Windows 10: Recent Update Killed My Laptop

Discus and support Recent Update Killed My Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, As with many other, the recent update has killed my laptop with Windows updated recently. Here is all I get after the update: I start my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JBobTommy78, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Recent Update Killed My Laptop

Hello,

As with many other, the recent update has killed my laptop with Windows updated recently. Here is all I get after the update:

I start my computer up. I get the black screen with the spinning circle for a period of time that is way longer than it should be.

My background that I have saved for my start up window appears, and the cursor is visible and can move around.

The loading time to my login screen is several minutes. Login screen finally loads.

I enter my numeric password, and my screen goes to black, looking like its loading.

The screen has power, but stays black for an undetermined about of time.

Then, one of two things happens:

- the laptop just shuts down

- the laptops appears to try and restart itself, and shuts down eventually

I cannot access my system to try and uninstall the latest update

I cannot restart in safe-mode from the login screen to try and uninstall the latest update

I cannot use my laptop in any way, shape, or form...

So my question is how can I get this fixed by Microsoft, as they have admitted that the update is the issue with my laptop and other peoples PC's?

:)

JBobTommy78, Oct 5, 2018
  2. jds63 Win User

Most Recent Windows 10 Update Killed Sound

What kind of speakers do you use and meaning it killed your speakers ? Maybe speaker connection is an issue, but most likely something with sound device settings or drivers. What exact steps have you tried. Anyone of filling in system specs here or listing them as it helps us more to help you.

jds63, Oct 8, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Recent Update Killed My Laptop

laptop main monitor stop working with recent update

Hi Francisco,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Are you getting any error message or black/blue screen?
    • Which update was installed on your computer?

I suggest you to boot Windows low resolution mode and then update the Display drivers on the system.

Step 1: Boot the system in Low resolution mode.

To enter into Low resolution Mode in Windows 10, follow the steps given below.

• Click on Start icon and go to Settings.
    • Select Update and Security and click on Recovery.
    • Click on Advanced Startup.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Select Low resolution Mode from the list.

Step 2: Update the display drivers from the Device Manager.

I suggest you to update the display drivers on your computer and check if it helps. Refer the below steps to update the driver.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device Manager.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Recent Update Killed My Laptop

1. Recent Update Killed My Laptop - Similar Threads - Recent Update Killed

2. Updates killing my laptop, again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates killing my laptop, again.: I'll keep on posting the same old complaint as long as Microsoft keep on destroying my laptop and wasting all my time.I use my laptop only occasionally. That's my prerogative. I guess I use it even less knowing how awful Microsoft is now.Every single time I try to use my...
  3. Updates killing my laptop, again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates killing my laptop, again.: I'll keep on posting the same old complaint as long as Microsoft keep on destroying my laptop and wasting all my time.I use my laptop only occasionally. That's my prerogative. I guess I use it even less knowing how awful Microsoft is now.Every single time I try to use my...
  4. Update error killed my laptop...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update error killed my laptop...: Around a month ago, I bought a new laptop Lenovo Flex 5 with Intel i7 11th gen and intel iris graphics and just a few days ago I was updating it and then it just became unusably slow so slow that my 7-year-old laptop was faster, The CPU was always at 100% even when I was not...
  5. Windows update killed my laptops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update killed my laptops: In late 2018 we had yet another forced windows update that we cant actually turn off so my laptop went and updated its windows 10 installation and restarted. It attempted to boot into windows but its just displayed a flashing cursor for 2 seconds then a black screen. Despite...
  6. Windows update killed my laptop

Windows update killed my laptop: Do not switch off your computer Sitting there for hours. Restore failed. FAILED. Startup repair failed Go back to previous version failed. Leaving the only option to reset it. You utter Wombles. You festervering sores on the backsides of dungbeatles. Months of...
  7. Win10 update kills my laptop

Win10 update kills my laptop: After a recent update, the laptop went back to the last app before the update, but could not open any other app except the file directory. Subsequently this app also disappeared and only the file app was functioning. On seeing only the C directory using the file app, I...
  8. Update killed my laptop

Update killed my laptop: So like many people my computer just updated and is now useless. All of fixes do not work for me. I cannot click anything. Windows +e just gives me that another error "an attempt was made to reference a token that does not exists". My laptop was perfect before this update now...
  9. Recent Update Killed My Laptop

Recent Update Killed My Laptop: Hello, As with many other, the recent update has killed my laptop with Windows updated recently. Here is all I get after the update: I start my computer up. I get the black screen with the spinning circle for a period of time that is way longer than it should be. My...
  10. Anniversary update killed my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update killed my laptop: Hi guys Comin over from seven forums *Smile After a recent update, i shut down my notebook. Next time I turned it on it got suck right after POST, so all I see is a blank screen. This happens before windows even begins to load, it's basically a DOS style blank screen...