Windows 10: Recent upgrade to windows 10 Word will not stay open

Discus and support Recent upgrade to windows 10 Word will not stay open in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to windows 10 and I cannot access old word files nor can I open new ones I have received. It appears to open and quickly closes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Little#Red, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Recent upgrade to windows 10 Word will not stay open

I recently upgraded to windows 10 and I cannot access old word files nor can I open new ones I have received. It appears to open and quickly closes. I can see a note in yellow across the top of the page but it all quickly disappears.

:)

Little#Red, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2020
  3. esmorax Win User
    Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

Recent upgrade to windows 10 Word will not stay open [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Recent upgrade to windows 10 Word will not stay open

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Recent upgrade to windows 10 Word will not stay open

1. Recent upgrade to windows 10 Word will not stay open - Similar Threads - Recent upgrade Word

2. WINDOWS 10 SETTINGS WON'T STAY OPEN

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 SETTINGS WON'T STAY OPEN: Good morning - my Windows 10 on my desktop PC opens momentarily & then disappears from the screen so quickly that I can't use it, nor can I check for updates. Can anyone help me, please? Thanks, Geoff Walker...
  3. Word will not stay open. Opens but shuts back down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word will not stay open. Opens but shuts back down.: Trying to use Word. After clicking the icon Word opens and then immediately closes back down, won't remain open for use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-will-not-stay-open-opens-but-shuts-back-down/2edcc72d-fa0b-470e-8a43-333b81688cb0
  4. I can't open word after upgrading to windows 10

I can't open word after upgrading to windows 10: I can't open word after upgrading to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-word-after-upgrading-to-windows-10/632adf70-e199-4ce0-a1fd-a492c49b1b79
  5. Recent upgrade to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent upgrade to Windows 10.: Ran an update yesterday for Windows 10 and I can no longer use Google Chrome. I've tried downloading it again, but nothing happens when I try to access/run Chrome. No error messages, just ignores the run requests. Any ideas or helpful hints....
  6. My recent upgrade with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My recent upgrade with Windows 10: Dear Community team I do hope you can help me with a serious problem. Microsoft asked me to do an upgrade recently. While this was being carried out I was asked by Microsoft Do you wish to restore your programmes and other settings. I replied yes! I sat in front of my...
  7. Recently Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recently Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro: I was running Windows 7 Pro and recently (March 26/19) upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I had 2 Hard drives install, (C: - Disk 0), being the MBR and primary drive, and the other (D: - Disk 1) was an additional 320 GB that I was using as a storage for Backup and Restore purposes....
  8. Recent windows 10 upgrade issue

Recent windows 10 upgrade issue: My computer is set for automatic upgrade... Earlier this week. Windows 10 went thru an upgrade and now my screen will occasionally return to the Home screen while I am, viewing another screen view on the internet. I am not toughing any buttons on keyboard or using the...
  9. microsoft mail will not stay open in windows 10

microsoft mail will not stay open in windows 10: I get no error messages, but for some strange reason mail will not stay open. It opens for a second and then closes. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-mail-will-not-stay-open-in-windows-10/38c12978-3521-42e5-9be3-571b6a16615c
  10. After recent updates Word 2016 opens in half windows

in Microsoft Office and 365
    After recent updates Word 2016 opens in half windows: For the last few weeks Word 2016 opens in a small window on my 24" monitor. Even if I save a document in full window the program reopens in the smaller window. This has happened since the last two Office 2016 updates. The program is "up to date." Any clues?? Thanks very...