Windows 10: recent updates have have disabled my computer. It changed my pin which I have since...

Discus and support recent updates have have disabled my computer. It changed my pin which I have since... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recent updates have disabled my computer. Initially it prevented me from gaining access by changing my pin number. This has been corrected as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DannyHayworth, Sep 23, 2018.

1. recent updates have have disabled my computer. It changed my pin which I have since...

Recent updates have disabled my computer. Initially it prevented me from gaining access by changing my pin number. This has been corrected as it changed the pin to one that was never used with this computer, This has been corrected. The second problem is that it is dening me access to the internet . Attempts to correct this led me to a message that me wifi driver was broken.

:)

DannyHayworth, Sep 23, 2018
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Sep 23, 2018
  4. recent updates have have disabled my computer. It changed my pin which I have since...

Pin Login not available and can't change or remove my pin

Hi Saschavan,

To help you disable your PIN login, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to this location: Settings/Accounts/Sign-in options
    • Check the PIN options and click the I forget my PIN available to click?
    • Enter your password, it will prompt you to enter a new PIN.
    • Click Cancel and your PIN should be disable upon reboot.

Let us know the result to help you further.

Dennis Mop, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

recent updates have have disabled my computer. It changed my pin which I have since...

1. recent updates have have disabled my computer. It changed my pin which I have since... - Similar Threads - recent updates disabled

2. Since I have microsoft security on my computer is it necessary to have a security system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since I have microsoft security on my computer is it necessary to have a security system...: I have microsoft security on my computer. I pay for the Mcafee security as well. There seams to be a conflict from time to time and I'm wondering why would I need the extra protection when microsoft has the same features the other provider is providing. Why pay for something...
  3. Since I have microsoft security on my computer is it necessary to have a security system...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since I have microsoft security on my computer is it necessary to have a security system...: I have microsoft security on my computer. I pay for the Mcafee security as well. There seams to be a conflict from time to time and I'm wondering why would I need the extra protection when microsoft has the same features the other provider is providing. Why pay for something...
  4. Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.

in Cortana
    Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.: This bug happens within the search bar where only certain apps will go into the recent search history in the windows search bar. Also, there's this bug where on the top of the search bar it shows 5 moving dots constantly but the search bar works normally. I have done an...
  5. Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.: This bug happens within the search bar where only certain apps will go into the recent search history in the windows search bar. Also, there's this bug where on the top of the search bar it shows 5 moving dots constantly but the search bar works normally. I have done an...
  6. Been recently having this bug since the Recent cumulative update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I have been having BSOD since I got my computer. These are ntoskrnl.exe, nvlddmkm.sys,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been having BSOD since I got my computer. These are ntoskrnl.exe, nvlddmkm.sys,...: I have been having BSOD since I got my computer. These are ntoskrnl.exe, nvlddmkm.sys, dxgmms2.sys. I reinstalled windows 11 again but it didn't solve any issue. Also I updated every driver from task manager by checking each one. My notebook is Asus TUF gaming a152021...
  8. After a recent update my Windows setting have change.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After a recent update my Windows setting have change.: After a recent update my Windows setting have change. My wallpaper is gone, my taskbar has changed, and my Office 365 license also isn't working. I am not sure what else is affected at this time. Can I restore these settings somehow?...
  9. Why do I have to change my pin?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why do I have to change my pin?: I am told that "my organisation" requires me to change my PIN. This is my own PC, not any organisation's. This is the 3rd time it has forced me to change my pin and it is almost every month or two. It is getting very frustrating. I saw anothether question that was the same...
  10. Updated to 2004 recently and I have audio crackling since then.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated to 2004 recently and I have audio crackling since then.: As the title says, I updated from 1903 to 2004 couple days ago, after waiting for weeks for it to be fixed and now I'm getting annoying audio cracklings similar to what is talked about in this post :...