Windows 10: Recent update has led to loss of network files on my desktop

Discus and support Recent update has led to loss of network files on my desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the last update of Windows 10 the network folders have disappeared from my desktop. The folders exist on my laptop and I am able to access them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DavidHarwood1, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Recent update has led to loss of network files on my desktop

After the last update of Windows 10 the network folders have disappeared from my desktop. The folders exist on my laptop
    and I am able to access them there, but all I have on the laptop network is a default migrated folder. Any idea where the others may have gone?

:)

DavidHarwood1, Sep 16, 2016

2. Windows10 Update 1709 has caused loss of desktop

Do the following at the sign in screen.

Press Control + Alt + Delete

Click Sign out

At the Sign In screen, hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen

Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart

Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced options

Click Go back to the previous version of Windows

Andre Da Costa, Sep 16, 2016
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Windows10 Update 1709 has caused loss of desktop

Take a look at these tips:

2017 10 20- MISSING APPS AFTER INSTALLING WINDOWS 10 FALL CREATORS UPDATE – FCU

https://betanews.com/2017/10/23/windows-10-fall...

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/app-icons-sta...

“YOU’VE BEEN SIGNED IN WITH A TEMPORARY PROFILE.”

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

This reply from MS has the following steps

1 Repair or Reset the missing apps

2 Uninstall and reinstall the missing apps

3 Re-register the missing apps using PowerShell –

4 Back out Windows Update

5 Perform Windows Reset

YOU’VE BEEN SIGNED IN WITH A TEMPORARY PROFILE IN WINDOWS 10

2 versions of the same tip. Use the one you find easiest to follow.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/48012-fix-y...

https://www.kapilarya.com/youve-been-signed-in-...

A reg hack to point the temp profile at your permanent profile so you don’t lose files that are saved to the temp profile.

Rohn007, Sep 16, 2016
Thema:

Recent update has led to loss of network files on my desktop

1. Recent update has led to loss of network files on my desktop - Similar Threads - Recent update has

2. file loss

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file loss: so today I updated my pc to the latest version of Windows 10 (1809) I finish the update and all and then I try to login to my pc but when I enter my password it will show me a blue screen saying that there is an error i try a couple more times but I can't access my pc so I...
  3. Recent update has broken USB Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recent update has broken USB Mic: Hey there Computer updated to the most recent Windows 10 version last night, and now today none of my microphone devices are working properly. Sound works fine on my USB headset but the microphone is not being detected by anything, including Windows itself. I've checked...
  4. Loss of desktop and much more!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loss of desktop and much more!: I have a problem with desktop and functioning of program windows. This occurred just over a week (or so) ago. Since then I have been able to upgrade to 1809 but that made no difference to the problems - I had the near windows 7 style desktop but this has disappeared and...
  5. Loss of tles/icons on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loss of tles/icons on my desktop: When I switch on my pc my desktop appears with all tiles/icons on the screen and after only 1 or 2 seconds the screen dims and the tiles/icons all disappear and do not return. This means that I am unable to access my printer to do scans. This problem does not affect the...
  6. A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working: A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-recent-windows-update-has-stopped-my-dvd-from/29a798a0-d10b-474b-b3e7-c19a7ebf4252
  7. Has the start menu changed in a recent update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has the start menu changed in a recent update?: Hiya guys, I've just done a fresh install of Windows 10 on a new build. I noticed there are a couple of bits I can't seem to get back to how they were before, last time it was the free upgrade from win7, this time it was a clean install via windows 10 media creation tool....
  8. Wired home network has collapsed after recent Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired home network has collapsed after recent Win 10 update: For a long time I have had a very stable wired network of four PCs (and a fifth if I choose to add it) until the recent Win 10 update. Suddenly my network and workgroup have collapsed. One exception is my wife's PC, which I can see from my main office PC and, because a...
  9. Mobile notifications are not shown recently in my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Mobile notifications are not shown recently in my desktop: I don't receive any notification from my Lumia 650 to my desktop. Both are running windows 10 and i was receiving notifications. Around one month, i am not getting any notifications. Please help to fix it 106917
  10. Loss of Desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Loss of Desktop shortcuts: I'm running Windows 10 Professional WinVer 1607 and use Classic Shell. Some time ago I added the folder called Desktop (which contained all my Desktop shortcuts) to my "My Drive" folder. When I recently deleted it from there, all my desktop shortcuts bar two disappeared. I...