Windows 10: Recent Windows 10 update Audio Issues (Headphones)

Discus and support Recent Windows 10 update Audio Issues (Headphones) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I just recently got the new windows 10 update a few days ago and when I turned on my computer the next day my audio driver was completely missing. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by charlene621, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Recent Windows 10 update Audio Issues (Headphones)

So I just recently got the new windows 10 update a few days ago and when I turned on my computer the next day my audio driver was completely missing. I looked at some tutorials and managed to download the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver from the Realtek website yesterday and it worked fine for that day. Today however, the audio plays out of both the speakers and through the headphones when they are plugged in. When I look at "sounds" there is only a speaker and microphone set to default but no headphones in sight. I can't go into the Realtek HD Audio Manager either as It didn't open within the Realtek program files and it's not located in my control panel either. I've tried enabling and disabling the speaker(I don't have an enhancements tab for the speaker also), uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver, I've reset this computer more times than I can count and it still doesn't work. I've also tried downloading the audio drivers designated for my computer from the hp website and every time I try to set it up it gives me an "Install Realtek Audio Driver Failure" error code: [-0001]. I couldn't do a system restore because unbeknownst to me it was automatically disabled before hand. At that point I was at my wits end so I backed up my files and reset the pc (apps and files included) and I still have the same issue! I literally just want to use my headphones without the speakers outside the computer playing as well. Is there anyway I could solve this myself or should I just give up and bring it to a technician?

:)

charlene621, Oct 13, 2018

2. Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the above issue.

Please reply:

• Did you check if your headphones work on other device?
    • Did you check if your headphone drivers are detected under Device manager?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting the same headphones to another computer. If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to check if the headphone drivers are detected under Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the headphone drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    Headphones, microphone issue.

Hi Alise,

This issue may be due to driver compatibility. We'd like to ask additional information to better assist you. Please answer the following:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this?
    • Have you tried using a different headphone to isolate the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you set the headphone as the default device on your computer. Here's how:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound.
    • Choose Headphones and click Set default button at the bottom.
    • In some cases, there is no headphone option alone, but Speakers/Headphone. If that’s the case, select that and click
      Set default button at the bottom.
    • Press OK.

If the issue persists, then you can update your driver by following the steps
    here

Feel free to respond if the provided steps work for you.

Joan Pin, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Recent Windows 10 update Audio Issues (Headphones)

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Recent Windows 10 update Audio Issues (Headphones)

1. Recent Windows 10 update Audio Issues (Headphones) - Similar Threads - Recent update Audio

2. Audio - Headphone Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio - Headphone Issue: Hello, I am using an ACER PC. When I connect my headphone jack of 3.5 mm in my PC, the PC shows the option of Headset / Headphone / Line In / Mic In / Speaker Out. When I choose headphone , all audio from youtube or speaker comes through headphone but when I join a meeting on...
  3. Audio - Headphone Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio - Headphone Issue: Hello, I am using an ACER PC. When I connect my headphone jack of 3.5 mm in my PC, the PC shows the option of Headset / Headphone / Line In / Mic In / Speaker Out. When I choose headphone , all audio from youtube or speaker comes through headphone but when I join a meeting on...
  4. Audio - Headphone Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Audio/Headphone Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio/Headphone Issues: Hello, after a recent update my headphones have been acting up. The right speaker will simply not play. I've tried it on my other devices and the headphones work fine. Unfortunately they are the only pair I have, so I couldn't test another one to see if the issue is tied to...
  6. Headphone audio issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphone audio issue: Headphones mute all other noise when I join a call. If I join a discord voicechat or a hangouts call for example, I can't hear any audio from outside the call. This is a similar problem to...
  7. Audio issue after recent windows update

Audio issue after recent windows update: After the most recent update I have been experiencing an audio issue where even though my default sound output is set to my speakers and the system sounds is set to use the default unable to change that anymore apparently? the sound is still being routed to my Arctis 7...
  8. Headphones/audio issues

Headphones/audio issues: Video playback is only going through speakers, will not play through headphones. received test notes through headphones, so they do work, how do I fix video playback to work properly?...
  9. Audio Issues After Recent Updates

Audio Issues After Recent Updates: So I am using my surface pro docking station to run my speaker on and several times each day the Audio goes silent. I have ran the troubleshooter, restarted the services several times and always still have to restart my unit. I have even tried uninstalling the driver and...
  10. Audio issues with headphone

Audio issues with headphone: This only happens with headphones plugged in whenever I pause a video after a minute there will be a pop sound in the left ear; when I hit play the pop sound happens again and there's no sound for 2-3 seconds and then it comes in. I changed the driver from realtek to the...