Windows 10: Recent Updates

Discus and support Recent Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So recently I received the update kb4512578 and it caused problems with my Windows Store app opening and then immediately crashing. It also did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SOMETHING DIF, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Recent Updates

So recently I received the update kb4512578 and it caused problems with my Windows Store app opening and then immediately crashing. It also did not allow Minecraft to stay open. Nor did it allow the Bible App by Olive Tree to open and to function. I spent multiple different sessions with Microsoft Techs on the phone and on the chat. Finally, we did, I did, a factory reset on my Galaxy Book 2. This fixed the issue until the automatic updates began to roll in. Once the updates were finished the before mentioned apps did not work. So I started the tedious process of uninstalling updates. Fortunately, the first one (kb4512578) was the culprit. I would highly recommend if you are having problems with your Windows 10 computer start by uninstalling this update and go from there.

On a side note why on earth is there not an option in Windows 10 home or s mode to disable automated updates without having to go into the service system and go through the hassle of stopping the service???

Anyway hope this helps!

:)

SOMETHING DIF, Sep 18, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Recent Updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 18, 2019
  3. Recently used items does not show after a recent Windows update

Hello Timothy,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

1) Did you make any recent changes to the computer?

2) Did you check if similar issues occur when logged in to the computer using a different user account?

3) Do you have any system restore point set prior to the issue?

To check if there is any Restore Point already created, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select System.

• In the left pane, click on System Protection.

• Select the option to system restore > next. It will show all restore points already created.

4) What is the particular Windows update you are referring to?

To do so, you need to check the settings through Windows update. Follow the below steps.
    • Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut Windows Key
      Recent Updates Windows_Key.png
      +
      I.
    • Click/tap Change PC settings.
    • Click on the Update and recovery and click on the View your update history.
    • You will now see a list of your installed Windows Updates. If you click on any one of the
      "Successfully installed on (date)" links

As an initial step towards troubleshooting, I suggest you to check if the 'recently used item' feature is hidden. If yes, uncheck the options. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on Taskbar and choose Properties.
    • Select the tab Start Menu.
    • Uncheck both the options for:

1) Store and display recently opened programs in the Start Menu

2) Store and display recently opened items in the Start Menu and the Task Bar
    • Also select a higher number recent items to display in Jump List

If the above does not apply, please follow the below suggested methods and check in case if it is a functionality issue in Windows.

Method 1

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Method 2

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 18, 2019
  4. slozomby Win User

Recent Updates

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Recent Updates

1. Recent Updates - Similar Threads - Recent Updates

2. Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320: I recently installed a Windows 11 update and afterwards my Bluetooth connected Poly Voyager 4320's mic stopped working. I can hear audio from the headset and the device shows it is connected in the different windows settings along with Cisco Jabber. But I can not get any...
  3. Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320: I recently installed a Windows 11 update and afterwards my Bluetooth connected Poly Voyager 4320's mic stopped working. I can hear audio from the headset and the device shows it is connected in the different windows settings along with Cisco Jabber. But I can not get any...
  4. The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...: The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones with 3.5mm audio jack, tried two of my headphones already and they work just fine everywhere else. However, when I try to connected via Bluetooth I can hear the sound just fine, seems to...
  5. The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...

The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...: The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones with 3.5mm audio jack, tried two of my headphones already and they work just fine everywhere else. However, when I try to connected via Bluetooth I can hear the sound just fine, seems to...
  6. The recent Windows 10 update broke my audio, I get no sound when I connect my headphones...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Unable to startup after a recent windows update, only a black screen and a cursor with a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to startup after a recent windows update, only a black screen and a cursor with a...: Hi,I have had trouble launching the Windows since I clicked "Shutdown&Update" yesterday. The first launch after the update was fine, but it crashed into a blue screen around 10 minutes after startup.Then, it auto-rebooted, but I only got a black screen and a cursor with a...
  8. Unable to startup after a recent windows update, only a black screen and a cursor with a...

Unable to startup after a recent windows update, only a black screen and a cursor with a...: Hi,I have had trouble launching the Windows since I clicked "Shutdown&Update" yesterday. The first launch after the update was fine, but it crashed into a blue screen around 10 minutes after startup.Then, it auto-rebooted, but I only got a black screen and a cursor with a...
  9. After recent updates MYOB Just invoices v1.2 will not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After recent updates MYOB Just invoices v1.2 will not work: Hi, I have been using a program called just Invoices for my business for approx 14 years, after a recent windows 10 update the program has stopped working and will not not load. The blue swirl icon spins as usual and then the program wont load. Everything else is working...
  10. After recent updates MYOB Just invoices v1.2 will not work

After recent updates MYOB Just invoices v1.2 will not work: Hi, I have been using a program called just Invoices for my business for approx 14 years, after a recent windows 10 update the program has stopped working and will not not load. The blue swirl icon spins as usual and then the program wont load. Everything else is working...