Windows 10: Recent Updates causes system right click menu invisible until scroll

Discus and support Recent Updates causes system right click menu invisible until scroll in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This only has ever happened since this evening when Windows 10 auto updated. These were the updates: KB890830, KB3193713, KB3194798, KB3194343... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by svanhildr, Oct 12, 2016.

1. svanhildr Win User

Recent Updates causes system right click menu invisible until scroll

This only has ever happened since this evening when Windows 10 auto updated.

These were the updates:
    KB890830, KB3193713, KB3194798, KB3194343

Other than that nothing was installed.

This is what happens: https://i.imgur.com/od96gGx.png

If I right click something in firefox and view its options I can read it. If I right click something in windows explorer I get what is in the picture. Same goes for the taskbar, foobar2000, notepad. (If happens even in the file, edit, format, view, help of notepad too)

So far I've only tried restarting windows explorer. **NVM Apparently restarting my computer for a third time did the trick. Hopefully it stays that way.

:)

svanhildr, Oct 12, 2016

2. I have a PC with Windows 10 on a SSD, and I plugged in an old 500GB HHD that has Win 7 on it. Can I delete the Win 7 recovery partition?

The recovery partition on your SSD is currently invisible to you (so you don't accidentally delete it or mess around with it).

This means the E: drive is from the 500Gb HDD. It is safe to format it.

Right click start menu icon and select "disk manager" from there, scroll down the list until you see your HDD, right click and format the drive completely.

Alexsolo101, Oct 12, 2016
  3. metaclay Win User
    uninstall will open control panel to re-select the item again.

Hmmm... still doesn't make sense to me . If the reason is to prevent uninstallation mistakes. What the differences if you make that mistake using appwiz.cpl (Control panel) . We have the same risk here either right click from start menu or from appwiz.cpl
    . I still expect this feature in next version. Or .... at least when you right click and select uninstall and windows will pop up contol panel... at least windows will automatic select the app we have selected in start menu so i don't need to wasting time
    scrolling. Should be easy coding. Or maybe you can hide this 'uninstall' from start menu, so it's invisible until user press some modifier key (to show some advanced menu - like in osx) ... in case you're afraid user will accidentally click it.

metaclay, Oct 12, 2016
  4. Recent Updates causes system right click menu invisible until scroll

svanhildr,

You state your problem, and solve it on the same posting!

Way to go!! *Wink Glad the issue is gone.

cottonball, Oct 12, 2016
Thema:

Recent Updates causes system right click menu invisible until scroll

1. Recent Updates causes system right click menu invisible until scroll - Similar Threads - Recent Updates causes

2. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  3. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  4. Windows 11 right click menu shows scroll bar sometimes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 right click menu shows scroll bar sometimes.: Several times the right click menu shows scroll bar and a bit of empty space at its bottom. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-right-click-menu-shows-scroll-bar/7e517d4a-8671-4332-97ae-ab59d0a6d15f
  5. Windows 11 right click menu shows scroll bar sometimes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 right click menu shows scroll bar sometimes.: Several times the right click menu shows scroll bar and a bit of empty space at its bottom. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-right-click-menu-shows-scroll-bar/7e517d4a-8671-4332-97ae-ab59d0a6d15f
  6. right click menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click menu: how do i remove something off the right click menu submitted by /u/kubunio10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mopspb/right_click_menu/
  7. Touchpad scrolling and right click not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad scrolling and right click not working: I have a MacBook Pro 2015 and in Windows 10 my right click and scroll don’t work at all but they work when I boot into Mac OS. My volume shortcuts (f11 and f12) also don’t work but I can control them manually. Any solutions? (I have already reset it and no change has...
  8. Right click menu on an item in a OneDrive folder keeps closing until update is finished

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right click menu on an item in a OneDrive folder keeps closing until update is finished: Has anyone ever noticed how annoying it is to right click on a file or a folder for example to see its properties and before you even have time to select anything in the right click menu, it closes right before your eyes. You right click again, and the same things happen......
  9. Ctrl+A causes right click menu to appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl+A causes right click menu to appear: Not sure if this is an OS thing or a keyboard thing but I thought I'd ask. Ever since I've gotten my hp Spectre laptop, if I use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+A, it sometimes causes the right click menu to appear. Because it's so inconsistent and doesn't always happen when I use...
  10. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"