Windows 10: Recent update removed Excel, Word and some other applications

Discus and support Recent update removed Excel, Word and some other applications in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The recent update on my HP Pavilion g7, windows 10, removed a lot of applications from my computer. I need excel and word for home use. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LawrenceDeady, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Recent update removed Excel, Word and some other applications

The recent update on my HP Pavilion g7, windows 10, removed a lot of applications from my computer. I need excel and word for home use. I am retired.

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: Excel and Word

:)

LawrenceDeady, Jun 3, 2019
  2. PJLLB Win User

Excel 2010 Opening Files in Single Instance after a Recent Update

After a recent update to Excel 2010 (that came after upgrading Windows 10 Creators Edition) when clicking on more than one Excel file they all open in the same window (instance) of Excel. Before this update the files would open in separate instances. By opening in a single instance of Excel it is then necessary to either arrange the workbooks (tile, etc.) or switch between them. But this is not what I want to do -- I want to be able to open both files in separate Excel windows so that I can easily see them both in large screen windows on separate monitors like I did before this update.

I found a suggestion online to check the Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) advanced option in Excel. But this results in Excel opening itself with no open workbook when clicking on a file.

Word 2010 does not behave in this manner. If I click to open one Word file and then another, each is opened in a separate window (instance) of Word, which is what I want to do with Excel.

Any thoughts?

PJLLB, Jun 3, 2019
  3. philc43 Win User
    Office 365 - removing recent documents

You would need to go to the app that was used for that document and remove it from the recent documents list within the app. For example if a Word document shows up in the list and you want to remove it; open Word and then in the recent documents list within Word right click on the entry you want to remove and select Remove from list.

philc43, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Nath Bea Win User

Recent update removed Excel, Word and some other applications

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Recent update removed Excel, Word and some other applications

1. Recent update removed Excel, Word and some other applications - Similar Threads - Recent update removed

2. Word & Excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word & Excel: I bought this computer with Microsoft Word and Excel already installed. There is no annual fee. Can I transfer these programs to another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-excel/aa0fe52c-84f7-4399-b1a6-c41c97dcfd91
  3. Word & Excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word & Excel: I bought this computer with Microsoft Word and Excel already installed. There is no annual fee. Can I transfer these programs to another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-excel/aa0fe52c-84f7-4399-b1a6-c41c97dcfd91
  4. Audio working in some applications, not others

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio working in some applications, not others: My audio is working in Discord, but if I go to play a song or watch a YouTube video, It's silent. I tried rebooting the computer, and I also went to the audio mixer to make sure everything was not muted and nothing was. How would I try to fix this issue? submitted by...
  5. Word and excel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word and excel: I bought this computer with word and excel already installed, no discs or install codes were given. I received an automatic upgrade from microsoft November 10th and installed the upgrade as usual. When I tried to open an excel file it changed the file name and would not open...
  6. Quick access recent files VS Excel or Word Recent files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick access recent files VS Excel or Word Recent files: For the last few days, something weird happens with my office 16 apps, I had about 3 excel documents and 1 word document that I use daily network files. But since a while, when I close Excel or word, , if I reopen it, even right away, those files that I was just using...
  7. update removed office 10 and some other apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update removed office 10 and some other apps: update removed office 10 and some other apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-removed-office-10-and-some-other-apps/42aaeba4-b036-4753-8ab1-f1d9b7f85dbf
  8. Word,Excel and other Apps Icons gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Word,Excel and other Apps Icons gone: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/charan_v2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hp5jjq/wordexcel_and_other_apps_icons_gone/
  9. Excel and Word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel and Word: Why just out of the blue do I get this pop up when I open excel and word that says "We're sorry, but excel and word has run into an error that is preventing it from working ,,,,,, " This prevents me from working as it just closes on it's own. There is always something with...
  10. Some application stop updating recent document list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some application stop updating recent document list: Windows 10 64-bit Pro, 1903 I've enabled the feature to show the recent document list for the application. I found that some application will stop updating the list after a while. How can I fix it? Thanks...