Windows 10: recent Win10 update - computer is now a brick

Discus and support recent Win10 update - computer is now a brick in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dell Inspiron15 laptop received a recent Windows 10 update. On required restart, we were returned to a blank screen - no icons/cursor...just blank.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikePagano_417, Feb 18, 2020.

1. recent Win10 update - computer is now a brick

Dell Inspiron15 laptop received a recent Windows 10 update. On required restart, we were returned to a blank screen - no icons/cursor...just blank. Waited an hour in case it was working in the background...nothing. Tried rebooting again, and still a blank screen. I rebooted in recovery mode shift/restart and tried all of the recovery options there. Auto repair of startup didn't work it said it couldn't repair startup problem, tried to restore to a previous saved point - and it just came back to the blank screen tried for several restore points - same result. Tried to repair the installation, first keeping the files said it couldn't restore the installation, then tried the 2nd option not keeping personal files. That last option seemed to work - it got to a reboot screen, but then said there was a error missing file...I didn't note which unfortunately. I tried again, and this time, it just came back to a blank screen again.

Now desperate and reading various help blogs, we tried to create an install disk with Windows Media Creation tool. I just ran that and it said it can't install on Drive 0 Partition 1 there used to be other partitions on there...no ideal where they went!.

So is there a way to get windows back and restore this brick to pre-update condition?

:)

MikePagano_417, Feb 18, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Toothless Win User

recent Win10 update - computer is now a brick

Win10 updates

Which Windows updates in 8.1 where the gateway to installing Win10? I've ALWAYS had update as a "check but let me decide" basis however I woke up to this.

recent Win10 update - computer is now a brick [​IMG]

With a bunch more (even AMD 7900 drivers, like wtf)

I'm trying to avoid the Win10 shitfest but good lord what has Microsoft done.

Toothless, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

recent Win10 update - computer is now a brick

1. recent Win10 update - computer is now a brick - Similar Threads - recent Win10 update

2. new update computer now seems bricked please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new update computer now seems bricked please help: So I just the latest windows 11 up. The one that came out Tuesday. Now after it just restarted, I have nothing. I have no keyboard, mouse, no display the only thing that it is been doing is ALL of the fans are at high speed. When either pulling the plug or holding the power...
  3. new update computer now seems bricked please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new update computer now seems bricked please help: So I just the latest windows 11 up. The one that came out Tuesday. Now after it just restarted, I have nothing. I have no keyboard, mouse, no display the only thing that it is been doing is ALL of the fans are at high speed. When either pulling the plug or holding the power...
  4. Updates Bricks Computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates Bricks Computers: Since November i've had at least 10 laptops get stuck when booting, after a restart it starts diagnosing for hours and when that fails and i got the the recovery environment i cant pick any of the options, whether it's command prompt or reverting updates or using a different...
  5. Updates Bricks Computers

Updates Bricks Computers: Since November i've had at least 10 laptops get stuck when booting, after a restart it starts diagnosing for hours and when that fails and i got the the recovery environment i cant pick any of the options, whether it's command prompt or reverting updates or using a different...
  6. Updates Bricks Computers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Latest Windows update bricked my computer. What now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows update bricked my computer. What now?: My computer has been working PERFECTLY... just until the last Windows update. Immediately after the update the computer rebooted into Windows Recovery. I tried Uninstall Updates, but it would not allow me to proceed. Eventually I used System Restore, but after half of a day...
  8. Latest Windows update bricked my computer. What now?

Latest Windows update bricked my computer. What now?: My computer has been working PERFECTLY... just until the last Windows update. Immediately after the update the computer rebooted into Windows Recovery. I tried Uninstall Updates, but it would not allow me to proceed. Eventually I used System Restore, but after half of a day...
  9. recent win10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recent win10 update: I have a Dell 2017 Latitude 3580 that won't boot up after the latest update. Is there a fix for this or do I have to pay for it myself? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-win10-update/279f40a0-9e84-459c-9cbd-29742700b3c8
  10. recent win10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recent win10 update: I have a Dell 2017 Latitude 3580 that won't boot up after the latest update. Is there a fix for this or do I have to pay for it myself? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-win10-update/279f40a0-9e84-459c-9cbd-29742700b3c8