Windows 10: Recent Win10 update removed HDMI supported audio formats

Discus and support Recent Win10 update removed HDMI supported audio formats in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, My windows 10 pc recently updated itself and I lost some HDMI audio functionality. When you click on the little speaker icon on the lower... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bigbwb, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Bigbwb Win User

Recent Win10 update removed HDMI supported audio formats

Hey guys,
    My windows 10 pc recently updated itself and I lost some HDMI audio functionality. When you click on the little speaker icon on the lower right side of your screen and choose playback devices. My Yamaha HDMI received is the default device and under properties, it used to display under supported formats, all of the latest Hi Def codecs like Dolby TrueHD, DTS-MA, etc. Those are now all missing. I just get the legacy ones. They were working perfectly prior to this week! I have not done any other changes. It looks like windows downloaded a Intel graphics HD driver and I also tried the latest Nvidia graphics/HD audio drivers with same result.

I cannot get the missing codecs back! I need them for Blu-ray file playback via Kodi media server.

any help would be awesome!

Thanks,

:)

Bigbwb, Sep 23, 2016
  2. kjl1956 Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade HDMI Not Working

code 43, 45 and others win10 states the device reports a problem.

The problem is not with the hardware but MS drivers, how they are

prioritizing MS drivers and dropping or blocking oem drivers.

Posted this issue with audio drivers, video cards-chips etc.

On the feedback hub it a MS engineer admitted a change in the audio

endpoint was changed on 1607 thus braking DD,DTS and hdmi audio.

Hdmi audio is routed through a video device so removing or changing one

can change the other.

Insiders do the work, MS puts out faulty drivers.

And do not tell me it is the oem makers fault for not making a win10

driver, because a win10 driver does not work if MS blocks it.

kjl1956, Sep 23, 2016
  3. Dean Burt Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 on a Crashed PC

I had issues with my Windows 10 with a 3rd party software not working after a recent update. The HDMI sound or audio quick working when I installed the HDMI cord for a karaoke show. I lost the audio on my mini audio jack only while the HDMI was hooked up.
    If I removed the HDMI cord, audio returned to my mini jack. The problem is that now I did not have video for everyone to watch for our show.

So I restored it to 16 days prior to update and now I have a blue screen that has four options to restart. None of those will restart. I am down and out without purchasing another windows 10 iso disc or is there another way to restart the window 10. Help-
    Anxious

Dean Burt, Sep 23, 2016
  4. Nate79 Win User

I have noticed dts does not work with wmp after the anniversary update. I tried with both optical and hdmi cable.

Nate79, Sep 24, 2016
  5. Bigbwb Win User
    Darn windows updates! Any solutions or suggestions? I tried everything!

Bigbwb, Sep 25, 2016
  6. Nate79 Win User
    Just hoping for an update

EDIT>
    I noticed the ms stock video player plays dts now.

Nate79, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Recent Win10 update removed HDMI supported audio formats - Similar Threads - Recent Win10 update

2. recent win10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recent win10 update: I have a Dell 2017 Latitude 3580 that won't boot up after the latest update. Is there a fix for this or do I have to pay for it myself? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-win10-update/279f40a0-9e84-459c-9cbd-29742700b3c8
  3. recent win10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recent win10 update: I have a Dell 2017 Latitude 3580 that won't boot up after the latest update. Is there a fix for this or do I have to pay for it myself? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-win10-update/279f40a0-9e84-459c-9cbd-29742700b3c8
  4. recent win10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 HDMI audio format problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 HDMI audio format problem: Using Nvidia GPU over HDMI to an AVR, on W10 it was possible to right click the taskbar audio icon to easily switch between stereo, 5.1, 7.1 and Atmos - this very useful shortcut has been removedAlso if I go to sound output <device> on the new W11 settings panel I can see...
  6. Windows 11 HDMI audio format problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 HDMI audio format problem: Using Nvidia GPU over HDMI to an AVR, on W10 it was possible to right click the taskbar audio icon to easily switch between stereo, 5.1, 7.1 and Atmos - this very useful shortcut has been removedAlso if I go to sound output <device> on the new W11 settings panel I can see...
  7. BSOD AND no recent WIN10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD AND no recent WIN10 updates: I get a BSOD restart Memory management and 0xc0000005 error and resets to ALL previous states no uninstalls, no new downloads, etc.. Can't do recent Windows updates Malicious Software Removal Too Error 0x800b0003 and Win10 Security Update: Error 0x8009200d . Have tried to...
  8. Recent update, no audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recent update, no audio: as it says. year old computer. after update it tells me that is no audio hardware present. rebooted computer 5 times, nothing. used the trouble shooter, no response. the jack doesnt work. It is as if the update deleted the entire existance of the hardware. nada....
  9. HDMI and audio

HDMI and audio: Hi So i decided i wanted to watch a long video from my laptop to my tv so i connected the hdmi cable into my laptop like i always do but when i pressed play no audio came out of the tv so looked up on this and apparently i have to switch my default settings to the tv...
  10. HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio

HDMI Converter to HDMI, Audio + Optical Audio: Hi there Brilliant little device for passing HDMI (less HDCP !!) plus RCA L, R Audio and 5.1 Optical Audio (SPDIF). Switchable audio pass thru,, 2Ch, 5.1 ch. (Max HDMI input is 1080p so won't work for your 4K huge TV's though) - still an excellent little device for those...