Windows 10: Recent update caused using Ethernet and software that uses it to stop responding whenever...

Discus and support Recent update caused using Ethernet and software that uses it to stop responding whenever... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As the title says, the recent update caused using Ethernet and software that uses it to stop responding whenever Mobile Hotspot via Wifi is turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BunnyMimi, Jun 15, 2022.

1. BunnyMimi Win User

Recent update caused using Ethernet and software that uses it to stop responding whenever...

As the title says, the recent update caused using Ethernet and software that uses it to stop responding whenever Mobile Hotspot via Wifi is turned on.Prior to the update I had always been able to use my desktop pc and use the Ethernet and software that uses it Browser and Discord etc. while also turning on Mobile Hotspot to use the unused WiFi to give signal to nearby devices. Now, whenever I turn it on, the Browsers will stop responding and/or connections get lost. I can already confirm that my computer is connected to Ethernet and not the WiFi it is out of reach anyways so the connection

:)

BunnyMimi, Jun 15, 2022

2. Lastest update caused Ethernet connection to stop working

Hi,

Based on your description, there’s a possibility that your Ethernet connection issue is related to the update that you recently installed. To further isolate your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • Which Windows update did you recently install?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly provide us a screenshot.

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Jun 15, 2022
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Recent update caused using Ethernet and software that uses it to stop responding whenever... [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Recent update caused using Ethernet and software that uses it to stop responding whenever... [​IMG]

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jun 15, 2022
  4. 3Colors Win User

Recent update caused using Ethernet and software that uses it to stop responding whenever...

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Recent update caused using Ethernet and software that uses it to stop responding whenever... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Recent update caused using Ethernet and software that uses it to stop responding whenever... - Similar Threads - Recent update caused

2. Keyboard has stopped responding after the recent windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard has stopped responding after the recent windows update: Keyboard has stopped responding with the recent windows update and I have tried to uninstall the keyboard driver and I have let the windows to reinstall during the new start, but still the issue persists , not sure how to proceed further on this and w.r.t. hardware I am not...
  3. dpc watchog violation whenever i use ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dpc watchog violation whenever i use ethernet: So ive been trying to use ethernet ever since but whenever i plug it in, after 5-10 minutes the laptop gives me dpc watchdog violation bsod which is kinda annoying, i have a clevo w170hn laptop, also whenever i try to use the camera or bluetooth via the keyboard shortcuts it...
  4. dpc watchog violation whenever i use ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dpc watchog violation whenever i use ethernet: So ive been trying to use ethernet ever since but whenever i plug it in, after 5-10 minutes the laptop gives me dpc watchdog violation bsod which is kinda annoying, i have a clevo w170hn laptop, also whenever i try to use the camera or bluetooth via the keyboard shortcuts it...
  5. dpc watchog violation whenever i use ethernet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Recent update caused using Ethernet and software that uses it to stop responding whenever...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update caused using Ethernet and software that uses it to stop responding whenever...: As the title says, the recent update caused using Ethernet and software that uses it to stop responding whenever Mobile Hotspot via Wifi is turned on.Prior to the update I had always been able to use my desktop pc and use the Ethernet and software that uses it Browser and...
  7. Recent update caused using Ethernet and software that uses it to stop responding whenever...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent update caused using Ethernet and software that uses it to stop responding whenever...: As the title says, the recent update caused using Ethernet and software that uses it to stop responding whenever Mobile Hotspot via Wifi is turned on.Prior to the update I had always been able to use my desktop pc and use the Ethernet and software that uses it Browser and...
  8. Stop software using libraries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop software using libraries: I hate libraries. They are only useful for simplistic desktops. I know how to redirect, display or not display in Explorer and so on, but the big issue, is that third party software keeps wanting to save in a library.Settings has an option to set the default save location but...
  9. Recently getting BSODs while using Emulator Software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recently getting BSODs while using Emulator Software: I recently encountered BSODs like CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and some other stuff while running Nox player and Bluestacks (both latest versions and official) on Win10 20H2 (up-to-date). Tried reinstalling both but didn't work. Hyper-V is disabled and no Virtualisation enabled. I'm...
  10. Assigning software to use Ethernet port or wifi.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Assigning software to use Ethernet port or wifi.: Im using a Win10 Pro B1803 64bit. My laptop has a Ethernet port and Wifi. the Ethernet port is connecting company's local working network and the Wifi is connecting to the company's wifi network for internet. Here is my question, is there any possible way that I can...