Windows 10: Recent Windows 10 update breaks Steam

Discus and support Recent Windows 10 update breaks Steam in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I seem to notice a trend here. Anyway, some recent update Windows 10 did completely broke Steam, except for my Steam library if I even manage to log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lord Vipes, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Recent Windows 10 update breaks Steam

I seem to notice a trend here. Anyway, some recent update Windows 10 did completely broke Steam, except for my Steam library if I even manage to log in. I've done possibly everything you can think of. If you can find it on Google, I tried it and it didn't work.

:)

Lord Vipes, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 13, 2019
  3. natr0n Win User
    Quantum Break is coming to Steam, Windows 7 supported and boxed retail.

"We have confirmed with Remedy that the Steam version of Quantum Break will support Windows 7, meaning that the game will support DirectX 11, and will not be a UWP game. "

Below are the PC system requirements for the Steam version of Quantum Break.

MINIMUM:

• Processor: Intel Core i5-4460, 2.70GHz or AMD FX-6300
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD Radeon R7 260x
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 68 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:

• Processor: Intel Core i5 4690, 3.9GHz or AMD equivalent
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 390
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 68 GB available space
    http://news.xbox.com/2016/08/10/special-edition-quantum-break-hitting-retail-and-steam-september-14/
    http://www.overclock3d.net/news/gpu_displays/quantum_break_is_coming_to_steam/1

natr0n, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Recent Windows 10 update breaks Steam

Windows 10 Update completely breaks Steam

This is a big shocker. The most recent Windows 10 update completely broke Steam. After starting it up, a few minutes later I blue screen and get an "unexpected kernel mode trap" error. This is complete bull, and I demand that Microsoft fixes this problem
    immediately. I had heard rumors you were going to be breaking steam and other platforms to try and force users to download games off of the Windows Store, but I thought it was just conspiracy theories. Now I see you are a bunch of degenerates that sabotaged
    millions of people's computers for your own personal gain. If you do not fix this, I, and many others, will file a class action lawsuit against you.

Spencer_B_1, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Recent Windows 10 update breaks Steam

1. Recent Windows 10 update breaks Steam - Similar Threads - Recent update breaks

2. The most recent W11 update breaks my Windows start button.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The most recent W11 update breaks my Windows start button.: Hello!The recent update KB5022303 for W11 Pro seems to have killed my start button. Everything else seems to work fine on the taskbar, except the start button.I have tried the usual UI trouble-shooting:Restarted explorer.exeRestarted PCDid a DISM and SFC scan, both were...
  3. Windows 10 USB printing breaks due to recent updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 USB printing breaks due to recent updates: maybe ... print problems affecting some printing devices following installation of Windows updates released June 28 KB5014666 and later.Affected platforms include both client Windows 10, version 20H2, 21H1, and 21H2 and server Windows Server, version 20H2.Windows updates...
  4. Windows 10 USB printing breaks due to recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 USB printing breaks due to recent updates: maybe ... print problems affecting some printing devices following installation of Windows updates released June 28 KB5014666 and later.Affected platforms include both client Windows 10, version 20H2, 21H1, and 21H2 and server Windows Server, version 20H2.Windows updates...
  5. Windows 10 USB printing breaks due to recent updates

6. Recent Windows Server updates break VPN, RDP, RRAS connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows Server updates break VPN, RDP, RRAS connections: Hi Team,We see there are multiple post patching issues identified for June-2022 patches released by MS. These reports related to these problems coming in since Patch Tuesday have a common theme: losing Remote Desktop and VPN connectivity to servers with Routing and Remote...
  7. Steam games recent list does not update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam games recent list does not update: The recently used program list for the Steam computer game client never updates. It says recent but it misses actual recent games that I've played and lists games that I haven't touched for months or years. How can I investigate the reason for this list not updating? It works...
  8. Steam games recent list does not update

in Windows 10 Support
    Steam games recent list does not update: The recently used program list for the Steam computer game client never updates. It says recent but it misses actual recent games that I've played and lists games that I haven't touched for months or years. How can I investigate the reason for this list not updating? It works...
  9. Your Phone app recent update breaks messages

Your Phone app recent update breaks messages: The latest update of the app has an issue where if you click on an SMS message to read from the list, the header is moved up and there's no way to get back to the message list without restarting the app: [ATTACH]...
  10. Recent Windows 10 Update Caused most of my Programs to Break/Not Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Windows 10 Update Caused most of my Programs to Break/Not Start: I got a windows 10 update a couple days ago and ever since that day, I am unable to open most of my programs. Some programs that won't open include Microsoft Edge, Skype, Minecraft, League of Legends, etc. I can't even open the settings for my computer to try to reset my PC....