thought it would be a mechanical problem, but when talking to a much more technological savvy friend of mine, he informed me of a recent update that has been troublesome for many people for one reason or another. After talking to Microsoft tech support, all they said they could do is simply re-install the OS, which would completely wipe my laptop. In a couple of days I'll be taking it to my friend I mentioned before, but I'd like to know if anyone else has had this specific problem because if the update, and if you found a method if fixing it without wiping everything.

:)

TimeSweeperAdam, Mar 28, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Munki Win User
    laptop LCD not turning on..

Here is a tip is you cant fix it, make it noticeable that you broke it...step on it *Wink Recent update broke my laptop? ;) "Oh my gawd, did i step on your lil ol laptop, im terribly sorry" Then she has no choice but to buy a new one.

Munki, Mar 28, 2019
  4. Recent update broke my laptop?

laptop main monitor stop working with recent update

Hi Francisco,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Are you getting any error message or black/blue screen?
    • Which update was installed on your computer?

I suggest you to boot Windows low resolution mode and then update the Display drivers on the system.

Step 1: Boot the system in Low resolution mode.

To enter into Low resolution Mode in Windows 10, follow the steps given below.

• Click on Start icon and go to Settings.
    • Select Update and Security and click on Recovery.
    • Click on Advanced Startup.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Select Low resolution Mode from the list.

Step 2: Update the display drivers from the Device Manager.

I suggest you to update the display drivers on your computer and check if it helps. Refer the below steps to update the driver.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device Manager.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

Recent update broke my laptop?

1. Recent update broke my laptop? - Similar Threads - Recent update broke

2. recent windows 10 updates broke my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recent windows 10 updates broke my computer: got some optional updates recently and i guess they just totally ruined my computer. i went to restart my pc because taskbar functions weren't working and it gave me an error message when i tried to open settings. now it's trying to auto repair over and over again with no...
  3. recent windows 10 updates broke my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recent windows 10 updates broke my computer: got some optional updates recently and i guess they just totally ruined my computer. i went to restart my pc because taskbar functions weren't working and it gave me an error message when i tried to open settings. now it's trying to auto repair over and over again with no...
  4. recent windows 10 updates broke my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows update broke my laptop

windows update broke my laptop: Yea so title says it all. Updated windows , when I rebooted the laptop it says my pin is not valid anymore.When I click set up , a grey box pops up then immediately disappears, leaving me unable to set up pin, therefore locked out of my own laptop.I then uninstalling the...
  6. Windows update broke my laptop

Windows update broke my laptop: I have a Yoga 700 from Lenovo with Windows 10 and everything worked correctly yesterday, last thing I did was to update cummulative something and today I cannot shut down my pc, it gets stuck in a black screen and never shuts down, and networking is completely broken both...
  7. recent windows update recently 'broke' my gpu.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recent windows update recently 'broke' my gpu.: Ok, so today morning i did a restart for technical purposes and the next boot i noticed my color was desaturated and my gpu software said my gpu wasnt installed correctly, so i went to recovery mode and reverted the last update. and now here i am with yellow parts of my...
  8. Recent update broke sound in headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent update broke sound in headphones: Hello, I updated win10 about an hour ago, but since the update, i am getting no sound from headphones at all, I am on asus rog 503vm, I tried to reinstall realtek drivers, when that did not work, i tried drivers form ASUS web page, for this model, didt work either, everything...
  9. Windows recent update broke my whole system

Windows recent update broke my whole system: I updated to the newest 2004 version of windows and when it restarted there was just a black screen. I tried to do a system restore and had no luck, now my system is stuck on a infinite boot loop and won't even access the system restore, the only thing I can access is the...
  10. Recent update broke my computer

Recent update broke my computer: A week or so ago, I updated windows with the most recent update. The next day I turn it on to use it and it started up fine, got to the login screen fine but when I logged in my desktop was gone, all I had was the tool bar on the bottom. When I would scroll my mouse down to...