Windows 10: Recent update has bugs

Discus and support Recent update has bugs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 1903 and installed the latest update recently. However, I found that there is two bugs in my system. First of all, my taskbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chee wenglou, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Recent update has bugs

I'm using Windows 10 1903 and installed the latest update recently. However, I found that there is two bugs in my system. First of all, my taskbar won't auto hide when I play video from my browsers, or media player, after putting my laptop to sleep and wake it. Second, I have three inputs: default US keyboard, Sogou Pinyin, and MS Pinyin, now I can't see any input indicator from my task bar, it is very annoying me because I have to do extra works by clicking the language bar and switch again between Sogou Pinyin and MS Pinyin. Last time I just need to click the indicator and switch the input method only, please bring it back this feature.

:)

chee wenglou, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Windows 10 context menu bug after a recent update

Actually, that's not the complete picture. You won't find driver updates listed in the control panel, just software updates. My Control Panel shows...

Recent update has bugs [​IMG]

...for the drivers you also need to look in: Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Update history
    Worth checking, as a display driver update would be my prime suspect.

Recent update has bugs [​IMG]

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Recent update has bugs :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Recent update has bugs

Recently used items does not show after a recent Windows update

Hello Timothy,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

1) Did you make any recent changes to the computer?

2) Did you check if similar issues occur when logged in to the computer using a different user account?

3) Do you have any system restore point set prior to the issue?

To check if there is any Restore Point already created, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select System.

• In the left pane, click on System Protection.

• Select the option to system restore > next. It will show all restore points already created.

4) What is the particular Windows update you are referring to?

To do so, you need to check the settings through Windows update. Follow the below steps.
    • Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut Windows Key
      Recent update has bugs Windows_Key.png
      +
      I.
    • Click/tap Change PC settings.
    • Click on the Update and recovery and click on the View your update history.
    • You will now see a list of your installed Windows Updates. If you click on any one of the
      "Successfully installed on (date)" links

As an initial step towards troubleshooting, I suggest you to check if the 'recently used item' feature is hidden. If yes, uncheck the options. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on Taskbar and choose Properties.
    • Select the tab Start Menu.
    • Uncheck both the options for:

1) Store and display recently opened programs in the Start Menu

2) Store and display recently opened items in the Start Menu and the Task Bar
    • Also select a higher number recent items to display in Jump List

If the above does not apply, please follow the below suggested methods and check in case if it is a functionality issue in Windows.

Method 1

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Method 2

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Recent update has bugs

1. Recent update has bugs - Similar Threads - Recent update has

2. Snapping bug after recent updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snapping bug after recent updates?: After some recent updates on this machine and my Win11 I'm noticing the same behavior- If I snap a window to the left or right side of my screen, then move the mouse to the edge of the window, the cursor changes to resize horizontally, which is OK, but the window itself...
  3. Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.

in Cortana
    Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.: This bug happens within the search bar where only certain apps will go into the recent search history in the windows search bar. Also, there's this bug where on the top of the search bar it shows 5 moving dots constantly but the search bar works normally. I have done an...
  4. Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.: This bug happens within the search bar where only certain apps will go into the recent search history in the windows search bar. Also, there's this bug where on the top of the search bar it shows 5 moving dots constantly but the search bar works normally. I have done an...
  5. Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 11 recent update icons bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 recent update icons bug: I recently updated to Windows 11 and since then i can not see more the Settings icon in the taskbar.I still see it in Windows menu.I'm on a Lenovo Legion 7 16ACHg6....
  7. Windows 11 recent update icons bug

Windows 11 recent update icons bug: I recently updated to Windows 11 and since then i can not see more the Settings icon in the taskbar.I still see it in Windows menu.I'm on a Lenovo Legion 7 16ACHg6....
  8. Recently updated to Windows 11 and system is bugged!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently updated to Windows 11 and system is bugged!: Hi! So, I've recently upgraded to windows 11 using the iso method and my system is completely bugged out!As you can see in the picture, the taskbar is completely bugged! - All the buttons are not working- Taskbar style is still old- There's some old and new iconsShould I go...
  9. Recently updated to Windows 11 and system is bugged!

Recently updated to Windows 11 and system is bugged!: Hi! So, I've recently upgraded to windows 11 using the iso method and my system is completely bugged out!As you can see in the picture, the taskbar is completely bugged! - All the buttons are not working- Taskbar style is still old- There's some old and new iconsShould I go...
  10. recent Bugs and vulnerabilities

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recent Bugs and vulnerabilities: I saw the known issues for the current update but i also saw on twitter the link is right here.: https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-US/security-guidance/advisory/adv200005 and it has me very nervous after the last security flaw found a while back.I am holding off on...