Windows 10: Recent VOLUME STARTS AT ZERO issue with Lenovo Laptop and BT Speaker

Discus and support Recent VOLUME STARTS AT ZERO issue with Lenovo Laptop and BT Speaker in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings All, I have a new issue on a Lenovo laptop running the latest Windows 10 and Lenovo firmware bios drivers. The latter recently had an update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by The Pool Man, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Recent VOLUME STARTS AT ZERO issue with Lenovo Laptop and BT Speaker

Greetings All,

I have a new issue on a Lenovo laptop running the latest Windows 10 and Lenovo firmware bios drivers. The latter recently had an update and when it was done I've been finding my laptop's volume no longer where I left it.

This means I can be playing YouTube on my laptop speakers at half volume. I then turn on the Bluetooth speaker and I now hear nothing. Despite connecting. Why? The volume has been automatically reduced to ZERO. When I awake from sleep the same thing happens.

I'm posting this question because I want advice on where to start. Here? Lenovo's support? Drivers? I've looked online and haven't found this specific issue but variants of it.

(This reminded me of a similar issue I once had about a year ago. I had a different BT speaker, different laptop, and the PC would lower it's own volume automatically. Meaning if you raised it, you could watch it go right back down. My NEW issue is different in that once you raise the volume back up... it stays there. Until sleep.)

?

:)

The Pool Man, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Souvik93 Win User

Volume decreasing automatically in my Windows 10 Laptop recently

Hello All

I am facing an issue recently in my HP Windows 10 Laptop. The volume is automatically going down to zero and ultimately muting off even when the speaker is not in use. I have tried increasing the volume manually but it didn't help. The volume again goes
    down and mutes itself. I have read many posts over the internet and tried a lot of things from updating my driver to "Do Nothing" in Communications tab but nothing really helped. Please help me with some suggestions.

Thanks

Souvik

India

Souvik93, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Sierra247 Win User
    Need Help With Bluetooth Speaker, Issue is with volume control

I recently added windows 10 three weeks ago. Last week I got my Nogo F1 Portable Sd MP3 Bluetooth speaker to connect with no issue. I found the bluetooth settings and was able to get the computer to recognize, pair and connect. I then went into my sound
    settings (Volume Control) and it was there. I was able to set it to default and from then on when I would turn the computer off at night, then connect it the morning, the speaker would automatically connect with no issues.

This week has been nothing but a mess to get the speaker to work, and its a new speaker. I went into "More bluetooth options" and made sure "Allow bluetooth to find PC" was checked, along with all the other options below it checked, then I went into "Com Ports"
    and it is listed in the Add list. When the speaker is properly paired it gives off the sound that windows ten sounds off when anything is plugged in through the USB ports to my laptop. I then proceeded into my Volume control and at times, it will list it.
    As soon as I set it to default, it then disapears and the volume control automatically selects my laptops speakers as default since my Nogo speaker disappears off the list. I go back into bluetooth settings and it still is showing in the list and is paired.
    Yet it will no longer show up in my volume control.

I know there was a recent update I believe and ever since then, I can not get the speaker to work. I know the issue is not with the speaker because it works fine when I hook it up to my phone or any other device that recognizes bluetooth items.

I even shut down my computer. Turn the speaker off, then continue to restart my laptop, turn on the speaker and again it will connect then as soon as I try to set it to default in volume control, it will disappear for no reason, and it does not give off the
    sound when an item is disconnected from the laptop. I even made sure "Show disabled devices" and "Show disconnect devices" is checked under the volume control. It does nothing.

Any help would be much appreciate. My boyfriend (who is an IT tech) even tried to do recovery on my laptop where it goes back a few days encase something had changed. He set it back to 9/1/2015 and got it to work. Only thing is i set my laptop to sleep for
    a little bit, turned off the speaker. Then later in the evening I turned everyhting back on and its back to square one with issues with volume control.

Thank you for your time and any help would be much appreciated.

Sierra247, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Recent VOLUME STARTS AT ZERO issue with Lenovo Laptop and BT Speaker

Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Recent VOLUME STARTS AT ZERO issue with Lenovo Laptop and BT Speaker

1. Recent VOLUME STARTS AT ZERO issue with Lenovo Laptop and BT Speaker - Similar Threads - Recent VOLUME STARTS

2. Volume button stuck on zero

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume button stuck on zero: Hi there! I’ve recently come across an issue with my laptop where any key I press on my keyboard, the volume control pops up on the left side of the screen and freezes my touchpad and anything else I try to press. Whenever I try to Increase the volume it automatically goes to...
  3. Volume button stuck on zero

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume button stuck on zero: Hi there! I’ve recently come across an issue with my laptop where any key I press on my keyboard, the volume control pops up on the left side of the screen and freezes my touchpad and anything else I try to press. Whenever I try to Increase the volume it automatically goes to...
  4. Volume button stuck on zero

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Recent files is always zero

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent files is always zero: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vwev [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqsfzx/recent_files_is_always_zero/
  6. Automatically Speaker Volume goes to zero / mute

Automatically Speaker Volume goes to zero / mute: Irrespective of increase of the volume, it goes back to zero/mute. Tried all the options of the drivers, but still not resolved. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-speaker-volume-goes-to-zero-mute/bb6018dc-9bd9-4005-8c55-58e6598e7ad1
  7. Microphone and Speaker Issues BT

Microphone and Speaker Issues BT: Is there a way to use my Bluetooth headphones working as both an input 'Headset' and output 'Headphones'? I noticed that when using any voice application like Discord or Zoom, if I set the input to "Headset" and the output to "Headphones" output sounds are completely muted...
  8. Bluetooth speaker - volume control issue

Bluetooth speaker - volume control issue: Hi My speaker is Alfa link BTS 475. All used to work great, I was able to control volume from Windows, it was independent from the physical control on the speaker. Then I did update windows. but, i forgot the version of update. Now when i press button "volume up"...
  9. Bluetooth speaker volume adjustment issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth speaker volume adjustment issue: Hi everyone, I have just bought a new MSI PS63 8SC model. When not connecting to bluetooth speaker, volume adjustment work normally. But while I connect to a bluetooth speaker, if I adjust volume from 1 to 100, nothing change. Now I can have only 0mute or 100. I have...
  10. Speaker Levels settings are lost when volume is set to zero.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker Levels settings are lost when volume is set to zero.: My issue is exactly the same as in this post : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-winpc/speaker-balance-resets-when-volume-is-turned-down/d3331dcb-a788-4b30-8ccf-7b4175ad76fe I am setting custom levels for my speakers but as soon as I reduce...