Windows 10: recent updates causing my issues with my task bar

Discus and support recent updates causing my issues with my task bar in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so recently these update that have been pushing out are causing issues with my task bark, mainly the search bar of the task bar, it kinda looks like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlexBergmann, Jun 16, 2021.

1. recent updates causing my issues with my task bar

so recently these update that have been pushing out are causing issues with my task bark, mainly the search bar of the task bar, it kinda looks like this it might be hard to see but mainly the the magnifying glass is missing and the is this white outline everywhere, i have dark mode always on and toggling dark mode does not fix it, it has all been from these recent updates, its starting to get on my nerves at this point, please helpps windows wants me to install a new update Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems so if i install it and the same thing is the

:)

AlexBergmann, Jun 16, 2021

2. task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jun 16, 2021
  4. recent updates causing my issues with my task bar

Task bar keeps moving

Hi Timbo,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help.

The issue might have been caused if the ‘Auto-hide’ task bar option got checked. So, I would suggest you to try the following steps to disable auto hide task bar.

a. Right click on the Task bar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a uncheck mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the task bar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

Also check the option “task bar location on the screen” need to select “bottom”.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

recent updates causing my issues with my task bar

1. recent updates causing my issues with my task bar - Similar Threads - recent updates causing

2. Issue with the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with the task bar: After the recent update I started having issues with my task bar, the start button icons are not opening right clicking the app won't work as well. I check the updates and I'm up to date. This happened before and fixed on it's owits own but now I need to have this fixed right...
  3. Issue with the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with the task bar: After the recent update I started having issues with my task bar, the start button icons are not opening right clicking the app won't work as well. I check the updates and I'm up to date. This happened before and fixed on it's owits own but now I need to have this fixed right...
  4. Issue with the task bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Issues with task manager after a recent update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with task manager after a recent update: I can't access my task manager and also the 'security at a glance' section under updates and security is coming up empty. I tried going through the group policy editor and it didn't help as well. This all happened after a recent windows update and I have also tried...
  6. TASK BAR ISSUE

in Windows 10 Customization
    TASK BAR ISSUE: IN TASK BAR WHEN POWER ICON IS ON THEN TOO ITS NOT VISIBLE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-issue/4f8e3552-d8c9-47d9-9265-af7c0b7fbc6c
  7. The recent update caused problems to my PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The recent update caused problems to my PC.: After updating a few days ago, there were a couple of changes on my PC. First big change is that the microphone on my headset is not working properly. Prior to the update it was working perfectly fine but now my voice sounds very far away and muffled, and it fluctuates...
  8. Task bar issue

in Cortana
    Task bar issue: My task bar will not allow me to search. At times i cannot type in my search or if it lets me it will let me type 2 letters before going black. Other times it appears to be wanting to start up a circle with a partial blue illumination on it. It is frustrating as i have...
  9. Task Bar issues after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Bar issues after update: Hi After the May 2020 update 2004, right-click is not working on icons on the taskbar, also left-click is not working on volume/network/battery and action center icons. I have tried disabling all context menu extensions and was hoping that a recent update might fix the...
  10. Recent Windows update causing download issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent Windows update causing download issues: I started having problems with downloading on Steam since I downloaded an Windows update last night, the issue only occurs when Steam starts downloading and causes all other apps to lose connection to the internet, steam still downloads normally, when I pause the download all...