Windows 10: Recent Update requiring ctrl+alt+del Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Recent Update requiring ctrl+alt+del Windows 10 Home in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So prior to 'a recent update' (not sure which sorry), logon with Windows Hello only required a swipe of the screen. Now it needs ctrl+alt+del, which is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JoelScott, Apr 16, 2019.

1. JoelScott Win User

Recent Update requiring ctrl+alt+del Windows 10 Home

So prior to 'a recent update' (not sure which sorry), logon with Windows Hello only required a swipe of the screen. Now it needs ctrl+alt+del, which is fine in laptop mode... bit of a pain when I'm using it as a tablet though...

Windows 10 home so no secpol.msc or gpedit.msc.

Elevated netplwiz has the option for requiring crtl+alt+del greyed out.

Most issues people have had are older (either by Windows version or by date) but my issue only occurred in the last month or so (and the device has been kept up to date prior to that so it's a recent update that has chnaged the behaviour.

Any thoughts?

:)

JoelScott, Apr 16, 2019
  2. jonmcc33 Win User

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink Recent Update requiring ctrl+alt+del Windows 10 Home ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Recent Update requiring ctrl+alt+del Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Recent Update requiring

2. Ctrl alt del required before startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl alt del required before startup: Why forced to enter ctrl alt del on startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-alt-del-required-before-startup/f78f62e4-ab0d-4fb4-9ece-cc85f7a8c981
  3. Ctrl alt del required before startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ctrl alt del required before startup: Why forced to enter ctrl alt del on startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-alt-del-required-before-startup/f78f62e4-ab0d-4fb4-9ece-cc85f7a8c981
  4. Ctrl alt del required before startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Home login sometimes requires Ctrl+Alt+Del to prompt for PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home login sometimes requires Ctrl+Alt+Del to prompt for PIN: I have my Windows 10 Home machine set to prompt for a PIN to log in. Normally, I can just hit enter or any key to get it to prompt for the PIN, but after a few days maybe as much as a couple of weeks, it starts to require Ctrl+Alt+Del to get the prompt. It doesn't say "Press...
  6. Windows 10 Home login sometimes requires Ctrl+Alt+Del to prompt for PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home login sometimes requires Ctrl+Alt+Del to prompt for PIN: I have my Windows 10 Home machine set to prompt for a PIN to log in. Normally, I can just hit enter or any key to get it to prompt for the PIN, but after a few days maybe as much as a couple of weeks, it starts to require Ctrl+Alt+Del to get the prompt. It doesn't say "Press...
  7. Windows 10 Home login sometimes requires Ctrl+Alt+Del to prompt for PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. ctrl-alt-del login sometimes not required

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    ctrl-alt-del login sometimes not required: Running Enterprise v. 1909 I enabled the login to requre "ctrl-alt-delete", and enabled "do not show last user" But once in a while when my computer boot up, it would go straight to the login promt and bypassing the "ctrl-alt-delete" requirement. Again, this happens once a...
  9. Disable ctrl+alt+del login In (Windows 10 Home)

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable ctrl+alt+del login In (Windows 10 Home): Hello, I have Windows 10 Home, and on one of the last updates, all of the sudden, I MUST go through >>> ctr+alt+del, and once that screen clears, then enter my password. I DO NOT need feature! How do I disable the ctrl+alt+del portion of the login? Thank you!...
  10. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 2016 ltsb and ctrl alt del breaks

2. windows 10 lock screen started requiring ctrl-alt-del 2019

3. windows 10 started requiring ctrl-alt-del again