Windows 10: recent update removed most of my sticky notes

Discus and support recent update removed most of my sticky notes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried the oft repeated advice to go to C:/Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/stickynotes, but there is no folder called sticky notes or sticky... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MaryS_973, Mar 15, 2020.

1. MaryS_973 Win User

recent update removed most of my sticky notes

I tried the oft repeated advice to go to C:/Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/stickynotes, but there is no folder called sticky notes or sticky anything in that folder.

What did an update remove them, and I only have three left of the six I had, so what folder would they be in?

:)

MaryS_973, Mar 15, 2020

2. Sticky Note Missing

Hi KeithRawlings,

I'm Charles, an Independent advisor trying to help.

Let's see if with the following steps we can solve the problem:

1.- Open >> Sticky notes, when located on the taskbar (Right click on the option) >> Select: List of Notes, now check if your note is in that list.

2.- Follow the steps suggested by the Windows MVP in your article

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-sticky-notes-lost...

I hope the steps work for you

Attentive to any comments

Have a happy day

Best Regards,

Charles.

CharlesJones32, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Sticky Notes

Hi Angie,

There are several factors why your sticky notes may have an issue. It can be due to outdated application or wrong configuration settings. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried checking the Settings?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you may follow the steps provided by Jaz333
    on this
    thread
    . It will let you use the old sticky notes.

Keeps us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 15, 2020
  4. recent update removed most of my sticky notes

Sticky notes

Hi Idalee,

Yes, there is a possibility that the recent update may have disabled or corrupted the apps. For us to isolate this problem, we suggest repairing or resetting Sticky Notes on your PC. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and click Apps.
    • On the Apps & features tab, locate the name of the missing app.
    • Click the app and select Advanced options, then click Repair.
    • If the Repair option is not available or does not resolve the issue, you may also try the
      Reset option. However, it's more likely that you will lose any app data that was saved.
    • Once the repair or reset is completed, Sticky Notes should now reappear in the app list.
    • You may now pin it to the Start Menu.

Update us with the outcome.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

recent update removed most of my sticky notes

1. recent update removed most of my sticky notes - Similar Threads - recent update removed

2. In a recent update my perpetual licenses are gone and my sticky notes are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In a recent update my perpetual licenses are gone and my sticky notes are gone: In a recent Microsoft update my perpetual licenses of Word and Excel are gone. I understand these were being phased out, but ALL of my vital STICKY notes are gone. Help how can I get then back....
  3. In a recent update my perpetual licenses are gone and my sticky notes are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In a recent update my perpetual licenses are gone and my sticky notes are gone: In a recent Microsoft update my perpetual licenses of Word and Excel are gone. I understand these were being phased out, but ALL of my vital STICKY notes are gone. Help how can I get then back....
  4. In a recent update my perpetual licenses are gone and my sticky notes are gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Sticky Notes Note Updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes Note Updating: I had to recently get a new computer for work that could support Windows 11 due to more of the companies software we use updating to Windows 11. I have attempted to open up sticky notes multiple times, but everytime I have opened up sticky notes, it get's stuck on a window...
  6. Sticky Notes Note Updating

Sticky Notes Note Updating: I had to recently get a new computer for work that could support Windows 11 due to more of the companies software we use updating to Windows 11. I have attempted to open up sticky notes multiple times, but everytime I have opened up sticky notes, it get's stuck on a window...
  7. UPDATE OLD STICKY NOTES TO NEW STICKY NOTES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UPDATE OLD STICKY NOTES TO NEW STICKY NOTES: HOW DOW I UPDATE OLD STICKY NOTES TO NEW STICKY NOTES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-old-sticky-notes-to-new-sticky-notes/62700545-b239-49ff-a9c3-a43ce1e4435a
  8. Updating sticky notes

Updating sticky notes: On two of my PCs sticky notes has been updated to the latest version 3.0.118.0. However on another PC it seems stuck at version 2.1.18.0. I've tried getting the store to check for updates, as well as manually removing the app and re-installing it from the store, but it always...
  9. Sticky notes 3.0 removed all previous notes

Sticky notes 3.0 removed all previous notes: Good day, One of our users just had their sticky notes update to 3.0 today. They didn't realize what was going on but it asked them to sign into their 365 account. After doing so all of their sticky notes have disappeared. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a way...
  10. Sticky Notes Update

Sticky Notes Update: So weird thing my sticky notes said it had an update...I went ahead and clicked close update and restart...now there is another icon on the taskbar where as before sticky notes would just be open and it was removed from taskbar. Looked in settings and don't know how to change...