Windows 10: Recent weird optional updates

Discus and support Recent weird optional updates in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I decided to look into windows updates. And on the optional updates tab I found this Advanced Micro Devices Inc - System - 5.12.0.38 And another amd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bstoica9904, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Recent weird optional updates

So I decided to look into windows updates. And on the optional updates tab I found this Advanced Micro Devices Inc - System - 5.12.0.38 And another amd thing What are these and why did they pop up?

submitted by /u/bstoica9904
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bstoica9904, Sep 25, 2020

2. Recently used items does not show after a recent Windows update

Hello Timothy,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

1) Did you make any recent changes to the computer?

2) Did you check if similar issues occur when logged in to the computer using a different user account?

3) Do you have any system restore point set prior to the issue?

To check if there is any Restore Point already created, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select System.

• In the left pane, click on System Protection.

• Select the option to system restore > next. It will show all restore points already created.

4) What is the particular Windows update you are referring to?

To do so, you need to check the settings through Windows update. Follow the below steps.
    • Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut Windows Key
      Recent weird optional updates Windows_Key.png
      +
      I.
    • Click/tap Change PC settings.
    • Click on the Update and recovery and click on the View your update history.
    • You will now see a list of your installed Windows Updates. If you click on any one of the
      "Successfully installed on (date)" links

As an initial step towards troubleshooting, I suggest you to check if the 'recently used item' feature is hidden. If yes, uncheck the options. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on Taskbar and choose Properties.
    • Select the tab Start Menu.
    • Uncheck both the options for:

1) Store and display recently opened programs in the Start Menu

2) Store and display recently opened items in the Start Menu and the Task Bar
    • Also select a higher number recent items to display in Jump List

If the above does not apply, please follow the below suggested methods and check in case if it is a functionality issue in Windows.

Method 1

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Method 2

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 25, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Recent weird optional updates

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Recent weird optional updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Recent weird optional updates

1. Recent weird optional updates - Similar Threads - Recent weird optional

2. Weird recent Windows behaviour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird recent Windows behaviour: Hi! I am having 2 issues that i am actively dealing with.I would be happy if anyone could help me here. I provided the .dmp belowIssue 1: high priorityRecently i noticed my games crashing way more often than they normally would Transport Fever 2 crashes on a regular basis but...
  3. Weird recent Windows behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird recent Windows behaviour: Hi! I am having 2 issues that i am actively dealing with.I would be happy if anyone could help me here. I provided the .dmp belowIssue 1: high priorityRecently i noticed my games crashing way more often than they normally would Transport Fever 2 crashes on a regular basis but...
  4. Weird recent Windows behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Recently been getting weird BSOD's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recently been getting weird BSOD's: Any ideas what could be wrong? Where can I get the memory dump file analyzed? I suspect Microsoft Teams being at fault, I always see this after the crash on event viewer:Thanks for the time!...
  6. Recent Windows 10 Optional Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent Windows 10 Optional Updates: Hello,I installed two OS updates yesterday as I was finishing my day. Today, I cannot open one of my essential software programs Act!. I uninstalled one of the updates, but my system is not allowing me to uninstall the second update. I still cannot open my software...
  7. Programs and system options broken after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs and system options broken after recent update: After restarting and applying the newest updates for Windows 10, I'm having a bunch of problems. Firefox closes itself not crashes after a few minutes of use, same with Settings after a few seonds. Malwarebytes and Bitdefender won't open at all, I haven't found anything else...
  8. Recent update(1903) has caused some weirdness

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recent update(1903) has caused some weirdness: Hello A recent update check has resulted in Windows 10 telling me I must renew my License key. I believe what has happened is the updater saw my College email as the email to use. This has resulted in an unintentional upgrade to Pro/Enterprise. I bought this machine used, and...
  9. Weird sound glitch after recent update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird sound glitch after recent update: So after the recent windows 10 update when i play a game any sound that is behind me gets very quiet. I know for a fact that its because of the update because when i reverted the update/did a system restore it was back to normal and when the update was installed after i shut...
  10. Weird font problem very recently

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird font problem very recently: Hello, I get this weird thing where I have a complete typeface installed but only one font weight is being recognized. This happened very recently and with random typefaces. I have no clue why and how, it never happened before. Here's the link to Youtube video so I don't...