Windows 10: Recent Win 10 Updates have affected Networking?

Discus and support Recent Win 10 Updates have affected Networking? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Win 10 updates KB4565351, KB4569751 and KB4569073 were installed yesterday and since then my WAN networking has stopped working, apparently due to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChrisChorey, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Recent Win 10 Updates have affected Networking?

Win 10 updates KB4565351, KB4569751 and KB4569073 were installed yesterday and since then my WAN networking has stopped working, apparently due to an ISSUE with the DNS Server. Both WiFi and Ethernet connections are affected.

I have already tried / ruled out:

1. The modem and access point are functioning fine, as two other computers and multiple other connected devices continue to operate normally

2. On the affected machine, both WiFi internal and Ethernet external USB3.0 Adapter are affected.

3. From the CMD Window I can ping the AP with no issue, on either WiFi or Ethernet connection

4. ... Attempting a ping to 8.8.8.8 through WiFi always times out verified that ping to this address works on other machines on this LAN

5. ... Attempting a ping to 8.8.8.8 through Ethernet works about 40% of the time, but times out the remaining 60%

6. I have tried these commands from the CMD shell with Admin access, to no effect:

netsh winsock reset

netsh ip reset

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

As a further note, ... the affected system is Dual Boot Mac OS / Win 10 via BootCamp, ... when booted to the Mac OS, ... WiFi networking works fine, ... so that also seems to indicate that the issue is within the Windows System.

Looking for a resolution, which would seem to involve the DNS server and /or the Networking stack

:)

ChrisChorey, Aug 13, 2020
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Aug 13, 2020
  3. m3110w Win User
    Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Aug 13, 2020
  4. adoornik Win User

Recent Win 10 Updates have affected Networking?

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

Thank you. Troubleshooter did not work. I ran all the listed commands in order and that also did not work.

None of the Windows 10 computers on my home network are on the network list of the Win 7 computer but the Lan connected windows 10 computer does show up on the Windows 7 computer network map.

Any other fixes suggestions would be appreciated?

adoornik, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Recent Win 10 Updates have affected Networking?

1. Recent Win 10 Updates have affected Networking? - Similar Threads - Recent Updates affected

2. Having issues with a recent update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having issues with a recent update.: Recently updated my PC now having issues with some games booting but crashing right away, others having major audio issues, and some running fine. I am also having issues with video play back. I have installed old drivers for gpu but it the issues are still occurring. I have...
  3. recent win 10 updates? windows home

in Windows 10 Support
    recent win 10 updates? windows home: I can tell windows to delay or stop updates but we know the omnipotent overlords at microsoft can overrule anything we say. the computer is not usually on the internet (also prevents viruses) i have to go on the internet to download new software. are there any recent updates...
  4. Was there an update to the Win 10 file structure , recently ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Was there an update to the Win 10 file structure , recently ?: I was working on building a new computer for my brother, that he hoped would still be a win 7 / Win 10 dual boot. The issue he had with his old PC was that if he opened Win 7, the first thing it would often do was to decide things were broken and scan and "fix" all the...
  5. WIN 10 KB4532693 - no adverse affects!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN 10 KB4532693 - no adverse affects!: WIN 10 KB4532693 failed the first time, but on second try, it installed with no problems or adverse affects. Desktop icons files, pics, etc., all still exist and view-able. Should I still uninstall it? Thank you, Craig...
  6. Win Defender (recent update)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win Defender (recent update): Last night I shut down and installed updates. Today it installed everything and I noticed windows defender is turned on and sitting in the taskbar now. I normally don't use defender I have Avast however I opened it up and thought I would check it out...It says last scan not...
  7. Wired home network has collapsed after recent Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired home network has collapsed after recent Win 10 update: For a long time I have had a very stable wired network of four PCs (and a fifth if I choose to add it) until the recent Win 10 update. Suddenly my network and workgroup have collapsed. One exception is my wife's PC, which I can see from my main office PC and, because a...
  8. Settings that affect the network?

Settings that affect the network?: When i upgraded to window 10,i had a problem with the internet.but back then, i didnt know how to fix it(it was a simple fix)so i managed to messed up some of the internet settings.can someone pls list some settings that effects your network so i can undo them?thanks in...
  9. Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch: Hi All, Running the latest version of Win 10 on an HP laptop. A few days ago I applied the latest Win 10 monthly patches. Now my Android hotspot wifi network is no longer appearing in my Win 10 Network list. (Android Nexus 5x running latest version of Android). I rebooted...
  10. latest win 10 updates affected startup programs

in Windows 10 Support
    latest win 10 updates affected startup programs: on 16/17th this month got a few windows updates, since then some of my startup items have become eratic, also i now have 3 startup folders [img] any help sorting this out, cheers 80130