Windows 10: Recent Windows 10 problem... at first I thought I had a virus...

Discus and support Recent Windows 10 problem... at first I thought I had a virus... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Still trying to figure out the problems... I've had this Lenovo computer (bought new) since July 2016. In the last year, it has started 'stealing'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FreeLanceFarmServices, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Recent Windows 10 problem... at first I thought I had a virus...

Still trying to figure out the problems...

I've had this Lenovo computer (bought new) since July 2016.

In the last year, it has started 'stealing' my cursor.... like I'll be in the middle of typing something in word or in an email or search bar and boom the system takes control and now I'm positioned elsewhere. I've been dealing with that problem and it's not been bad enough to drastically impact my productivity.

But now, in the past week or so, I've progressively experienced problems with tasks/functions/operations being generated without my initiation... for example...

1) typing an email or word docs and another window opens or a pop up shows wanting to translate the page or bookmark the page which I then have to remove or close. Usually the windows that open are from apps I already have open.

2) I'll be trying to cut/paste something and another app/task/function opens, or the window I'm in suddenly resizes.

3) the clincher was my print screen app quit having access to the prtscr button on my keyboard and now it's just the defaulted print screen that has zero functionality. Because of the aforementioned problems, I got a new virus software, ran scans, rebooted, and that's when the print screen app (I use light shot) quit working. I re-downloaded the LS app but that has not worked.

At this point, I can barely even type this message because the system keeps repositioning my cursor elsewhere and resizing and opening my windows. I need to be able to work and just about can't.

:)

FreeLanceFarmServices, Mar 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 13, 2019
  4. slozomby Win User

Recent Windows 10 problem... at first I thought I had a virus...

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Recent Windows 10 problem... at first I thought I had a virus...

1. Recent Windows 10 problem... at first I thought I had a virus... - Similar Threads - Recent problem thought

2. I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...: I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save anything in a program and then progressed rapidly to destroying windows and ended up with my bios being destroyed all in the space of ten minutes. I tried doing a rollback to an earlier...
  3. I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...: I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save anything in a program and then progressed rapidly to destroying windows and ended up with my bios being destroyed all in the space of ten minutes. I tried doing a rollback to an earlier...
  4. I just had a virus, at least I think it was a virus that first wouldn't let me save...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. i had a automatic virus popup

i had a automatic virus popup: i have had a virus pop up and try to download itself it was a trojan under the name "your file is ready to download" i cancelled from the edge tab when you download something it lets you press an X and it cancels the download i and couldnt find any trace of it on my pc im...
  6. I had snake virus.

I had snake virus.: I had snake virus and i recover my pc and when i oogged into my microsoft account i get messege that on my google account is suspicyus works. Is it normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-had-snake-virus/472858cc-fd9e-4a8e-b4a4-ac715c1c6421
  7. I recently had problems with a hacker.

I recently had problems with a hacker.: I was checking settings and what- not on my PC when in windows defender there is a trtuck load of apps that are allowed through the firewall. I didnt put them there, so should they be there at all> I also have installed Malwarebytes so would this protect me of these allowed...
  8. Windows 10 Update, I thought it was free?! I downloaded back when it first released but it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update, I thought it was free?! I downloaded back when it first released but it...: As the title States I updated to Windows 10 on a gaming rig my friend helped me build seeing as I'm not really a computer guy, my computer had so many problems it could barely function, using help I was able to roll back the update and was super reluctant to touch 10 again,...
  9. USB wired Mouse not working when I deleted Windows 10 because I thought I had a virus.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB wired Mouse not working when I deleted Windows 10 because I thought I had a virus.: USB wired Mouse not working when I deleted Windows 10 because I thought I had a virus. I reinstalled WIndows 10 and theUSE wired mouse has stopped working, every thing else is good. The mouse works fine on another laptop????...
  10. I recently had a trojan virus and cant install anything of windows store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I recently had a trojan virus and cant install anything of windows store.: I can't install anything and every time I try it says: "couldn't be installed". It says error code: 0x80070424 many thanks in advance, Ben....