Windows 10: recent updates that failed because I removed Edge several wks earlier

Discus and support recent updates that failed because I removed Edge several wks earlier in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Included is an image of recent updates that failed because I removed Edge several wks earlier. One of the new updates includedd Edga which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by klxdrt15, Sep 14, 2020.

1. klxdrt15 Win User

recent updates that failed because I removed Edge several wks earlier

Hi,

Included is an image of recent updates that failed because I removed Edge several wks earlier. One of the new updates includedd Edga which I paused for 7 days. Then I got several updates & took them. MS would Edge was removed that I didn't want it & would not download/install it. Just plain old common sense.

1] How do I remove Edge & how can I prevent MS from installing EDGE again?

2] How do I get the Uninstalled updates to install?

3] What happened to the 'critical' & 'Optional' updates like in W7?

What should I know about Updates so I don't run into problem like other users I've read about.

Regards,

klxdrt

recent updates that failed because I removed Edge several wks earlier 81a59a72-9cfc-442b-9b63-4ff0dbb8bccc?upload=true.jpg

:)

klxdrt15, Sep 14, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 14, 2020
  4. recent updates that failed because I removed Edge several wks earlier

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

recent updates that failed because I removed Edge several wks earlier

1. recent updates that failed because I removed Edge several wks earlier - Similar Threads - recent updates failed

2. Windows failed to update several times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows failed to update several times: My PC, which is in the insider program, has failed to update multiple times. When I tried to install the latest release preview build, it gave me a 0x800f081f error. When I installed the beta update, it gave me 0x800f0905. When I checked the insider page it said I was on the...
  3. Windows failed to update several times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows failed to update several times: My PC, which is in the insider program, has failed to update multiple times. When I tried to install the latest release preview build, it gave me a 0x800f081f error. When I installed the beta update, it gave me 0x800f0905. When I checked the insider page it said I was on the...
  4. Recent update KB5017328 Fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update KB5017328 Fails: Hi, recent update of KB5017328 fails to update I tried the troubleshooter it says it fixed it and re run update but still same happens it goes through the download process to 100% and fails I also downloaded KB5017328 manually and still failsHope can get some help Thanks...
  5. Recent update KB5017328 Fails

Recent update KB5017328 Fails: Hi, recent update of KB5017328 fails to update I tried the troubleshooter it says it fixed it and re run update but still same happens it goes through the download process to 100% and fails I also downloaded KB5017328 manually and still failsHope can get some help Thanks...
  6. KB5016695 failed update several times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5016695 failed update several times: Several times over the past few days I have tried to update:2022-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5016695Each time it has failed and there is no way to circumvent this as far I could find.I couldn't find it to download from the catalog...
  7. KB5016695 failed update several times

KB5016695 failed update several times: Several times over the past few days I have tried to update:2022-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5016695Each time it has failed and there is no way to circumvent this as far I could find.I couldn't find it to download from the catalog...
  8. Login to the Windows PC failed because of a recent update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login to the Windows PC failed because of a recent update: Hello community,I've recently updates my Windows 10 Home laptop yesterday night and this morning I tried to sign in my laptop using the fingerprint as usual. I have been doing sign in using fingerprint cause its easy and that long time made me forgot the PIN, but for the...
  9. Windows updates and the removes the update because it didn't install correctly or failed to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates and the removes the update because it didn't install correctly or failed to...: My computer constantly installs Windows 10 updates only to then uninstall them seemingly every time. Any suggestions as to what to do and of course the uninstall always happens when I want to use the computer...
  10. Windows update removes earlier restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows update removes earlier restore points: Some earlier automatic Windows 10 updates removed all my earlier restore points and set the protection settings of the C: disk off. The recent Windows 10 update (Jan 29) again removed all my earlier restore points. This time the protection setting of my C: disk was still on,...