Windows 10: recent updates to windows ten progressively "killed" perfecty working three year old...

Discus and support recent updates to windows ten progressively "killed" perfecty working three year old... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About a month back, Windows aimed to automatically install an update on my then functioning perfectly (minus a freeze or so since then recent new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dlbrand, Nov 10, 2019.

1. dlbrand Win User

recent updates to windows ten progressively "killed" perfecty working three year old...

About a month back, Windows aimed to automatically install an update on my then functioning perfectly (minus a freeze or so since then recent new installed Norton –old software still on board, in brief…) Toshiba Satellite C70-C. Windows 10 OS. Model # PSCSEU-03P010.

During that attempted update, it froze solidly. Forced a hard shutdown to get out of freeze.

Since then, whenever I used the Laptop, unlike it had done before attempted update, now, each time I would leave it, all too soon, on its own, it began to shut down.

When I tried to address that irritating and unwanted issue, then, the time booted up waned, and soon, it failed to accept my password, then, even getting it to boot at all flat failed.

Local Tech believes it to be, most probably, motherboard.

My Question is this: is it worth attempting to repair it or is it just dead?

It is only 3 years old, my previous laptops last me near ten years, not so the Toshiba.
    Your advice is appreciated.

Reply Rep

:)

dlbrand, Nov 10, 2019
  2. jds63 Win User

Most Recent Windows 10 Update Killed Sound

What kind of speakers do you use and meaning it killed your speakers ? Maybe speaker connection is an issue, but most likely something with sound device settings or drivers. What exact steps have you tried. Anyone of filling in system specs here or listing them as it helps us more to help you.

jds63, Nov 10, 2019
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Nov 10, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

recent updates to windows ten progressively "killed" perfecty working three year old...

Windows 98 and ME no longer updatable...

Quite right, XP is still listed in technet. Win 98 unfortunately isn't. Windows 3.1 and 3.2 are listed though.

erocker, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

1. recent updates to windows ten progressively "killed" perfecty working three year old... - Similar Threads - recent updates ten

2. Windows 10 PC unused for three years, won't update.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 PC unused for three years, won't update.: I'v have a PC that been in store for 3 years now won't update. It says need critical security update. It shows looking for update but does not go any further....
  3. Ten-year-old computer: new memory worthwhile?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ten-year-old computer: new memory worthwhile?: Working on a ten-year-old system with original single-channel DDR3 1600 memory x 16GB. Comp seems to have a little trouble coping with memory-intensive work on multiple graphics, with many images in extended clipboard, and error messages pop up in editing software. All is...
  4. Update to windows ten killed my speaker and battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update to windows ten killed my speaker and battery: updated windows and both my speaker and batteries were killed ...and you have given me NO HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-windows-ten-killed-my-speaker-and/e90ae443-1e87-4842-94df-c3dd059af254
  5. Three recent BSoDs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Three recent BSoDs: Hi, there! A while ago I created this topic. Since then I decided to format my computer and start from the beginning. I did do that on the 20th. I once again used "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and "sfc /scannow" on the command prompt, I once again...
  6. Three year trial

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Three year trial: I was recently informed that I had downloaded a three year trial of Windows 10 in 2016. I can't remember if this was true or not. If it was, how long do I have to purchase Windows 10, & install it before I loose everything?...
  7. Recent major Windows ten update broke the os

Recent major Windows ten update broke the os: During a recent Windows update when it begins to restart the PC, after installing components, on re-boot it displayed an error message "Missing Operating System". System repair didnt work, backup and recovery didnt work, recorver from a system image didnt work all error...
  8. Recent Update Killed My Laptop

Recent Update Killed My Laptop: Hello, As with many other, the recent update has killed my laptop with Windows updated recently. Here is all I get after the update: I start my computer up. I get the black screen with the spinning circle for a period of time that is way longer than it should be. My...
  9. Recent Update Killed My Laptop

Recent Update Killed My Laptop: Hello, As with many other, the recent update has killed my laptop with Windows updated recently. Here is all I get after the update: I start my computer up. I get the black screen with the spinning circle for a period of time that is way longer than it should be. My...
  10. Most Recent Windows 10 Update Killed Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Most Recent Windows 10 Update Killed Sound: Hello all. I am running Windows 10 on a desktop PC. I downloaded the free update many weeks ago and it's been running very smoothly until recently. Yesterday, Windows 10 downloaded and installed a new update, after which my PC began running much slower on start-up, and my...