Windows 10: Recent updates leave screen totally blank

Discus and support Recent updates leave screen totally blank in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was catching up on a few weeks of updates today and had to restart after a few batches. The last restart, I forget for what update, just left a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RCarlson2, Jun 24, 2020.

1. RCarlson2 Win User

Recent updates leave screen totally blank

I was catching up on a few weeks of updates today and had to restart after a few batches. The last restart, I forget for what update, just left a blank screen as if no connection. Ive tried to restart into safe mode but nothing works, theres zero connection it seems to two monitors. The PC is a few months old Dell XPS and the screens are good quality Dell screens.

I’ve held down the power button for 10 seconds and then powered on but still no sign of life. Also pressed Ctl Alt Delete but no response. Monitors and computer show power but nothing happens. The problem seems update related but I cant even get it going in safe mode.

Any ideas?

:)

RCarlson2, Jun 24, 2020

2. blank screen

Hi Philip,

Black screen error has many symptoms. Examples are: when you recently updated your computer, there are changes that are still applying during the boot process, and you are in the process of installing a software. To have a better grip on this blank
    screen issue, we’d like to know the following:

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages? If yes, can you send us a photo?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • How much free space do you have on your hard disk?

In addition, you can visit this link: Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    to start troubleshooting this black screen issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Recent updates leave screen totally blank

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Recent updates leave screen totally blank

1. Recent updates leave screen totally blank - Similar Threads - Recent updates leave

2. Maximized window leaves blank space on top of screen

in Windows 10 News
    Maximized window leaves blank space on top of screen: [ATTACH]Some Windows users are reporting when a program or app window is maximized, it leaves blank space on the top part of the computer screen. This is an annoying issue and can be caused by a lot of different things. In this article, we are going to see how to resolve the...
  3. I am getting a totally blank screen after installing and update on Friday.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am getting a totally blank screen after installing and update on Friday.: There are no icons showing at all. MS support says open task manager and restart, but the screen is blank and there are no restart buttons. It's a software not a hardware issue....
  4. Update screen is blank.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update screen is blank.: I have two PCs. One custom build desktop and one Asus’s laptop. Today I decided to do optional cumulative update. And so I updated my laptop. My laptop showed downloading update, installing and then rebooted successfully. After that, I updated my custom build desktop, it...
  5. Blank screen - update related?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank screen - update related?: Hello everywhere. I have a problem with blank screen on my laptop. When I turn on laptop, blank screen immediately appears. After 5th or something 10th time of turning it off (forced - by turn off button) and turning it on - the home screen appears. I have feeling that this...
  6. Windows Update screen is Blank

Windows Update screen is Blank: I have a Windows 10 Home and recently my windows update screen is showing blank, it is not showing me an updates or anything. I have tried reset windows update with a reboot and still it cannot resolve the issue. Have tried the Windows assistance update page from...
  7. Recent activity totally irealistc

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Recent activity totally irealistc: Hi On my Win10 kid's family account the recent activity report is totally out of range. For instance 21h54 on Friday, 15h16 on Saturday while the total of the top apps for the whole week doesn't add up to more than 1 hour... Realistic time would be between 2 and 3h/day....
  8. SCREEN IS BLANK AFTER RECENT UPDATE IN WIN 10

SCREEN IS BLANK AFTER RECENT UPDATE IN WIN 10: I RESTARTED MY LAPTOP AT AROUND 8.30 AM (WIN 10 )STILL THE SCREEN IS BLANK DOES NOT SHOW ANYTHING . IS IT A PROBLEM OR THE UPDATE IS INSTALLING...
  9. can't access my computer. blank screen after recent update.

can't access my computer. blank screen after recent update.: As you can tell by the Title. I have an issue with the blank screen error from the recent update on 16/11. I saw a troubleshooting thread here on this site. And I tried every single action. None worked. I can't access the update history to delete the update. And I have no...
  10. Defer Feature Updates Blanked out After Recent Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Defer Feature Updates Blanked out After Recent Update?: I have Windows 10 Pro. I noticed the box 'Defer feature updates' is now greyed out after this week's update - see my screenshot. Is this a bug and how do I restore the functionality since I want to be in control of when major updates are installed? [img] 79567