Windows 10: Recent Win10 clean install having issues a month later

Discus and support Recent Win10 clean install having issues a month later in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I setup Windows 10 on clean install, on a new SSD for an emulation/gaming PC to keep in the living room. Running Version 1901 Win10 Pro It has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ONSFishing, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Recent Win10 clean install having issues a month later

I setup Windows 10 on clean install, on a new SSD for an emulation/gaming PC to keep in the living room.

Running Version 1901 Win10 Pro

It has been running fine, but 6 days or so ago my son mentioned it was acting weird and I have observed the following -

The Microsoft Store will open, but when I click on any app/game it immediately crashes. I followed a number of tutorials to reset the App Store and it's cache. When I logout and go to login, it gives a very generic error when connecting to Microsoft.

https://imgur.com/R6MyhGR

Under User Accounts I tried to add a secondary account, it crashes when attempting to connect to Microsoft.

Search does not work, I tried the fixes in the thread on /r/windows , but regedit.exe gives an error when trying to open.

I am unable to open anything related to the Microsoft Console (services.msc, compmgmt.msc, etc)

Windows Updates appears to work fine.

For the life of me I can't get any of the above to work, any suggestions before I wipe and do a fresh install?

TIA

submitted by /u/ONSFishing
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ONSFishing, Feb 22, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Looking For Win10 Pro Download for Clean Install

I recently performed the free upgrade from Win7 Home to Win10 Home. My computer has been slightly buggy ever since but nothing big. I just used the upgrade feature built in to win10 to purchase the upgrade to Win10 "pro". Here's my issue: this computer
    is overdue for a reformat and re-installation of Windows, and thus I do not wish to go through the upgrade procedure again; I want to perform a clean installation, but I am having great difficulty finding a download for the "pro" version of windows 10. Does
    it exist? If so, how can I get it? If not, any suggestions???

Gary D Olson RC, Feb 22, 2020
  4. JeffBB Win User

Recent Win10 clean install having issues a month later

Win10 clean install steps

• Client has laptop that came with Win8.1 (ASUS).
    • Does not have original Product Key though (on box, media, etc.). Copy is clean and has been activated.
    • From what I see, plan would be upgrading online to Win10 using upgrade app.
    • Activate.
    • Create Win10 install media (done previously).
    • Boot from that and do fresh install. (does this allow different partitioning of drives?)
    • Do I need activation key or how is that handled - now and in future if needed?

Thanks

JeffBB, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Recent Win10 clean install having issues a month later

1. Recent Win10 clean install having issues a month later - Similar Threads - Recent Win10 clean

2. Having issues with a recent update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having issues with a recent update.: Recently updated my PC now having issues with some games booting but crashing right away, others having major audio issues, and some running fine. I am also having issues with video play back. I have installed old drivers for gpu but it the issues are still occurring. I have...
  3. Windows 10 clean install is having issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 clean install is having issues.: I performed clean install of windows 10 on my C drive. After some errors and problems I was able to install. But when I restart my Laptop this Recovery window comes up. Then I press Esc some of the given options do not work then I enter bios setting. There I just press save...
  4. Issues with clean Win10 Install

Issues with clean Win10 Install: [IMG]I don’t know how to write this I’m not great with computers but this is currently where I’m at and I have no idea where to go from here. I used IBuyPowers guide to fixing “Reboot and select proper boot media, or insert a boot device” and everything was going well up...
  5. Issues with clean install

Issues with clean install: So I tried to clean install windows the resetting windows got stuck at 99%, eventually restarted but said could not delete everything. windowes install started but bugged out halfway through. now when I boot I gett windows installationj failed to start. My bios settign seem...
  6. Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue doing clean install from DVD on Win10: Okay, long story ahead, basically it all started after I swapped out my heat sink and applied new thermal paste due to bad CPU temps, paste hadn’t been changed in 4~ years so I deemed it appropriate. While I was doing this I also cleaned out my PC using compressed air, vacuum...
  7. having issues after recently updates on win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    having issues after recently updates on win10: 1. no volume during watching video, I found the ways to solve it, however, it doesn't work(sometimes it works for a while) 2. cannot type Chinese anymore(everywhere!) 3.Microsoft Edge doesnt work anymore 2019.09.15 all happened today. cant figure out why this all happened...
  8. Issue with Clean Install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue with Clean Install: Today i upgraded my mother board, cpu and ram to an asrock z170 K6, an i7 6700k, and 2x8n ddr4 ram and i am trying to do a clean install from a usb created with the media creation tool. I have made 3 usb's and have gotten multiple BSOD's and now i am at the point where the...
  9. Clean install Win10 with Update?

Clean install Win10 with Update?: I'm one of those people who generally does a clean install with every new major Windows release. The reason for this is general housekeeping: removing old software no longer needed, clearing out drivers and other files no longer used, etc. I'm curious how this sort of install...
  10. Clean Install on Another Computer a Year Later?

Clean Install on Another Computer a Year Later?: I poked around but could not find a clear answer for this scenario. What I found is that if you upgrade during the first year, it is linked to your hardware. But lets say next year I want to get a new computer. I previously purchased the retail version of Win7 Pro. So I...