Windows 10: recent updates have stopped printer from working

Discus and support recent updates have stopped printer from working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use my printer daily for work. Just before last weekend I developed printer issues. I did the whole remove printer, reinstall, check drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by flapvermin, Aug 12, 2020.

1. recent updates have stopped printer from working

I use my printer daily for work. Just before last weekend I developed printer issues.

I did the whole remove printer, reinstall, check drivers, maintenance etc, nothing.

Searched online and see it was an update issue.

Thing is, I updated to v. 2004 in part of my effort to fix things, so I can't uninstall any updates to get the printer working rolls eyes, I know.

I'm stuck now. I need my printer, I'm two days behind with work. I'm also a complete computer novice, so I have no idea where to go from here.

:)

flapvermin, Aug 12, 2020

2. Printer has stopped working

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it can be when the printer stops working suddenly. For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What happens when you try to print?
    2. Do you receive any error code/message when you try to print?
    3. Were there any recent updates installed on the PC?
    4. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    5. What is the make and model of the printer?

Refer the article to know
    Which Windows operating system am I running?

To know the recent updates installed on the PC, follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Go to Settings >
      Update & Security > Windows Update.
    2. Now click on View update history.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to refer the article
    Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10
    , and check if that helps.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Printer Not Working after Update

Hi Von,

Since your printer is also having an issue after an update, we suggest that you run the Printer Troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. Follow the steps provided in the link on my first response. Also, can you provide us additional details regarding
    your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Which update are you referring to which caused this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Keep us posted so we can further assist you.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 12, 2020
  4. deaseajk Win User

recent updates have stopped printer from working

windows10 updates stops printer from working

this did not work for me. i ended up using recovery to go back to a previous build when my printer did work and so far that is working.

deaseajk, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

recent updates have stopped printer from working

1. recent updates have stopped printer from working - Similar Threads - recent updates stopped

2. Printer Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Stopped Working: Windows 11 Professional I have a problem since doing an inplace upgrade. My printer,a Brother HL-L2300D, doesn't work.It's connected to a USB port and when I try to print something, fromany program, it just sits in the queue and nothing happens. However I*can* print to my...
  3. Printer stopped working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Printer stopped working: Printer stopped working after update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-stopped-working/72d66b80-539e-4410-b3dd-449c3902d87c
  4. Recent updates &Printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recent updates &Printers: Recent updates have stopped my Brother printer working. A lot of other users have the same problem. When are you going to sort it out.?I can get no information from any where....
  5. Printer Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer Stopped Working: My windows 10 recently updates occurred and now my printer doesn't print anymore. There is a tab opens up every time a click on a new page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-stopped-working/d35efa0d-ab2b-4760-8743-ea67ec8954b1
  6. Printer stopped working

Printer stopped working: I am running windows 10 on a 4 year old computer and about 6 weeks ago my printer stopped working. The printer was hooked up and could be "seen" by the computer but if I sent a job to it I got a "problem with the printer set up" error message. I updated printer drivers...
  7. Audio Stop working with most recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio Stop working with most recent update: Hello I have Dell Inspiron15 Intel i5 8GB with 1TB Windows 10Pro Version 1809 Os Build 17763.404. I have updated with most recent update and my sound is completelt dead. I uninstall Realtek audio driver reinstall it and still have no sound on it. I see some people have seen...
  8. Printer stopped working

Printer stopped working: My HP printer stopped working on my Windows 10 machine. I have removed and reinstalled the printer and updated the driver with no luck. Device manager says device was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Please help, thank you!...
  9. A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working

A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working: A recent windows update has stopped my dvd from working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-recent-windows-update-has-stopped-my-dvd-from/29a798a0-d10b-474b-b3e7-c19a7ebf4252
  10. printer stopped working

printer stopped working: I have a fairly new Dell computer. I use an epson xp-610 all in one printer. It has always worked fine. I did not make any changes unless windows updates cause an issue. I have tried all kinds of troubleshooting to solve this issue. I tried to use microsoft to look for...