Windows 10: Recent updates messed power settings up

Discus and support Recent updates messed power settings up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After one of the recent updates, my laptop's power settings, specifically turning screen off when plugged in, seem to reset on regular basis. I change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LinV5963, Jun 10, 2021.

1. LinV5963 Win User

Recent updates messed power settings up

After one of the recent updates, my laptop's power settings, specifically turning screen off when plugged in, seem to reset on regular basis. I change it to "never" and after next reboot it changes back to 15 minutes. Strangely enough, sleep setting does not reset. It was fine for years, but then Microsoft decided to mess it up for whatever reason.Q: How do i fix this? It's not the end of the world, but is starting to get annoying.Another issue, not related to power settings, but it shows how competent people at Microsoft are. After the last update i restarted my computer only to find useless

:)

LinV5963, Jun 10, 2021
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Power Settings

Hi Mike,

There are various reasons why you are experiencing this issue. One of which is misconfigured power settings.

Considering that the settings are properly set up and the issue is still happening, we suggest running the troubleshooter for Power on your Settings. This will help in identifying the root cause of the issue and provide appropriate fix for it. Kindly
    follow the steps below to do it:

• Open Settings.
    • Choose Update & security.
    • Under Update & security, choose Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and Fix other problems, scroll down and look for
      Power
    • Click Power, and click Run the troubleshooter tab, then, follow the on-screen instructions to perform it.

Kindly update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Recent updates messed power settings up

POWER SETTINGS

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Let us know few thing to analyze the issue.

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Are you able to wake the computer back from sleep?
    This issue might occur due to some corruption in the power settings.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Let’s run Power troubleshooter.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

• Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.

• Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Create new Power Plan.

Please refer to “Can I create a power plan?” section of the link below:

Power plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Steps for Windows 8 or 8.1 applies to
    Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Recent updates messed power settings up

1. Recent updates messed power settings up - Similar Threads - Recent updates messed

2. Windows 10 recent update messed up my windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 recent update messed up my windows: After the update my windows 10 dont work anymore the search bar doesnt work i cant open setting or when it does open when i go to open the display setting or anything else it just loads and load and never opens it is there any clue of what could caused that problem?...
  3. Power outage messed up computer??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power outage messed up computer??: After a power outage, my computer has been slow and boots slow. I ran chkdsk and sfc/scannow and restored my computer, and it’s still running slowly. is my hardware messed up ? what could i do to fix this ? submitted by /u/matthewscz [link] [comments]...
  4. Windows Update messed up camera settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update messed up camera settings: I recently did a Windows update and it somehow messed up my Sony a6000 camera settings. My camera runs smooth on its own screen, but the video lags on my computer. It doesnt look like its running at 60fps. I cant seem to find any camlink settings or video settings on my...
  5. After a recent update, all colors and hues are messed up

After a recent update, all colors and hues are messed up: Everything including icons, desktop, games, ect are all darker than usual. Nothing I do changes it submitted by /u/Skipjack000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gpv90p/after_a_recent_update_all_colors_and_hues_are/
  6. Settings messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings messed up: My system settings reset for some reason and can’t restore them. This has caused me to not be able to connect to any WiFi, etc. I need help ASAP since i cant use my computer properly...
  7. After recent update my computer is all messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After recent update my computer is all messed up: Right after the recent update my computer is slow to connect to anything and everything except for the internet, I now get frozen in games after several attempts of trying to launch the game and it takes 2 mins or more to connect to anything such as discord. Please help, I...
  8. The most recent update messed up my folders.

The most recent update messed up my folders.: submitted by /u/bitesizeboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0184w/the_most_recent_update_messed_up_my_folders/
  9. Update Messed Up Settings & Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Messed Up Settings & Software: My computer updated to build 17763 this morning. Upon restart, numerous settings were changed and all software now acts as if it has just been installed, resetting all settings in apps and even losing data! I am extremely miffed! Allowing a stable build update should NOT...
  10. Settings Menu messed up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings Menu messed up.: As the title says, many of my settings pages are messed up. Any ideas? Tried in place repair-fails. I`m on latest build. 66296