Windows 10: Recent Window Update - Guest Mode

Discus and support Recent Window Update - Guest Mode in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Few days back, Windows auto updated the OS. And when it rebooted, it went into a clean desktop (as if its a new User) I thought window wiped... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by aircon, Oct 3, 2016.

1. aircon Win User

Recent Window Update - Guest Mode

Few days back, Windows auto updated the OS. And when it rebooted, it went into a clean desktop (as if its a new User)

I thought window wiped everything, and had store an important document on this guest profile desktop. After some itune updates, and rebooted. it show my original profile again. now i cant access that important document on the guest profile desktop. Googled some info, most sites said the guest profile cant be accessed. Tried searching c:\users\ and also used the search function on the entire drive to no avail.

Recent Window Update - Guest Mode [​IMG]

As you can see there is a guest profile under my original profile but clicking it only went back to the main page where i can only sign in my original profile. Can anyone help?

:)

aircon, Oct 3, 2016

2. Hyper-V functionality

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit flavor on my PC. I have recently tried to give the Hyper-V a go and I have installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit as a guest. By default, Enhanced Session Mode was available in Hyper-V Settings both to the Server and the User;
    I checked them. I started the guest and the enhanced mode was on. However, when I added RemoteFX to my guest OS, the enhanced session mode was no more. Is it by design that when you add RemoteFX to your guest Os, the enhanced session mode is turned off? If
    RemoteFX enhances your experience with a virtual machine (and it does), then why ENHACED session mode gets turned off?

Andrzej Flaga

AndrzejFlaga, Oct 3, 2016
  3. Guest Mode

Guest account feature has been removed from Windows 10. Those who were able to create a Guest account prior to the update will still have the option, however, it might not work properly.

Can you also confirm if you already tried to disable Guest mode on your computer using the steps I've provided?

Keep us updated.

Ruizell Rey, Oct 3, 2016
  4. aircon Win User

Looks like MS support couldn't solve this as well after all the troubleshooting on remote aceess. they suggested a system restore.

aircon, Oct 3, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    Unless the Guest account is Enabled it does not store any files on the computer.
    If your user profile was corrupted or had a hard time loading, Windows would load the Default Windows profile, or Guest account. This would allow the computer to boot and to load so you could troubleshoot your profile. It is not permanent. You should never save any files in this profile. When the computer restarts, it purges the computer of any saved files to keep the profile clean for the next time it is needed.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Recent Window Update - Guest Mode - Similar Threads - Recent Window Update

2. How to reset windows in guest mode without losing windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset windows in guest mode without losing windows: I am not able to acces my main account and only my guest account. I am not able to reset windows with the normal method in guest mode so how do I reset it. I am okay with losing all of my data except windows....
  3. How to reset windows in guest mode without losing windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset windows in guest mode without losing windows: I am not able to acces my main account and only my guest account. I am not able to reset windows with the normal method in guest mode so how do I reset it. I am okay with losing all of my data except windows....
  4. How to reset windows in guest mode without losing windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Guest Mode logistics

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Guest Mode logistics: Ok hope I haven't typo'd this or made it ambiguous. But I'm interested in buying a Wifi device that says it can operate in one of multi-modes of 802.11b/g/n, AP/Client/Bridge/Repeater. It says in AP mode it connects via ethernet (wired). And in Repeater mode it can connect...
  6. How to always open Chrome in Guest Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to always open Chrome in Guest Mode in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [IMG]Google Chrome offers Guest mode in its browser, which is useful if you want to give someone temporary access on your computer. The advantage is that nothing is tracked, except if they sign in to some services. While Chrome Guest [...] This post How to always...
  7. Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows How to Create Google Chrome Guest Mode Shortcut in Windows While browsing in Guest mode in Google Chrome, you won't see or change any other Chrome profile's info. When you exit Guest mode, your browsing...
  8. Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome: How to: Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome How to Open and Close Guest Mode window in Google Chrome While browsing in Guest mode in Google Chrome, you won't see or change any other Chrome profile's info. When you exit Guest mode, your browsing activity is...
  9. Stuck in guest account in safe mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck in guest account in safe mode: Hi all, I was having problem with the start menu and cortana that won't show up. Based on the internet, i was told to use msconfig to reboot my pc to safemode. Apparently, after i went to safe mode, the problem seems not changing, so i repeated the steps, but this time...
  10. Stuck in Guest mode in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck in Guest mode in Windows 10: Hi everyone, I upgraded to Windows 10 recently and just realized that I was in guest mode only. I can't install anything (cmd in admin mode), downgrade to Windows 7, restore, or do anything. There is no Administrator account, only my local guest account, and everytime I...