Windows 10: Recent Windows 10 Update caused Havoc on my system, unable to boot

Discus and support Recent Windows 10 Update caused Havoc on my system, unable to boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently installed the most up to date patch for windows 10 and I can no longer boot. I have about 16 hours in troubleshooting this. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelGMan, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Recent Windows 10 Update caused Havoc on my system, unable to boot

Hi,

I recently installed the most up to date patch for windows 10 and I can no longer boot. I have about 16 hours in troubleshooting this. It started with a blue screen Stop Code: 0xc000021a . I tried to restore and it failed. I tried to uninstall the update but was unsucessful. I tried to restart in safe mode but failed. Everything was corrupted. I tried to use my USB install flash drive for windows 10 and I'm able to select 64-bit, it appear to load files but then says windows failed to start. status 0xc000000d info: a required device isn't connected. I tried to create a bootable USB drive from windows however, the file is 4.9 gb and needed to use NSFT format. Bios was corrected to ensure legacy combatability. I make sure the system boots it and it says this device is a non-bootable device. I went out and bought a new SSD with new stata cables, nothing is working. I have tried popping my motherboard battery out to reset it. Did not work. I've tried every trick in the book with no luck. I've unplugged all my preperhials, reseated my ram, gc, sound card.

I have tried everything. The only thing that has changed was this update from windows last night. The update has rendered my PC unusable.

:)

MichaelGMan, Oct 16, 2020

2. Latest Window 10 update caused havoc.

Hi Steve,

The possible cause of your concern might be due to corrupted or mismatched system files, hardware related issues or misconfigured Windows settings. Based on the information you've provided; we need to do further investigation. Please
    provide us the following:

• Please confirm the make and model of your device.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, performing clean boot resolves such issues. This is done to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. Also, it helps eliminate software conflicts of an update or when you run a program in Windows. Check
    this article and look for the steps on how to perform a clean
    boot. Remember to choose the operating system that you're using.

Note:
    After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup
    mode.

Let us know how it goes.

Marvin Barc, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Windows update failed and unable to boot

Hi Chrissy,

To assist you better help us with the information below.

• Have you made any recent software/hardware changes to the computer?
    • Do you get any error message or code when trying to boot into the computer?
    When installing updates it puts message “Do not shut down your machine”, if you unplug the AC adapter or turn off the computer Chances are:

• Windows resuming the installation process next time you shutdown.
    • A non-vital program file becomes corrupted and causes some feature of the OS to become unusable and crash.
    As an initial step I would suggest you to unplug all external devices if connected and then try to boot the computer by plugging in the AC adapter and check if you are able to boot the computer.

If the computer boots make sure all the updates are installed and then you can login to user Interface.

If you still not able to unable to get the in Windows Bootable environment I Would suggest you contact your manufacturer.

Get back to us if your require more help on this query.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Recent Windows 10 Update caused Havoc on my system, unable to boot

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Recent Windows 10 Update caused Havoc on my system, unable to boot

1. Recent Windows 10 Update caused Havoc on my system, unable to boot - Similar Threads - Recent Update caused

2. Recent update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent update caused BSOD: HelloFollowing the latest windows updates trying to load games caused BSOD. On the third try it seemed to corrupt the start up sequence. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-update-caused-bsod/c26ebfd4-f1ce-491a-8d07-b7b9da17a4e8
  3. KB5001330 Update Causing HAVOC on my AMD Desktop

KB5001330 Update Causing HAVOC on my AMD Desktop: Hi all, I recently purchased an AMD computer, which has been working fine for a couple of weeks. I got the updates through and thought it wouldn't hurt to update security settings etc..I also had the cumulative updates to install..in particular KB5001330 for x64 based...
  4. KB4589212 Update Causing HAVOC on my AMD Desktop

KB4589212 Update Causing HAVOC on my AMD Desktop: Hi all, I recently purchased an AMD computer, which has been working fine for a couple of weeks. I got the updates through and thought it wouldn't hurt to update security settings etc..I also had the cumulative updates to install..in particular KB4589212 for x64 based...
  5. Update wrecking havoc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update wrecking havoc: Hi everyone. I just did a window update (feature update to Windows 10, version 2004). Ever since I completed it my computer has been a nightmare to use. It keeps changing my unlock ability from a pin to a password, logs me out of websites (I use Chrome) even though I keep...
  6. Windows update 2004 causing havoc on my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update 2004 causing havoc on my laptop: It has been more than a month since the windows 2004 update and my laptop and myself going mad. I have lost hours of work. I have disabled Windows search index to mitigate the effect on disk utilisation this continuously run at 100%. It was settled for a while but update...
  7. The recent update caused problems to my PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The recent update caused problems to my PC.: After updating a few days ago, there were a couple of changes on my PC. First big change is that the microphone on my headset is not working properly. Prior to the update it was working perfectly fine but now my voice sounds very far away and muffled, and it fluctuates...
  8. Windows 10 recent update - unable to login to my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 recent update - unable to login to my laptop: Hi I'm new to the community and need a little help please!! So I shut down my laptop as normal about 10 days ago and the windows update ran before shut down. I use Lenovo ideapad 320s fairly new. Next day I can't login to my laptop it tells me wrong password?? So I try...
  9. Recent update in Windows 10 caused major problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent update in Windows 10 caused major problems: I upgraded to windows 10 and for a couiple of days everything was fine then i had an automatic update and thats when my problems started. I know one of the reasons Windows 10 is free is to get everyone on Windows Edge the stupid thing is since the update i cant get on Windows...
  10. Windows 10 cumulative update causes 'reboot loop' havoc for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 cumulative update causes 'reboot loop' havoc for some users: Microsoft's first cumulative update for Windows 10 - KB3081424 - is causing havoc for some users. The problem, in a nutshell, is that the update puts affected systems into an endless crash loop. The update tries to install, gets to a certain point, fails, and then...