Windows 10: Recent update has blown up most of my apps

Discus and support Recent update has blown up most of my apps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A July 2020 update week of July 12-18 has destroyed the connection to most of my apps, including Office, Calendar, Mail, Paint 3D, MS Solitaire... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gayle1058, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Gayle1058 Win User

Recent update has blown up most of my apps

A July 2020 update week of July 12-18 has destroyed the connection to most of my apps, including Office, Calendar, Mail, Paint 3D, MS Solitaire Collection and others. All those icons in my Start menu are gone. Because the Windows 10 PC default has the Restore Point creation turned off why???, I can't go back to before the update. Microsoft Store won't even let me re-download Solitaire; it keeps sending me to Xbox Live version so of course when I click Get, it tells me my configuration is wrong. How do I recover my programs???

:)

Gayle1058, Jul 20, 2020
  2. froschy Win User

Ovi Store Most Recent - What's up with that?

Sorry if I was not clear, I do understand that the first application in the list on the mobile client is the promoted or "Featured" app but after this first application the others apps are sorted by "Most Recent". This list also matches the web client with
    the "Newest - oldest" sort order but interestingly there is no promoted app.

This doesn't explain why previously released applications are near the beginning of the list again. For example with my N97 Nokia Messaging is currently on the second page of the Mobile Client when I have the sort order as "Most Recent". As far as I know
    it hasn't been update in the last week. So why has it moved to near the beginning of the list in the last few days. All of the OffScreen apps have also moved to the start again and they appear to be the same versions, although this could be related to the
    fact that they were all available for free just a few weeks back and now most of them are US $1.99 (IMHO US $1 too much but that's a different thread).

Message Edited by on 07-Jan-2010 04:47 PM

froschy, Jul 20, 2020
  3. I did as they ordders, and now everything has blown up

Couple weeks ago, Window update assistant popped up and i updated Windows.

After update I couldn`t connect to the internet so i rolled back the update.(this happened years ago)

However update assistant bothered me and even update assistant diddn`t worked, so i try to contect support team.

I followed there instruction to update and roll back for few times.

And last time I tried to roll back. Just booting seen kept repeated.

They told me to use USB to solve it.

However after it all my old Window has gone and every single information and settings has just blown up.

How could this be possible? I even didn`t belived what happened.

But yes, every thing has blown up

SupportmenCrackWindow, Jul 20, 2020
  4. neptunen Win User

E51 no most recent contacts

Why on the E51 has it no most recent contacts list like almost every other phone. Having to search for your most commonly used numbers in the main contacts is a royal pain, for texting. It has groups, but thats hardly used more often than a recent lists.

neptunen, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Recent update has blown up most of my apps - Similar Threads - Recent update has

2. trouble with the most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trouble with the most recent update: my audio on my laptop has stopped working after having installed the latest update for windows 11, and I am very confused as to why it is not working as I have also tried many, many solutions in order to fix it. I also cannot go back to the previous version either nor can I...
  3. Most recent updates will not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most recent updates will not install: I am having no success in installing new updates on my Windows 10 computer. I have received various error messages that all ultimately result in BSoDs. I have tried clearing my SoftwareDistribution folder, all to no avail.The updates in question are the KB2267602, the...
  4. My PC has slowed to a crawl following the most recent update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has slowed to a crawl following the most recent update.: My PC updated with a cumulative patch on the 13th. Now, when my PC starts up, it slows down to a crawl for about twenty to thirty seconds before I'm even able to log in, and then for another minute roughly until my PC stabilizes into something normal. I installed a new...
  5. My PC has slowed to a crawl following the most recent update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC has slowed to a crawl following the most recent update.: My PC updated with a cumulative patch on the 13th. Now, when my PC starts up, it slows down to a crawl for about twenty to thirty seconds before I'm even able to log in, and then for another minute roughly until my PC stabilizes into something normal. I installed a new...
  6. Most Recent Update Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Most Recent Update Issue: Earlier today I had no problem accessing Microsoft products but after an update I cannot. The message received reads as follows: "WINWORD.EXE - Application Error The application was unable to start correctly0xc0000142. Click OK to close application." Please advise how I...
  7. Downloaded the most recent update...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloaded the most recent update...: And it did removed my profile picture, changed the color of my task bar... why would an update do this? It's not letting me change the color back either. submitted by /u/windyhollow102 [link] [comments]...
  8. Most recent updates

Most recent updates: How do I know I'm operating on updated version of Microsoft windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-recent-updates/88d75eee-19a0-4633-962f-17af33c3dab4
  9. The most recent update messed up my folders.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The most recent update messed up my folders.: submitted by /u/bitesizeboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0184w/the_most_recent_update_messed_up_my_folders/
  10. Most recent update

Most recent update: I am an "Insider" and have installed the latest update. All sorts of strange things have started to happen. Examples: 1. The audio out on my camera no longer works for conversations on Skype. 2, The voice recorder no longer works. 3, When I try to open Edge I receive the...