Windows 10: Recent upgrade is problematic

Discus and support Recent upgrade is problematic in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the last couple months windows update has failed. Last time I waited two days and it always gets stuck round 80%. Now I'm getting this mandatory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Laaj214, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Laaj214 Win User

Recent upgrade is problematic

For the last couple months windows update has failed. Last time I waited two days and it always gets stuck round 80%. Now I'm getting this mandatory pop up to upgrade every week to no avail. I have never had this problem before. Is it microsoft or my PC? Can we somehow opt out of this upgrade?

:)

Laaj214, Mar 19, 2019

2. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Mar 19, 2019
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Recent upgrade is problematic - Similar Threads - Recent upgrade problematic

2. PROBLEMATIC APP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PROBLEMATIC APP: I HAVE SOME ISSUE WITH APP ON MY PHONE THAT STUCKS ALL THE TIME ALSO WHEN I TRY TO SIGN IN WHAT CAN I DO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problematic-app/0c096e63-bc0b-4d5c-bdd3-2cb90d113c33
  3. PROBLEMATIC APP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PROBLEMATIC APP: I HAVE SOME ISSUE WITH APP ON MY PHONE THAT STUCKS ALL THE TIME ALSO WHEN I TRY TO SIGN IN WHAT CAN I DO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problematic-app/0c096e63-bc0b-4d5c-bdd3-2cb90d113c33
  4. PROBLEMATIC APP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Formatting a problematic W10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Formatting a problematic W10: I have an asus laptop with which I messed up and fails to restore to factory settings despite trying to troubleshoot it using various methods.I'd like to format it without re-installing windows or any OS, I just wanna wipe it clean as if I bought it without an OS.How do I do...
  6. Delay the problematic mandatory upgrade for a month?

Delay the problematic mandatory upgrade for a month?: Yes I do not want the new Windows 10 make upgrade until they fix the problems. I am on the road and do not have the time to be trying to fix it after it screws things up. I have disabled and it still starts up. I have prolonged it for a few days and it still appears it...
  7. Problematic computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problematic computer: Hi, I’ve been having a lot of problems with my computer lately. I was hoping you could help. It started out as a loop of blue screens of death which turned into a driver not found. My dad reset it to factory settings which made the computer work again, but today I got the...
  8. Recent upgrade

Recent upgrade: After recent update I now have an "activate Windows" watermark. My computer is a laptop that came with Windows pre-installed then I did the free upgrade to W10. I have no idea what the original product key was. Everything was fine until this last upgrade. The upgrade is also...
  9. problematic bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    problematic bitlocker: Hi, I have Samsung R540 and I recently locked one of my drive using bitlocker but after using it for sometime it wouldn't open and now it give me these message "the bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of windows. Try opening the drive using a...
  10. problematic bitlocker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problematic bitlocker: Hi, I have Samsung R540 and I recently locked one of my drive using bitlocker but after using it for sometime it wouldn't open and now it give me these message "the bitlocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of windows. Try opening the drive using a...