Windows 10: recent updates has given me problems

Discus and support recent updates has given me problems in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I downloaded an update yesterday, and starting this morning I have been getting issues on my pc When I log in, I get a black screen that last for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JuicyTurkyLegs, Mar 17, 2021.

1. recent updates has given me problems

So I downloaded an update yesterday, and starting this morning I have been getting issues on my pc

When I log in, I get a black screen that last for about 5 minuets. I looked up many solutions for this issue, and none of them have worked. One solution involves using the task manage, but It wont show up during the black screen. This issue only seem to happen when I log into my main account. When I log in as admin I don't have this problem

settings app is buggy. It takes about 2 min before I can select anything, and if I try opening the settings app through display settings, it crashes

the search bar no longer shows anything when I type something like task manger

lastly it seems my boot time has increased since the recent update

and solutions ? is any one dealing with something similar to me ?

submitted by /u/JuicyTurkyLegs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JuicyTurkyLegs, Mar 17, 2021

2. Problem with recent Windows Update on a new HP PC

Hi,

The Blank Screen is an error screen displayed by some operating systems after encountering a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. For
    us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps given on these articles:

The steps will be viewed by clicking the appropriate scenario that you have encountered.

Let us know if the steps given on the article helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 17, 2021
  4. recent updates has given me problems

Recently used items does not show after a recent Windows update

Hello Timothy,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

1) Did you make any recent changes to the computer?

2) Did you check if similar issues occur when logged in to the computer using a different user account?

3) Do you have any system restore point set prior to the issue?

To check if there is any Restore Point already created, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select System.

• In the left pane, click on System Protection.

• Select the option to system restore > next. It will show all restore points already created.

4) What is the particular Windows update you are referring to?

To do so, you need to check the settings through Windows update. Follow the below steps.
    • Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut Windows Key
      recent updates has given me problems Windows_Key.png
      +
      I.
    • Click/tap Change PC settings.
    • Click on the Update and recovery and click on the View your update history.
    • You will now see a list of your installed Windows Updates. If you click on any one of the
      "Successfully installed on (date)" links

As an initial step towards troubleshooting, I suggest you to check if the 'recently used item' feature is hidden. If yes, uncheck the options. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on Taskbar and choose Properties.
    • Select the tab Start Menu.
    • Uncheck both the options for:

1) Store and display recently opened programs in the Start Menu

2) Store and display recently opened items in the Start Menu and the Task Bar
    • Also select a higher number recent items to display in Jump List

If the above does not apply, please follow the below suggested methods and check in case if it is a functionality issue in Windows.

Method 1

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Method 2

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

recent updates has given me problems

1. recent updates has given me problems - Similar Threads - recent updates has

2. December update to Windows 11 has given me black screen after logon Update to Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    December update to Windows 11 has given me black screen after logon Update to Windows 11...: December update to Windows 11 has given me black screen after logonUpdate to Windows 11 has given me a black screen after logon on my desk top PC, a relatively new Gateway laptop with original windows 11...
  3. December update to Windows 11 has given me black screen after logon Update to Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    December update to Windows 11 has given me black screen after logon Update to Windows 11...: December update to Windows 11 has given me black screen after logonUpdate to Windows 11 has given me a black screen after logon on my desk top PC, a relatively new Gateway laptop with original windows 11...
  4. December update to Windows 11 has given me black screen after logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    December update to Windows 11 has given me black screen after logon: Update to Windows 11 has given me a black screen after logon on my desk top PC. I am part of the windows 11 insider project. I have tried the shift,control,windows B beeps does nothing ..can get task manager to show on black screen and from there following no end of internet...
  5. December update to Windows 11 has given me black screen after logon

December update to Windows 11 has given me black screen after logon: Update to Windows 11 has given me a black screen after logon on my desk top PC. I am part of the windows 11 insider project. I have tried the shift,control,windows B beeps does nothing ..can get task manager to show on black screen and from there following no end of internet...
  6. Problems after recent Update

Problems after recent Update: An "Update" from a day or two ago required a restart which I did. But now I'm having problems launching standard applications Quicken, H&R Block which go into a "Not Responding" status after launch. When I look at my Update history it doesn't show the latest date of that...
  7. Problems after recent Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after recent Update: An "Update" from a day or two ago required a restart which I did. But now I'm having problems launching standard applications Quicken, H&R Block which go into a "Not Responding" status after launch. When I look at my Update history it doesn't show the latest date of that...
  8. Recent windows update problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent windows update problems: Hello, in a recent update I'm getting 2 problems the first being "threat service as stopped restart now" where the restart button doesn't work and every time I start my laptop it wants to check the disk unless I stop it in time, no my disk has no errors and its an M.2 NVME...
  9. Recent update has bugs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent update has bugs: I'm using Windows 10 1903 and installed the latest update recently. However, I found that there is two bugs in my system. First of all, my taskbar won't auto hide when I play video from my browsers, or media player, after putting my laptop to sleep and wake it. Second, I have...
  10. recent Asus update problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    recent Asus update problems: I recently heard a new posting that some Asus updates brought some malware with it. One of our laptops is a basic Asus model and went black about the same time ...a couple weeks ago. Any news on this...?...