Windows 10: Recent windows 10 update Battery problems HP laptop

Discus and support Recent windows 10 update Battery problems HP laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since the last windows 10 update the battery whilst showing 94% as soon as you disconnect the power out the computer shuts down. I have run all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnHedger, May 14, 2020.

1. Recent windows 10 update Battery problems HP laptop

Since the last windows 10 update the battery whilst showing 94% as soon as you disconnect the power out the computer shuts down. I have run all the diagnostics suggested and everything comes back okay. I have also ran HPs battery diagnostic and that comes back okay also. Any help would be welcome.

:)

JohnHedger, May 14, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, May 14, 2020
  3. 24C
    24c Win User
    HP Laptop battery ?

I recently bought an: HP ENVY x360 Convertible - 15aq193ms - Laptop - with a: 3-cell, 43-Wh, 2.83-Ah, Li-ion battery - according the Manual.
    I am not 100% sure on the battery, since I cannot find the exact model I have listed anywhere. I bought it at the local MS store.

I use this more as desktop than a laptop and am trying to find out if leaving it plugged in all the time will ruin the battery. Googling the situation gave me both "yes" and "no" answers - God Bless Google - Recent windows 10 update Battery problems HP laptop :)

I had an older HP laptop, with a battery that snapped in/out and was told not to leave the battery in if it was plugged in all the time - I didn't and all is well

I have a Surface Pro 3 - which has been plugged in since I got it over 2 years ago - all is well with this too.

Now I'm back to the HP ENVY - anybody know if leaving it plugged in will screw up the battery?

4. Recent windows 10 update Battery problems HP laptop

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi Yaqub,

Thanks for the advise.

I have reinstalled the batteries ACPI in device manager about 5 times, but with no success.

Have also ran all updates, including bios updates from HP.

Finally did battery health check from Bios and using HP tool and both say the batter health is okay.

Is there anything else that can be done? I know another friend of mine who has had the same issue on his Sony vaio laptop after windows 10 upgrade.

Hope this can be resolved.

Thanks

AbhijeetRoy, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Recent windows 10 update Battery problems HP laptop

1. Recent windows 10 update Battery problems HP laptop - Similar Threads - Recent update Battery

2. HP battery won't charge after updates recently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP battery won't charge after updates recently.: I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Computer does not recognize that it has a battery. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-battery-wont-charge-after-updates-recently/b1ad0df3-20e7-40fd-b777-2c8884ed0438
  3. HP battery won't charge after updates recently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP battery won't charge after updates recently.: I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Computer does not recognize that it has a battery. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-battery-wont-charge-after-updates-recently/b1ad0df3-20e7-40fd-b777-2c8884ed0438
  4. Related HP laptop battery

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Related HP laptop battery: Hi experts, i want to know that i purchased a genuine HP laptop battery or not.my laptop model is HP 15CK038TX, when i was searching the price of the battery in internet which shows around 3,000 rupees but i got it in the price of 2,400 rupees from the local service center. i...
  5. Recent Windows 10 update causing battery issue with laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent Windows 10 update causing battery issue with laptop?: Original post on the Microsoft support site (I did not receive any useful replies): "Hello, just updated to Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2 - KB4592438, Build 19042.685 about an hour ago. My laptop now has a blinking orange light on the battery indicator, indicating...
  6. Windows 10 problems on HP laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 problems on HP laptop: My laptop is less than 2 years old. I only use it for schoolwork, so I’m not visiting any malicious websites as far as I know. Every few months I go to turn on my laptop and it fails to boot up. I get stuck on a black screen with spinning dots With an HP logo above like...
  7. HP Laptop battery ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laptop battery ?: Just purchased a: HP - Spectre x360 2-in-1 15.6" 4K Ultra HD Touch-Screen Laptop Wondering if leaving it plugged in all the time will hurt the battery. 99.9% of the time it is on my desk. Also - better to turn it off at night or leave it on 24/7 154662
  8. battery for HP ProBook laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery for HP ProBook laptop: I replaced my battery 6 months ago. It will indicate 50% but will go down in a minute. Do batteries just last a few months? I have 6 email accounts on it and I do run illustrations on it for business, but it is 32 and not near full. ie I have plenty of space left. I have...
  9. Laptop battery and charging issues after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop battery and charging issues after recent update: I have a Lenovo T440 laptop and after a recent Windows 10 update it is refusing to charge the batteries (at least as far as I can see). Symptoms are as follows, plugged in to mains, no charging indicated and runs in battery only mode (dimmed screen, etc). If I disable the...
  10. HP Laptop battery ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laptop battery ?: I recently bought an: HP ENVY x360 Convertible - 15aq193ms - Laptop - with a: 3-cell, 43-Wh, 2.83-Ah, Li-ion battery - according the Manual. I am not 100% sure on the battery, since I cannot find the exact model I have listed anywhere. I bought it at the local MS store. I...