Windows 10: Recent Win10 Update Corrupted Memory?

Discus and support Recent Win10 Update Corrupted Memory? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop running Windows 10 which has not had any issues and has been working fine until a recent Win10 update. It automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NCM985, Feb 20, 2021.

1. NCM985 Win User

Recent Win10 Update Corrupted Memory?

I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop running Windows 10 which has not had any issues and has been working fine until a recent Win10 update. It automatically started a Win10 update when it was turned on earlier this week which proceeded successfully, said it was 100% complete and it went to sleep. When I tried to use it a little while later it would not wake back up and I had to hold the power button for a while to get it to reboot. It successfully booted and allowed me to login to Windows but then it started blue screening.

I went into the Windows recovery environment /troubleshooting mode during the windows boot process and tried several of the various troubleshooting options including rolling back the update and trying to run disk checks and memory scans but it blue screens in the middle of all of these. I was finally able to launch mdsched.exe using the command prompt option in the troubleshooting environment most of the blue screens were pointing to memory related errors and it detects hardware problems and then freezes around 8-10% of the way through both times I tried it. I've tried doing a full PC / Windows Reset from the troubleshooting environment but it blue screens during the early part of this process as well. I downloaded a memory testing program memtest86 and booted to a USB device with it to do a more detailed scan of the memory but it detects so many errors 10,288 that the test fails so it seems that the memory is corrupted or damaged. Is there anything else worth trying to recover the system or is it not recoverable? The RAM is soldered to the motherboard so its not easily replaceable.

:)

NCM985, Feb 20, 2021
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Feb 20, 2021
  3. explorer.exe corrupted

Hello,

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing system files.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Step 2: Run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Run Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Memory Diagnostic
    • Select Windows Memory Diagnostics
      and click on Restart now and check for problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Try all the above mentioned steps and update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Recent Win10 Update Corrupted Memory?

[Win10]Memory leak?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate you for showing interest in Windows 10 and we are glad to assist you.

I suggest you to stop the game from the Task Manager and run the Windows Memory Diagnostic.

Follow the below steps to run Windows Memory Diagnostic:

• Type memory diagnostic in the search bar and click on the
      Windows Memory Diagnostic.

• Click on Restart now and check for the problems (Recommended).

If you need any further assistance with Windows then let us know. We would be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Recent Win10 Update Corrupted Memory?

1. Recent Win10 Update Corrupted Memory? - Similar Threads - Recent Win10 Update

2. Memory corruption BSOD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory corruption BSOD?: My computer has recently been crashing randomly and giving BSODs, and the minidump files indicate that ntkrnlmp.exe is at fault. I think this may be due to memory corruption and maybe drivers.I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool and it detected no problems as seen in...
  3. recent win10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recent win10 update: I have a Dell 2017 Latitude 3580 that won't boot up after the latest update. Is there a fix for this or do I have to pay for it myself? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-win10-update/279f40a0-9e84-459c-9cbd-29742700b3c8
  4. recent win10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recent win10 update: I have a Dell 2017 Latitude 3580 that won't boot up after the latest update. Is there a fix for this or do I have to pay for it myself? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-win10-update/279f40a0-9e84-459c-9cbd-29742700b3c8
  5. recent win10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. BSOD AND no recent WIN10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD AND no recent WIN10 updates: I get a BSOD restart Memory management and 0xc0000005 error and resets to ALL previous states no uninstalls, no new downloads, etc.. Can't do recent Windows updates Malicious Software Removal Too Error 0x800b0003 and Win10 Security Update: Error 0x8009200d . Have tried to...
  7. Memory corruption BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory corruption BSOD: I've been running into the BSOD last few days and from what i've managed to find, it's a memory corruption issue. I've not been able to notice any patterns in particular when these crashes happen either. I did however take a look at my MEMORY.DMP file with a friend but I'm a...
  8. Win10 Updates massive corrupt

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Updates massive corrupt: Security Intelligence-Update für Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.327.47.0 Wird heruntergeladen – 42% 2020-10 Vorschau auf kumulatives Update für .NET Framework 3.5 und 4.8 für Windows 10 Version 2004 für x64 KB4580419 Wird heruntergeladen – 18%...
  9. Memory card not reading after recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory card not reading after recent update: After a recent windows ten update, my memory card will not read. According to my reader, it is blocke by Windows.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-card-not-reading-after-recent-update/26804cb5-56d6-4160-9fef-662ecc900a41
  10. Memory Corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Corruption: I've come to my computer several times in the last few months to find that it has restarted. Looking in event viewer I see that it wasn't expected. Each time I've found an error similar to the following: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000c4...