Windows 10: Recent update has led to loss of network files on my desktop

Discus and support Recent update has led to loss of network files on my desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the last update of Windows 10 the network folders have disappeared from my desktop. The folders exist on my laptop and I am able to access them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DavidHarwood1, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Recent update has led to loss of network files on my desktop

After the last update of Windows 10 the network folders have disappeared from my desktop. The folders exist on my laptop
    and I am able to access them there, but all I have on the laptop network is a default migrated folder. Any idea where the others may have gone?

:)

DavidHarwood1, Sep 16, 2016

2. Windows10 Update 1709 has caused loss of desktop

Do the following at the sign in screen.

Press Control + Alt + Delete

Click Sign out

At the Sign In screen, hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen

Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart

Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears

Click Troubleshoot

Click Advanced options

Click Go back to the previous version of Windows

Andre Da Costa, Sep 16, 2016
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Windows10 Update 1709 has caused loss of desktop

Take a look at these tips:

2017 10 20- MISSING APPS AFTER INSTALLING WINDOWS 10 FALL CREATORS UPDATE – FCU

https://betanews.com/2017/10/23/windows-10-fall...

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/app-icons-sta...

“YOU’VE BEEN SIGNED IN WITH A TEMPORARY PROFILE.”

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

This reply from MS has the following steps

1 Repair or Reset the missing apps

2 Uninstall and reinstall the missing apps

3 Re-register the missing apps using PowerShell –

4 Back out Windows Update

5 Perform Windows Reset

YOU’VE BEEN SIGNED IN WITH A TEMPORARY PROFILE IN WINDOWS 10

2 versions of the same tip. Use the one you find easiest to follow.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/48012-fix-y...

https://www.kapilarya.com/youve-been-signed-in-...

A reg hack to point the temp profile at your permanent profile so you don’t lose files that are saved to the temp profile.

Rohn007, Sep 16, 2016
Thema:

Recent update has led to loss of network files on my desktop

1. Recent update has led to loss of network files on my desktop - Similar Threads - Recent update has

2. Loss of Networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of Networking: My PC is less than 2 months old and I have been losing networking. It is connected to my router by WI-FI and I do not lose internet ability in any way. My HP laptop is normally seen by the other devices connected to the router some Wi-Fi some direct connected. Every so...
  3. Loss of Networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of Networking: My PC is less than 2 months old and I have been losing networking. It is connected to my router by WI-FI and I do not lose internet ability in any way. My HP laptop is normally seen by the other devices connected to the router some Wi-Fi some direct connected. Every so...
  4. Random Loss of Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Loss of Network: Hello, I hope somebody can help me with this very strange issue with one laptop running Windows 11.Randomly, though about 10-15 times a day it will lose connection to the server. The WiFi is still showing as connected but it will no longer be able to access any mapped drives...
  5. Random Loss of Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Loss of Network: Hello, I hope somebody can help me with this very strange issue with one laptop running Windows 11.Randomly, though about 10-15 times a day it will lose connection to the server. The WiFi is still showing as connected but it will no longer be able to access any mapped drives...
  6. Loss use of my external monitor due to recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loss use of my external monitor due to recent updates: I have recenlty updated my Dell Xps 13 9300 and now have lost the use of my external monitor using usb-c to hdmi adapter. Have spoke to a few different Microsoft consultants and have had know luck in resolving the issue. I guess ill have to switch back to apple...
  7. Recent Windows update keeps resetting my desktop and files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent Windows update keeps resetting my desktop and files.: I recently had windows update my laptop and now every time it does a new update it resets pretty much everything. From my desktop to files to settings to erasing photos. I don't understand why because windows updates have never down this before....
  8. Network Loss

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Loss: Win 10 Home was just installed on the church computer and the 5G network does not show up. Two 2.4G networks show up and connect. Control Panel does not show the 5G, just all 2.4Gs. The 5G network is active and connects to other computers, also my cell phone connects. How do...
  9. Loss of Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loss of Desktop: When I turn my computer on, I can no longer see my desktop. I used to be able to have my emails open in a reduced size screen with my desktop visible to one side. I can still open my emails but only with a full screen option. My desktop no longer appears as a number of icons....
  10. Loss of tles/icons on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loss of tles/icons on my desktop: When I switch on my pc my desktop appears with all tiles/icons on the screen and after only 1 or 2 seconds the screen dims and the tiles/icons all disappear and do not return. This means that I am unable to access my printer to do scans. This problem does not affect the...