Windows 10: Recent update seems to mess with my WiFi adapter / Causing BSOD on PC restart

Discus and support Recent update seems to mess with my WiFi adapter / Causing BSOD on PC restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So recently I have changed internet, as well as updated windows and ever since one of the two happened (I think I narrowed it down to it being the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dmitri☻, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Dmitri☻ Win User

Recent update seems to mess with my WiFi adapter / Causing BSOD on PC restart

So recently I have changed internet, as well as updated windows and ever since one of the two happened (I think I narrowed it down to it being the update, due to no one else in the house having Wifi issues on any device but me) my wifi adapter has been disconnecting and reconnecting from the computer (sometimes it wont reconnect to the internet after doing this, maybe losing power??) when loading certain websites, such as Twitch.tv or help websites with videos embedded on them. It doesn't disconnect in the middle of gaming or anything which is great, but I can't seem to load a plethora of websites due to it disconnecting for some reason. Whenever it disconnects and has issues, it REALLY has issues. If I try to uninstall the device to reinstall it's drivers, it will infinitely hang in the uninstall load screen until I force close it with task manager, sometimes if I open "Network & Internet settings" it will also hang forever on the blue screen with the white cog in the middle until I force close that as well. When it starts to have these issues if I go to restart the computer it will hit me with a BSOD after about 5ish minutes of it trying to restart (Normal restart time is about 30 seconds). The last code I noticed (didn't read the others, hopefully they weren't different) was Driver Power Failure. I've done all the power settings trouble shooting that people recommend and nothing has fixed it, I've uninstalled the device AND it's drivers multiple times and reinstalled them smoothly, still not fixed. This is totally random, out of no where and really obnoxious. any help would be great

:)

Dmitri☻, Oct 30, 2019
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. billsgifs Win User
    BSOD's after recent Windows Update

Hello,

I've recently experienced multiple BSOD's after a windows update. After the computer restarts from the BSOD, my USB Wifi Adapter doesn't seem to connect to my wifi. After unplugging and re-inserting the usb adapter, it connects and is fine until my computer BSOD's again. It usually happens when using the internet. My chrome browser will sometimes give me the "aw snap" error shortly before my computer gives the BSOD.

I'm thinking it is probably to do with the adapter, but really have no idea how to find out. Any help would be tremendous!

The Wifi adapter I'm refering to is a Cisco AE2500 usb adapter.

Thanks!!
    -Bill

billsgifs, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Recent update seems to mess with my WiFi adapter / Causing BSOD on PC restart

WiFi adapter disables itself

Sorry, but that does not solve the problem. Here's the condition, any suggestions?

Asus and HP laptops upgraded to Win 10 August 2015, both using anniversary edition version 1607, 64 bit, installed on 8-24-16. All of the fixes suggest have been tried and do not work. A/V is Norton Security.

• WiFi adapter disables itself and will not allow it to be re-enabled. Troubleshoot will not fix and restart is required.
      But Restart hangs and takes 30+ min. (90 min. 1-8) to complete or a forced shutdown by physically turning off the PC is needed to resolve.
      Can cause Edge to fail to find web pages after restart.
      • Asus last occurred: 12-25-16, 12-14, numerous dates since August 2015.
        Happened occasionally while on Win 8.1
      • HP last occurred: 1-8, 1-6, 1-1, 12-27-16, 12-14, numerous dates since August 2015. Never happened while on Win 7.

Dave Robson, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Recent update seems to mess with my WiFi adapter / Causing BSOD on PC restart

1. Recent update seems to mess with my WiFi adapter / Causing BSOD on PC restart - Similar Threads - Recent update seems

2. Wifi Adapters Causing BSOD for windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Adapters Causing BSOD for windows update: Every time I try to update my system I get a BSOD netwtw10.sys, I'm beginning to think its my two wifi adapters. My motherboard comes with an onboard wifi, but I decided to get a wifi card for better connection strength. I tried to find solutions elsewhere, bur I came up with...
  3. Wifi Adapters Causing BSOD for windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Adapters Causing BSOD for windows update: Every time I try to update my system I get a BSOD netwtw10.sys, I'm beginning to think its my two wifi adapters. My motherboard comes with an onboard wifi, but I decided to get a wifi card for better connection strength. I tried to find solutions elsewhere, bur I came up with...
  4. Wifi Adapters Causing BSOD for windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Recent update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent update caused BSOD: HelloFollowing the latest windows updates trying to load games caused BSOD. On the third try it seemed to corrupt the start up sequence. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-update-caused-bsod/c26ebfd4-f1ce-491a-8d07-b7b9da17a4e8
  6. Recent update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update caused BSOD: HelloFollowing the latest windows updates trying to load games caused BSOD. On the third try it seemed to corrupt the start up sequence. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-update-caused-bsod/c26ebfd4-f1ce-491a-8d07-b7b9da17a4e8
  7. Recent update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Recent update seemed to cause my monitors to go blank after restarting but not on reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recent update seemed to cause my monitors to go blank after restarting but not on reboot: Subject says it all but let me expand So a few weeks back I am not sure of the date I went ahead and updated my windows 10 pro x64 I normally don't allow updates unless I have time to work through possible issues with how it will affect other software When it finally...
  9. Recent Update 9-9-2020 Seems to be Causing BSOD Crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent Update 9-9-2020 Seems to be Causing BSOD Crashes.: Only started happening today, after the updates had been downloaded and installed. Only occurs upon launching "Nox", an Android emulator. The following is pulled from the Reliability Monitor: Source Windows Summary Shut down unexpectedly Date ‎9/‎10/‎2020 3:34 PM...
  10. Recent Update Messed with my Wireless Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recent Update Messed with my Wireless Adapter: I recently installed the new Windows 10 update on Feb 5th. Everything was fine until I realized my computers Wireless Adapter started acting funky towards a very specific wifi connection. I use a Personal Hotspot off of an iPhone 6 to play games because our house wifi is...