Windows 10: Recent update have destroyed my system, voiding memory and eliminating my pro

Discus and support Recent update have destroyed my system, voiding memory and eliminating my pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how does one receive a 2019 oem product key on a computer that was bought and originally set up in 2018? Microsoft has recently aided me in accessing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by poeghost, Oct 6, 2019.

1. poeghost Win User

Recent update have destroyed my system, voiding memory and eliminating my pro

how does one receive a 2019 oem product key on a computer that was bought and originally set up in 2018? Microsoft has recently aided me in accessing files using gpedit which they are now telling me isnt a part of the home version i have but claimed the oem product was accurate, yet it displays as a 2019 key, this was set up in 2018... did i have a future key? am i from the future? where di gpedit go, why do i now have different removable and irremovable apps? what happened to the block we had just put on updates, when clearly a 2 am monday? an update was received that created a restore point then proceeded to blackscreen my computer leaving over 70 gb unaccounted for and the only solution to reinstall what is now a home version? After an attempt to restore or retrieve the original key I told i now have to buy an upgrade to option i already had on a computer that functioned until a force 2019 update last month, was fixed, and supposed to be protected from further microsoft encroachment, at least until 2 am monday, when all hell was unleashed on my system and now its a faint shadow, and i need gpedit to swiftly destroy the spy and use up my memory and processor hierarchy windows insists on using to mine data and worse? I want my xp back, i want that computer back after it was destroyed by microsofts forced window10 on xp users. This company is terrible and I for one am tired if its blatant lies. How's lunix these days? What are my options for alternate systems? or did their lawsuit inducing behavior supposedly remedied in the early 2000's never really a solution for these kinds of repeated actions? The reinstall partition record showed both my xp virtual machine and the restores from the original, now microsoft wants to get their paws on the machine , to finish the job? Ideas? Alternates? Agree?

:)

poeghost, Oct 6, 2019

2. System Reserved Memory issue

Hi Rowan,

The reduction in available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:

• The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices
    • The ability of the motherboard to handle memory
    • The system BIOS version and settings
    • The version of Windows 10 that is installed
    • Other system settings

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest that you check your system for memory problems.

Here's how:

• Type mdsched.exe in the search bar and select the best match.
    • When prompted by the User Account Control, enter an admin user name and password, and click
      Yes.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run it.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Memory issues

Thank you for updating us. We suggest that you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool, this is to check your system for memory problems. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and type memory in the search bar.
    • Click on Diagnose computer memory problems to open it.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Recent update have destroyed my system, voiding memory and eliminating my pro

Recently used items does not show after a recent Windows update

Hello Timothy,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

1) Did you make any recent changes to the computer?

2) Did you check if similar issues occur when logged in to the computer using a different user account?

3) Do you have any system restore point set prior to the issue?

To check if there is any Restore Point already created, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select System.

• In the left pane, click on System Protection.

• Select the option to system restore > next. It will show all restore points already created.

4) What is the particular Windows update you are referring to?

To do so, you need to check the settings through Windows update. Follow the below steps.
    • Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut Windows Key
      Recent update have destroyed my system, voiding memory and eliminating my pro Windows_Key.png
      +
      I.
    • Click/tap Change PC settings.
    • Click on the Update and recovery and click on the View your update history.
    • You will now see a list of your installed Windows Updates. If you click on any one of the
      "Successfully installed on (date)" links

As an initial step towards troubleshooting, I suggest you to check if the 'recently used item' feature is hidden. If yes, uncheck the options. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on Taskbar and choose Properties.
    • Select the tab Start Menu.
    • Uncheck both the options for:

1) Store and display recently opened programs in the Start Menu

2) Store and display recently opened items in the Start Menu and the Task Bar
    • Also select a higher number recent items to display in Jump List

If the above does not apply, please follow the below suggested methods and check in case if it is a functionality issue in Windows.

Method 1

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Method 2

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Recent update have destroyed my system, voiding memory and eliminating my pro

1. Recent update have destroyed my system, voiding memory and eliminating my pro - Similar Threads - Recent update destroyed

2. Windows updates destroyed my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates destroyed my pc: When i updated windows my pc constantly crashed and now it won't even start before recent updates no problems but now it's destroyed i dont even know what to do my pc isn't even that old and its not like i have the money to buy a new pc what can i do...
  3. Have recently acquired s.yimg on my system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have recently acquired s.yimg on my system.: I have noticed it on the bottom my page when opening a website in Firefox and Chrome. I run Windows 7 pro. Avast and malwarebytes premium both have failed to identify it so I am unable to get rid of it. I cannot get Task Manager to work for a long time, since Windows 10, I...
  4. Have recently acquired s.yimg on my system.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have recently acquired s.yimg on my system.: I have noticed it on the bottom my page when opening a website in Firefox and Chrome. I run Windows 7 pro. Avast and malwarebytes premium both have failed to identify it so I am unable to get rid of it. I cannot get Task Manager to work for a long time, since Windows 10, I...
  5. Windows Update destroys memory management

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update destroys memory management: Whenever Windows tries to check for updates, the term "Memory Management" is no longer a thing. I am a bit of a programmer and I am involved in software and hardware stuff, and I am one of those people who absolutely hate un-optimization and Windows is no exception. Windows...
  6. Recent update destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent update destroyed my computer: The most recent windows update has caused my windows to deactivate, cause my task bar, start up and search to stop working entirely. My recovery save is gone, I can not rollback to my previous windows update. I can't open up any up any thing other then settings and chrome. On...
  7. The new update destroyed my drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The new update destroyed my drivers: 2nd monitor not working, sound driver not working h el p submitted by /u/FrankoTheThird [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/md3ipl/the_new_update_destroyed_my_drivers/
  8. Microsoft update system has destroyed my computer completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft update system has destroyed my computer completely: Windows live update September-october 2020 drivers update and install failure with the 2004 version win 10 pro I had done the media creation took process and every other process thats been listed to sort it. I also had the nvidia geforce gtx970 vga card device drivers...
  9. Microsoft forced update destroyed my system.

Microsoft forced update destroyed my system.: A forced Microsoft update process, underway today without my knowledge when I shut down my up-til-then perfectly functioning Windows 10 tablet, has completely destroyed the Windows bootup. Automatic Recovery cannot fix it. There is no system restore point. The system is...
  10. Windows update destroyed my laptop.

Windows update destroyed my laptop.: So last night I got a message that I needed to update. I clicked to update and the whole screen went black. Nothing works. If I turn it on there are 8 beeps. I'm afraid that as far as I'm concerned, if company's product breaks something, I expect them to fix or replace....