Windows 10: RECENT UPDATE KB4535996 FRIED MY ROSEWILL WIRELESS ADAPTER

Discus and support RECENT UPDATE KB4535996 FRIED MY ROSEWILL WIRELESS ADAPTER in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; YES, I A M YELLING. IT'S BAD ENOUGH SINCE I INSTALLED WINDOWS 10 1903 BUILD AND STARTED UPDATING MY 5000 DOLLAR DESKTOP IS RUNNING SLOW AS ****, AND... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YELLSALOTT, Mar 2, 2020.

1. RECENT UPDATE KB4535996 FRIED MY ROSEWILL WIRELESS ADAPTER

YES, I A M YELLING.

IT'S BAD ENOUGH SINCE I INSTALLED WINDOWS 10 1903 BUILD AND STARTED UPDATING MY 5000 DOLLAR DESKTOP IS RUNNING SLOW AS ****, AND 4 OR 5 TIMES A DAY, THE WIRELESS JUST DISCONNECTS AND I HAVE TO RECONNECT ALL OF MY WIRELESS ADAPTERS AND EVEN THOUGH I'M LOGGED ON AS THE ADMINISTRATOR, I GET TOLD I DON'T HAVE SUFFICIENT PRIVILEGES TO BRIDGE THEM............................

SO TODAY, I MADE THE MISTAKE OF DOWNLOADING THE ABOVE LISTED UPDATE FROM MICROSOFT DIRECTLY, AND NOT ONLY DID IT FAIL..........

IT FRIED, AS IN IT NO LONGER POWERS UP, MY NEW, LESS THAN 2 MONTHS OLD ROSEWILL DUALBAND WIRELESS ADAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M BACK IN SCHOOL NOW, IN COLLEGE, AND A SUBSTANDARD OS IS BAD ENOUGH, BUT WHEN YOUR DAMNED UPDATES START FRYING COMPONENTS I HAVE ATTACHED TO MY PC........................................

I'M F***ING DONE WITH WINDOWS.

AND BEFORE YOU ASK, YES, I HAVE TRIED ALL OF THE **** COOKIE CUTTER OPTIONS TO FIX WHAT I NOW BELIEVE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN DAMNED SPYWARE. AND YES, I'VE TRIED SYSTEM RESTORE, WITH ALL THE **** UPDATES THAT HAVE MESSED MY SYSTEM UP, IT NEVER COMPLETES, IT JUST SAY RESTARTING, AND NEVER DOES.

RIGHT NOW, I'M BEING FORCED TO USE MY ANDROID TABLET TO TETHER IT TO MY PC FOR AN INTERNET CONNECTION.

AND NO, RUNNING AN ETHERNET TO MY PC IS NOT AN OPTION AT THIS TIME.

I'M GOING TO TRY TO USE MY COPY OF WINDOWS 7, BUT I HAVE A FEELING MY NEW ADAPTER IS FREAKING TOASTED NOW.

SCREW YOU MICROSOFT....I'M BUYING LINUX NEXT MONTH, AFTER 21 YEARS OF DEALING WITH THE HALF **** OPERATING SYSTEMS YOU'VE PUT OUT...............I'M DONE...............LOST ANOTHER CUSTOMER, DO YOU EVEN CARE?

:)

YELLSALOTT, Mar 2, 2020

2. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 2, 2020
  3. wireless display adapter firmware update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better understand the query, please answer the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of the wireless adapter?

2. Are you referring to updating the Wireless display adapter?

If so, I would suggest you to visit the manufacturer's website and check if there are any updates available.

However, you can try the steps below and check if you are able to update it manually from the computer.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. If the wireless display adapter is listed, expand it.

4. Right click on the driver and check for updates.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

RECENT UPDATE KB4535996 FRIED MY ROSEWILL WIRELESS ADAPTER

Display problems with the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter

Hi,

It is possible that you are experiencing an audio and video streaming issues due to a corrupted or an outdated display driver. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Could you tell us the exact error message you received?
    • Have you tried updating your display drivers?
    • Does this happen only when you're streaming a video?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot Wireless Display Adapters. You may expand each section that best describes your situation and check if the issue still persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

RECENT UPDATE KB4535996 FRIED MY ROSEWILL WIRELESS ADAPTER

1. RECENT UPDATE KB4535996 FRIED MY ROSEWILL WIRELESS ADAPTER - Similar Threads - RECENT UPDATE KB4535996

2. Bluetooth Adapter Fried

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Adapter Fried: I was using my Apple AirPods with my computer and listening music through them using bluetooth and then I walked downstairs. As expected the bluetooth connection got weaker as I went downstairs and the music started cutting out. I'm usually downstairs a few minutes at a time...
  3. Update KB4535996 1903 bricked my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update KB4535996 1903 bricked my computer: I had automatic updates turned off, but Windows started updating anyways in the middle of the night and then I got a blue screen of death. After using my recovery USB to finally get it booted up again, it froze and crashed. Now, disk check keeps getting stuck at 3% and the...
  4. Uninstall Cumulative Update KB4535996

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall Cumulative Update KB4535996: Hi , As I was having very slow boot times 10-12minutes to boot to Desktop after installing CU KB4535996, I uninstalled it, and boot time improved to 4 Minutes, but this caused other issues with the PC, so I re-installed KB 4535996 again. Back to 10-12Minute slow boot I...
  5. KB4535996 Update

KB4535996 Update: Was reading that this update is killing computers . Is this correct info and if so how to stop it? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb4535996-update/5e79e61d-ae56-4132-b864-4e3f462f062f
  6. Update KB4535996

Update KB4535996: This update messed up my computer big time. After days and hours spent exhausting and trying everything to sort out the mess I finally gave up. I found it was impossible for me to get of the Blue Window of Death loop. Eventually I had to take my computer to a Tech Shop...
  7. windows 10 update kb4535966 fried my rosewill wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 update kb4535966 fried my rosewill wireless adapter: THE MOST RECENT UPDATE KB4535966 FAILED TO INSTALL AND WHILE IT WAS FAILING, IT KEPT TURNING MY ROSEWILL DUAL BAND WIRELESS USB ADAPTER ON AND OFF, OVER AND OVER. I COULD HEAR THE COMPUTER MAKE THOSE TONES WHEN THINGS ARE DISCONNECTED AND RECONNECTED. I WATCHED THE GREEN...
  8. windows update kb4535996

windows update kb4535996: Does windows 10 kb4535996 replace kb4524244 and kb4532693? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-kb4535996/9eb7c7d7-6fac-4222-a6a7-c640aa626385
  9. Recent Update Messed with my Wireless Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recent Update Messed with my Wireless Adapter: I recently installed the new Windows 10 update on Feb 5th. Everything was fine until I realized my computers Wireless Adapter started acting funky towards a very specific wifi connection. I use a Personal Hotspot off of an iPhone 6 to play games because our house wifi is...
  10. My recently bought wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My recently bought wireless adapter: Hi, I have recently ordered an Edimax EW-7822ULC wireless adapter but i'm having problems with it: When i plugged this in my pc and installed the driver, it wasn't able to connect to the internet. When i viewed it's propieties,at the device status,it said "Windows is...
Tags: