Windows 10: Recent updates make windows 10 restart very slow

Discus and support Recent updates make windows 10 restart very slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I installed the recent updates KB4556441 and KB4551853 on my Surface Pro 6 2 days ago. Since then it takes the Surface much longer to restart in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jkb16, May 21, 2020.

1. Jkb16 Win User

Recent updates make windows 10 restart very slow

I installed the recent updates KB4556441 and KB4551853 on my Surface Pro 6 2 days ago. Since then it takes the Surface much longer to restart in the morning. I get a black screen, where I see my cursor but nothing else.

I have not changed anything else in this time. Not installed anything new. The same apps open during start up as always have done.

I save all my files to my organisation's cloud, so there is no issue with disk space.

The computer is Microsoft, the operating system Microsoft.

The only thing that has changed is the update.

This is a computer provided by my employer and not one that I am able to, nor want to, start configuring differently - especially as I am working from home aren't we all and will be totally lost without it.

The computer does eventually restart so it is not 'broken' but the delay to reboot is incredibly annoying!

Please advise when whatever the problem is with the last update will be fixed.

:)

Jkb16, May 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 21, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Recent updates make windows 10 restart very slow :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 21, 2020
  4. Haksery Win User

Windows 10 update being enabled.

Anyway , You are luckier than me. My computer was locked directly after updated to Windows 10 . but the solution is easy.

Haksery, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Recent updates make windows 10 restart very slow - Similar Threads - Recent updates restart

2. very slow on restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    very slow on restart: window 11 takes a very long time to get to the home screen on restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow-on-restart/448b8ad4-5645-4443-836c-450ca2dd6ffe
  3. very slow on restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    very slow on restart: window 11 takes a very long time to get to the home screen on restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow-on-restart/448b8ad4-5645-4443-836c-450ca2dd6ffe
  4. After recent Update install, laptop is very slow.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After recent Update install, laptop is very slow.: I am using a two year old, fully updated, Hp laptop with Windows 10 and a IntelR CoreTM i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz processor and NVIDA GE Force. After a recent update, the laptop was running extremely slow.Taking 10 to 20 minutes to open after a full shutdown.Opening...
  5. Windows 10 very slow (in all aspects) after recent update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 very slow (in all aspects) after recent update: Hi, since last night my laptop has been awfully slow. I use it for work and about 95%+ of the time all I have open are: 2 MS word files, if not word 1 excel file (I'm an analyst so that's pretty much all I use) then a browser with about 4 to 8 tabs open (just websites for...
  6. Windows 10x64 restarting very very slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10x64 restarting very very slow!: Hello, dear members I'm struggling to figure out why my windows 10 restarts so very slow? Is it possible to figure out the reason using logs? First thing I want to say, that SFC /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth cant find any issue and checkdisk can't...
  7. Windows 10 restarts very slow, but boot very fast

Windows 10 restarts very slow, but boot very fast: Yes, I have that famous bug of Wndows 10. When I shut down my PC, and then turn on it with the button of the case, the System boot very fast, like in15 seconds, but when I restarting the system, it delays like 2 minutes to restart (I talking from the Bios screen) But that...
  8. Restart very slow?

Restart very slow?: Hey Guys I have fast start up enabled ( it's ticked but greyed out , reg enrty is set to 1 ) But I have set hibernation to never, will this combo work? Time I get is around 14 secs. Also the restart option seems extremely slow ie around 1 minute, is this normal? Is...
  9. pc starts very slow recently

pc starts very slow recently: when i first log in, startup seems slower than normal, meaning when i first got pc, everything was very fluid. now, most of the time, feels like molasses. is it due to some programs being allowed to auto start? or other factors? i already did defrag and optimization.*Shock...
  10. Very slow restart

Very slow restart: Before I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 it took only about a minute to restart. After the upgrade to Win 10 it takes about 5 minutes to restart. How do I fix this? 23718