Windows 10: Recent update has broken USB Mic

Discus and support Recent update has broken USB Mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey there Computer updated to the most recent Windows 10 version last night, and now today none of my microphone devices are working properly. Sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesPenhallurick, May 1, 2019.

1. Recent update has broken USB Mic

Hey there

Computer updated to the most recent Windows 10 version last night, and now today none of my microphone devices are working properly. Sound works fine on my USB headset but the microphone is not being detected by anything, including Windows itself.

I've checked to make sure it's the default device, and raised the level of the mic volume to maximum. I've also checked to see if it works on my PS4 and sure enough the microphone works fine there.

:)

JamesPenhallurick, May 1, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, May 1, 2019
  3. windows problems with usb mic

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.

• Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.

• Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.

• A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Method 2: Disable and re-enable all the
    Universal Serial Bus controllers (USB) controllers.

The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, Click on
      Device Manager

• Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

• Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click
      Uninstall to remove it.

• Repeat the above step for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

• Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, May 1, 2019
  4. Page Hite Win User

Recent update has broken USB Mic

Windows 10 has USB mic grayed out in sound/recording

I have Samson C01U USB microphone. This mic worked perfectly with Windows 8.1. Upgraded to Windows 10 and I now have issues. Device Manager says the device is working properly. The Sound/Recording tab say the mic is ready, yet it is grayed out in the recording
    device list. Another USB mic (integrated with Webcam) works fine. Comments, suggestions, advice? Better yet, solution?

Page Hite, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Recent update has broken USB Mic

1. Recent update has broken USB Mic - Similar Threads - Recent update has

2. usb broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb broken: wont eject. tried to troubleshoot but i keep getting a error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-broken/d65fbb5f-4647-4b85-8e99-6567823f0b78
  3. usb broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb broken: wont eject. tried to troubleshoot but i keep getting a error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-broken/d65fbb5f-4647-4b85-8e99-6567823f0b78
  4. Broken Laptop after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broken Laptop after recent update: I got the recent update for Windows 10. After updating, I can no longer access my files as the folder would crash after I open it. My screen also keeps blinking and changes from cool tone to warm tone. As it blinks, it would refresh the taskbar. The windows startup menu is...
  5. Broken Mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken Mic: I am honestly so freaking frustrated at this point. I used to stream, so my mic worked fine a long while ago. I tried getting my mic to work recently and it refuses to work. Ive tried updating drivers, deleting and reinstalling, trying a different mic, and nothing works. I...
  6. Recent update has bugs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent update has bugs: I'm using Windows 10 1903 and installed the latest update recently. However, I found that there is two bugs in my system. First of all, my taskbar won't auto hide when I play video from my browsers, or media player, after putting my laptop to sleep and wake it. Second, I have...
  7. Broken mic?

in Cortana
    Broken mic?: My mic is broken and i go to settings to try to fix it but nothing works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-mic/6893abbc-e566-40df-93fb-9ddc7fa72b09"
  8. After Recent Windows Update In Built Mic has disappeared & in Toubleshooting area >...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Recent Windows Update In Built Mic has disappeared & in Toubleshooting area >...: After Recent Windows Update In Built Mic has disappeared & in Toubleshooting area > Hardware & Sound not Showing. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-recent-windows-update-in-built-mic-has/9685a2ac-2c1c-465a-83b0-59095e68d056
  9. USB mic

USB mic: I purchased a new USB mic and installed it on my PC. However, I received a message that my device is not compatible and I need to record using Desktop, PC, or iPad device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-mic/b0a6421f-029f-4b4d-a468-cec68b29be99
  10. USB Mic has distortion issues

USB Mic has distortion issues: I have a USB TONOR Condenser Microphone, like the one pictured here on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/TONOR-Microphone-Condenser-Recording-Podcasting/dp/B078W61ZYP/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1541652255&sr=8-5&keywords=tonor%2Bmic&th=1). This mic (and USB mics in general) was...