Windows 10: Recent upgrade

Discus and support Recent upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After recent update I now have an "activate Windows" watermark. My computer is a laptop that came with Windows pre-installed then I did the free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnthonyMerchant, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Recent upgrade

After recent update I now have an "activate Windows" watermark. My computer is a laptop that came with Windows pre-installed then I did the free upgrade to W10. I have no idea what the original product key was. Everything was fine until this last upgrade. The upgrade is also taking forever and seems to crash. Any ideas other than rolling back to my original Windows version?

:)

AnthonyMerchant, Nov 15, 2018
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Recent upgrade

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Recent upgrade

1. Recent upgrade - Similar Threads - Recent upgrade

2. BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP: I recently have had BSOD crashes frequently while using my PC to work on Adobe After Effects projects. A few weeks ago, I installed a 2tb Inland SSD after transferring my operating system and software files. I will get at least 3 or 4 BSOD crashes a day. Sometimes they will...
  3. BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP: I recently have had BSOD crashes frequently while using my PC to work on Adobe After Effects projects. A few weeks ago, I installed a 2tb Inland SSD after transferring my operating system and software files. I will get at least 3 or 4 BSOD crashes a day. Sometimes they will...
  4. BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I recently reinstalled windows. ! was running and purchase Windows 10!11 Pro upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently reinstalled windows. ! was running and purchase Windows 10!11 Pro upgrade.: I recently reinstalled windows, it is now Windows 11 home edition.. ! was running and purchase Windows 10 / 11 Pro upgrade. How do we remedy this? My order is visible in Microsoft accounts....
  6. I recently reinstalled windows. ! was running and purchase Windows 10!11 Pro upgrade.

I recently reinstalled windows. ! was running and purchase Windows 10!11 Pro upgrade.: I recently reinstalled windows, it is now Windows 11 home edition.. ! was running and purchase Windows 10 / 11 Pro upgrade. How do we remedy this? My order is visible in Microsoft accounts....
  7. recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on...: recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on my desktop shown when i start my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-i-upgrade-windows-10-to-11-after-that-a/c8309a5d-11fe-46fb-814f-18e25cf6726e
  8. recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on...

recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on...: recently i upgrade windows 10 to 11 . after that a problem your license will expire soon on my desktop shown when i start my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-i-upgrade-windows-10-to-11-after-that-a/c8309a5d-11fe-46fb-814f-18e25cf6726e
  9. I recently paid for Windows Pro upgrade and lost my CPU, can I move the Pro upgrade to my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently paid for Windows Pro upgrade and lost my CPU, can I move the Pro upgrade to my...: I paid to upgrade my Windows 10 home to Pro so I could use Sandbox. Later I found out my system could not run it. I bought a new computer with 11 Home to fix the issue, can I Move my pro upgrade? I just bought the upgrade and I feel like I was cheated now that I am in the...
  10. I recently paid for Windows Pro upgrade and lost my CPU, can I move the Pro upgrade to my...

I recently paid for Windows Pro upgrade and lost my CPU, can I move the Pro upgrade to my...: I paid to upgrade my Windows 10 home to Pro so I could use Sandbox. Later I found out my system could not run it. I bought a new computer with 11 Home to fix the issue, can I Move my pro upgrade? I just bought the upgrade and I feel like I was cheated now that I am in the...